• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 64K
Status
Not open for further replies.
ipmc9c.jpg

Barclay's Premier League transfer update:

barclays_premier_league.jpg

In a transfer window that has yet to close, the Premier League teams have rocked the world of football with the excessive player purchases from around the globe, none more extravagant than last seasons 6th placed Manchester United...

View attachment 308140View attachment 308141

ipmc9c.jpg

QPR boss spends wisely:

View attachment 308146

Jose Angel arrives from Italy in a deal worth £4.1m while Dutch International winger Elia joins from Werder Bremen on a seasons long loan deal with the R's paying 50% wages and 450k a month for the wingers services, however, Elia picked up an injury during pre-season which was nearly enough for the South African manager to terminate the deal..

Jenas, Jonhson, Balanta and Bothroyd left the club clearing up close to 100k a week in wages.
Ji Sung Park was considered surplus to requirements at Loftus Road after an injury ridden season and hefty wages. Park joined Frankfurt for a reported £2.7m with the R's having to subsidize wages once again.

Wright Phillips who has declined drastically as a footballer over the past year joins the Hammers on a seasons long loan deal with the club contributing 50% of the players wages.

Joey Barton has yet to agree terms with any club and may have his contract terminated if the player does not agree terms with a club before the end of the transfer window.

Pre-season results:

View attachment 308147

In a somewhat mediocre display the R's struggled to find the net save for the 9:0 thumping of minnows RUFC.

The first game of the season see's the R's away at Newcastle United

Wow!
Manchester United sure didn't spare any expenses on the transfers. Non-stop top quality signings from them.
I guess only reaching the EL made their bosses go crazy with the money.

true that :) Ferguson was on a rampage! had quite a few other bids rejected and or beaten by other clubs as well! could have been sinister...

any thoughts on QPR signings? I am off for the night, more to follow tomorrow

true that :) Ferguson was on a rampage! had quite a few other bids rejected and or beaten by other clubs as well! could have been sinister...

any thoughts on QPR signings? I am off for the night, more to follow tomorrow

I think you did really well, and kept it relatively realistic.
I'm never a big fan of signing african internationals as goalkeepers though, as I don't like to rotate much on that position.
Did Julio Cesar leave, if he didn't, I can see it work out well.

I think you did really well, and kept it relatively realistic.
I'm never a big fan of signing african internationals as goalkeepers though, as I don't like to rotate much on that position.
Did Julio Cesar leave, if he didn't, I can see it work out well.

thanks mate :) no he is still here, but will probably be his last season, he is on 70k wages and is declining more than improving..

I have always like Enyeama and now with his kicking attribute, going to play it straight to Carrol

Looks like quality purchases!

thanks mate, trying to keep it as realistic as possible with transfers etc..

pointless buying Ademilson/Destro/Ospina/Adryan etc etc etc.. its a bit boring

ipmc9c.jpg

Close but no cigar:

View attachment 308560View attachment 308561

The R's traveled to Newcastle for their first game of the season which saw Juniors team lose 2:1 on the day with Carrol netting on his debut late on in the second half.

West Brom traveled to Loftus Road for a game that was a joy to watch for the neutrals as it ended 3:2 with Loic Remy netting a brace and slotting home the winner in extra time.

Next up were minnows Swindon Town in the 2nd round of the Carling Cup, after going 2:1 down before half time Igesund changed the whole approach at the start of the 2nd half and the football that was produced was nothing short of magical.. scoring 7 goals in the 45 minutes with Loic Remy netting 4 goals.

A tough game away to oil rich Manchester City saw the R's lose once again by the narrowest of margins with Remy scoring his 7th goal in four games

Igesund needs to turn things around in order to achieve the top 10 finish he agreed to at the start of the season. He mentioned he was hoping to turn the narrow losses into narrow wins in the future..

Player of the month:

View attachment 308562

Loic Remy after netting four goals in the Carling Cup 2nd round as well as the extra time winner in the game against West Bromwich Albion.

ipmc9c.jpg

Transfer deadline day madness:

View attachment 308563View attachment 308564
View attachment 308566View attachment 308565

With the window closing hourly, Igesund was in much need of quality players he could rely on to produce the goods on a weekly basis, unfortunately deals for Nico Gaitan and Gabriel Hauche fell through due to the players being denied work permits, however, with a quick phone call to the agents of David Beckham and Scott Parker, who were both transfer listed, the club and agents came to a deal within hours having the paperwork sent through just before the window shut.

Over and above the quality these players posses, the shirt sales from both big name signings were a much needed bonus from the deals as well as the two English players providing a good work ethic and professionalism around the camp for the younger players to soak in and aspire to...

Other transfer news:

View attachment 308568

Junior Hoilett signs a new 4 year deal with the club
Douglas Costa signs for Manchester United for a fee rumored to be in the region of £14m
Vernon Anita signs for Tottenham in a deal worth £5.5m
Steven Davis joins Newcastle for £2.9m
Martin Skrtel signs for Bayern Munich for a whopping £21m

Brazilian ball winner Sandro joined Juventus from Spurs for a reported £13.75m
Ruben Rochina joins the Toffee's for a fee of £5.5m
Buttner joins Sunderland for £4m

ipmc9c.jpg

QPR squad updates:

View attachment 308579

Only a few days after the transfer window shut, Igesund was offered young Slovenian keeper Jan Oblak who was offered a 3 year deal to provide cover.

Only a day later, Enyeama broke his finger in training and will be sidelined for up to 8 weeks the physio's informed Igesund

Wellington Nem is set to return from a long period on the sidelines after breaking his arm in pre-season but will not be available for the game at Tottenham in a few days time..

Nice mate, some great signings to add depth to your squad. Looking forward to seeing how they get on. Just made some great signings on my FC Porto save, take a look

ipmc9c.jpg

Joey Barton in twitter scandal:

2304cm.jpg

Disgruntled ex England International midfielder hit twitter once again to make his feelings about the South African manager known.

Igesund has not issued a response after the tweet went viral..

thanks mate, trying to keep it as realistic as possible with transfers etc..

pointless buying Ademilson/Destro/Ospina/Adryan etc etc etc.. its a bit boring

Yeah it's not realistic winning everything with amazing players from the beginning

Great story so far Raikan :)
Like how you have kept it pretty realistic, and starting 9 games into the season was interesting :)

Great Recovery Last Season Raikan, and some very nice signings as well, esp the deals for Beckham and Parker will surely add some experiance to the Squad....
Only Unrealistic Part is : Side Effects of Playing with LFC Marshall's Database with Liverpool winning the League in the First Season itself and that too without Transfers.....Would surely have ****** me off to the Extent from wer i would have started a New Game.
Great Going with QPR and Good Luck for this Save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back