Like father like Son: Following in the footsteps: A QPR story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 64K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent career so far mate, usually get myself into one good career each year and this one is this year's pick. Keep up the good work!

Awesome story so far mate.. Love the signings of Beckham and Parker.. Also like how Remy is preforming for you..
Keep the updates coming and well done on the survival of Qpr last season and im sure you can get a 10th place finish maybe even get in the EL for next season:)

Good story so far mate, great read. Good job on avoiding relegation, I think a top 10 finish this season is a certainty ;)

ipmc9c.jpg

Hard work pays off:

View attachment 309973View attachment 309974

QPR have exceeded expectations in the Premier League so far this season finding themselves 5th after 12 games with the highlight being the 2:0 victory over fierce rivals Chelsea at Loftus Road.

Igesund was hoping the club could win the Capital One Cup this season after good performances in the round two and three, however, a determined Huddersfield team came out on top after the match ended 3:3 and with the minnows winning on penalties.

A tough couple of weeks await the R's with two away games, the first against United then at the Emirates.

Igesund will be looking to pick up any points where he can over the next few weeks after a good run of form coming into December.

Top players:

View attachment 309978

View attachment 309981View attachment 309980View attachment 309979View attachment 309977View attachment 309976View attachment 309975View attachment 309982

Chris Samba has been performing by far the best out of the squad since the start of the season with an astounding 8.06 average rating in the Premier League and 7.96 overall in all competitions.

Shane Long and Loic Remy have been majestic upfront together so far this season, up until Loic picked up a 3 month injury layoff.

Carrol has been a good replacement for Remy so far as well as performing extremely well when being brought off the bench.

David Beckham as picked up 4 assists in his 6 games so far this season

Weiss has been sensational since arriving from Italy and has provided a great attacking threat down the right hand side, especially away from home.

Some good performances there mate, good work so far this season :)

Fantastic thread so far man, reading this at work and its keeping me from boredom!

Don't leave it too long until the next update! :)

thanks guys :) just got my *** handed to me by United though :P hahaha

more to follow

ipmc9c.jpg

QPR catapult into top four:

View attachment 310439View attachment 310440

After a very heavy defeat at the hands of Manchester United and Neymar, Igesunds' men pulled out all the stops in a month of fantastic results for the London club which see's the R's in fourth position in the league at the start of January.

A good 2:2 draw against rivals Arsenal as Weiss hit a brace in the second half to mount a fantastic comeback.

A 5:0 trashing of other London rivals West Ham was the highlight of the month, Igesund was over the moon as to how the team played as he had made many changes to the way the team set out.

This tactical change seemed to have not just been a one hit wonder with the club picking up a head of steam and winning three games on the trot.

A difficult January awaits the R's who face City, Liverpool and Tottenham within 12 days of each other.

The R's top players:

View attachment 310441View attachment 310442View attachment 310443View attachment 310444View attachment 310446

In the past five games these players stood out the most, even though the whole team has been performing above expectations this season, these players deserve the most recognition.

Shane Long has scored 6 goals in his last 5 games with an average rating of 8.18
Vladimir Weiss has netted 6 goals in his last 5 games with an average rating of 8.22
Jack Cork, who has reinvented himself as a right back for his new club has a rating of 7.94 in his last 5 games
Chris Samba, who has recently won the African defender of the year award, 3rd place in African Footballer of the year award behind Adebayor (2nd) and Mikel (1st) has been unbeatable at the back this year and is one of the main reasons the R's find themselves in 4th position.
Andy Carrol has played exceptionally well coming off the bench and netting goals

QPR tempt young Dutch midfielder to join the club:

View attachment 310447

With only 6 months left on the talented youngsters contract at Feyenoord, Igesund offered the youngster a lucrative package in order to secure the signature of the Dutch International midfielder to replace David Beckham and a possible departure of Esteban Granero in the summer window.

The wage is rumored to be in the region of 44k a week if the Clasie accepts Igesunds' contract.

ipmc9c.jpg

Joyous January:

View attachment 310734View attachment 310735

The month started off well with a hard fought victory over the Baggies in the Premier League only to play them again three days later in the FA Cup 3rd round which saw the R's again come out on top after a fine display.

A convincing win against Newcastle saw the R's rise to 3rd in the table, albeit only for a short while.

A defeat at the hands of the superstar studded Manchester City was a bitter pill to swallow as that allowed Spurs to catch up. The Liverpool loss saw Spurs leapfrog the R's into 4th position in the table.

Another good display in the FA Cup 4th round saw Igesunds' squad come out 3:0 victors against another Premier League outfit Wolverhampton.

Igesund made it clear that the FA Cup was a main priority for his squad this season as well as trying to push for that 4th position.

New recruits:

View attachment 310740View attachment 310741
View attachment 310738View attachment 310737

One of Igesunds' main transfer targets when he joined the club was English keeper Ruddy, after a year and a half the South African eventually got his man. The rumored fee was in the region of £6.75m.

Ruddy's communication was a key factor in Igesunds' decision to bring the player in as well as filling up a spot in the home grown quota if the R's make Europe.

On the final day of the transfer window Italian superstar Andrea Pirlo's agent contacted Igesund directly with regards to his player, Juventus has listed Pirlo and was available for a measly 100k which Igesund offered immediately.

Once again the purchase spiked merchandising sales, fans were delighted with the purchase and were foaming at the mouths to see the new star in the clubs shirt as soon as possible.

Goal of the month award dominated by the R's:

View attachment 310736

In the goal of the month awards QPR player Hoillet scooped the top spot for a sensational long range effort against which saw the ball swing in and dip over Hart's head into the top corner while Nem came in 3rd with a good individual effort against the Baggies.

Very nice work mate. As always :)

I wanna gently invite you to pass in my story. It's the one about Benfica :)

cheers

thanks mate, send me the link :)

Pirlo just cost me a much needed win vs Spurs with a back pass directly too Benteke in the 88th minute on his debut.. fun times, it finished 1:1 and I really needed the win

Hmm.. It's so annoying when our best players do that. Now, until the season finishes, you can count the goals that Benteke scores. Probably just 5 or 6 more haha. I hate when a player makes his first goal against me!

Hmm.. It's so annoying when our best players do that. Now, until the season finishes, you can count the goals that Benteke scores. Probably just 5 or 6 more haha. I hate when a player makes his first goal against me!

he is doing well for them, Spurs got him beginning of this season

Oh I understand in the wrong way.. I thought that was Benteke first game, so I've made that post. After all it was Pirlo's first game.
Was still asleep, never mind :)
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back