IG109O6.jpg

I suppose a League 1 side would of been too much to ask?

Oh well, it could have been worse, at least we haven't drawn giant killers Bradford City!

QWQcCr6.png

jklXqtk.jpg

Brentford 0 - Q.P.R. 3

Goals - Forren (28), Berntsen (54), Diaby (74)

P.O.M. - Adam Johnson (QPR)

3l5a44D.jpg

"The stats may suggest we got a bit lucky here but don't believe it, this one was never in doubt.

The opening exchanges were quite even. We had a chance, they had a chance, nothing come from either. Once again I was quick to change my wide players over. Brentford played with 3 at the back & quite wide so it made sense to have my wide men drifting into the channels & pulling their defenders out of position.

It was a set piece however that got us off the mark, Vegrad Forren heading home from a corner in the 28th minute.

Just a minute later it was Forren again from a corner who went within a whisker of doubling our lead thumping another unchallenged header against the bar.

It remained 1-0 at the half though & I encouraged the boys not to let their performance levels drop.

Within the first 10 minutes our lead was doubled when Adam Johnson strolled into the box & was hacked down. Youngster Daniel Berntsen stepped up to the spot & kept his cool.

Our third also come from a corner as Abou Diaby escaped his man & tapped home from point blank range to put the game beyond doubt.

I shut up shop for the final 15 or so which resulted in Brentford having a number of attempts on goal, the vast majority from distance. In the end an easy win to snap our 2 game losing streak."

uNbYzfY.jpg

vC9QFuf.jpg

Back up to 10th, we seem to be settling into that mid table region that I was aiming for. Have to be happy with that I suppose.

The final 15 minutes of this game saw me hand a Premier League debut to young defender Anthony Fowler. I have mentioned him a number of times so thought this would be the perfect opportunity to introduce you all to our brightest young talent here.

cN1y0y1.jpg

aLbk4Va.jpg

To be honest he would probably be on loan right now if it wasn't for my lack of left backs. I think the odd first team game he will get here is probably better for his development at this stage though.

So instead of quoting the entire post. This is aimed at your youngster. It's something I've toyed with on my own save too. But how important is first time game time compared to having better facilities. Allow me to elaborate, it says he's a decent player for conference sides but as a premiership team surely his development would be better off with your facilities playing in the higher up youth leagues? Versus playing first team for a club with inferior facilities?

I really hope hope that made sense lol.

So instead of quoting the entire post. This is aimed at your youngster. It's something I've toyed with on my own save too. But how important is first time game time compared to having better facilities. Allow me to elaborate, it says he's a decent player for conference sides but as a premiership team surely his development would be better off with your facilities playing in the higher up youth leagues? Versus playing first team for a club with inferior facilities?

I really hope hope that made sense lol.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean.

In my opinion atm, he is better off with us for the reasons you've mentioned.

Facilities & coaching at a conference team wouldn't be up to scratch & he probably wouldn't get enough game time at say a league 1/Championship side so yeah, he is with us, will get a bit of game time here & there & hopefully develop nicely.

I accidently cropped it out but he has 4.5 star potential for anyone that is interested.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean.

In my opinion atm, he is better off with us for the reasons you've mentioned.

Facilities & coaching at a conference team wouldn't be up to scratch & he probably wouldn't get enough game time at say a league 1/Championship side so yeah, he is with us, will get a bit of game time here & there & hopefully develop nicely.

I accidently cropped it out but he has 4.5 star potential for anyone that is interested.

Yeah that confirms my thoughts, appreciate the answer excuse the long winded question. But I would love to see a recruit realise there potential I've had no luck so far. Had a 5 star pa keeper that got snatched by Man city weeks after I put him into the first team. The profit was nice but you can't put a price on the emotional attachment eh lol

View attachment 271790

Cant a bloke walk down the street without being offered a job? In different circumstances I may well of jumped at this opportunity but at the moment I will be declining I'm afraid.

Last edited:
You can't just turn down Ajax! Caught up.

Some issue with these players wanting football!

Wasn't an easy decision to turn them down that's for sure.

To be honest I haven't really had too many problems with players wanting football. I knew the Cheryshev one would be coming because he was a "key player" & was being kept out of the side by the form of Adam Johnson & Jires Kembo-Ekoko.

Moving forward Denis may have to accept a lesser squad role if he wants to stay but now is not the time for that stuff, we'll battle on best we can.

rbBryF4.png

4whVXo7.jpg

Q.P.R. 1 - Liverpool 2

Goals - Kembo-Ekoko (1), Volland (33), Sturridge (34)
P.O.M. - Emre Can (liverpool)

pvd3KTM.jpg

"We got off to the perfect start here, Jires Kembo-Ekoko scoring after just 28 seconds!

In fact for the first half hour it was all one way traffic. We really could of had 3 or 4 but for a combination of our own wastefulness & the cat like reflexes of Simon Mignolet.

In the 33rd minute a longe range shot from Emre Can could only be parried by Nicola Leali & Kevin Volland reacted quickest to draw Liverpool level.

Less then a minute later & Sturridge drifted past his man & slotted home to put us behind. I wont say Liverpool scored with their first 2 attempts but it was mighty close to the fact!

The rest of the game was a very open, free flowing game as Liverpool looked to control possession & we looked to hit them on the break. It really could have gone either way I suppose.

On another day we may have earned a draw, a different day it could have been 4-1 to Liverpool. In the end 2-1 to them. Ok. Fair enough."

40AjudF.jpg

yVkaTA8.jpg

iU6m3Nv.jpg

Undoubtedly the worst news out of the Liverpool match is that star Midfielder Matias Kranevitter has sustained an elbow injury that will keep him out of action through the busy Xmas/New year period. A bitter blow. It will now fall on Samba Diakite to step into the breach.

jQFKcBi.jpg

hYX32WQ.jpg

Time to start taking these offers a bit more seriously. Deportivo have won 3 on the bounce after their Euro Cup exit so its looking more & more likely that Victor Fernandes will keep his job.

Lazio is an interesting proposition. Their squad looks quite good but for the moment I'm going to hold out for something better, or bigger perhaps.

by6FYPg.png

oePKlHB.jpg

West Ham 1 - Q.P.R. 2

Goals - Sakho (43), Bostwick (68), Johnson (74)

P.O.M. - Diafra Sakho (West Ham)

xyytb8N.jpg

"This one was a strange one people.

To be completely honest we were quite poor. We controlled the game but looked bereft of idea's going forward & when West Ham took the lead through Diafra Sakho towards the end of the half I feared the worst.

More so when they had their 2nd ruled out in added time!

At the half I tore strips off the guys for their inept performance & sent them back out with their tails between their legs.

I'd like to say it worked a treat & we stormed back to win the match but in truth up until our first goal hit the back of the net we never looked like scoring.

Then from out of the blue Michael Bostwick hammered in a long range bomb before Adam Johnson (off the bench to replace the distinctively average Denis Cheryshev) danced his way into the box before picking out the top corner to give us the lead.

From that point we went back to being awful again but evidently 6 minutes of decent football was enough to see off the Hammers."

QeYRIjK.jpg

5Uu2ZI1.jpg

Nice to see Manuel get recognition for his good work at QPR. :)

nimoZWD.jpg

FFS, the guy only signed a new contract less then 6 months ago! One good performance & all of a sudden he's Jaap Stam! NO F'ING WAY SONNY BOY!!!

mMTV0y7.jpg

At least the lad was reasonable about it.

I always tell them to sack their agent, and it can actually be handy if they're near the end of their contract to get rid of the agent and then agree terms, because they always ask for less than the agent would, even without the agent fee!

I always tell them to sack their agent, and it can actually be handy if they're near the end of their contract to get rid of the agent and then agree terms, because they always ask for less than the agent would, even without the agent fee!

I actually thought about that but decided against it, he still has plenty of time left on his contract.

A good trick though Patty boy, will keep that one in mind ;)