Like father like Son: Following in the footsteps: A QPR story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 64K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking signings mate!!!! I really like Pato as a plaer but have never manage him on fm.. This is a really good and realistic story my friend keep it up and im sure you be leading Qpr to the prem title in the next few year..

Keep up the good work

I'm loving the story mate, keep it coming. But i have a question in fact? You started as semi pro as experience. Can you tell me what the difference is between starting as a sunday league or automatic experience?

hey bud, thank you :)

yes I did, Sunday league was the only one lower..

Automatic will give set you one of the options when you join a team, so for example if you joined a club like Real/Barca/Man Utd you would receive at least Professional footballer, if not International..

if you had to join a club like Huddersfield/Sheff Utd you would most likely be given Semi Pro experience

ipmc9c.jpg

Junior satisfied with pre-season prep:

View attachment 312161

An unbeaten pre-season was good preparation for the upcoming season with the R's now in the battle for Europe and FA Cup holders. A mediocre set of results against stiffer opposition was enough to get the players match fit and ready to go...

QPR battling for top 4 finish:

View attachment 312164View attachment 312162View attachment 312163View attachment 312165

Currently sitting in 3rd place, with a game in hand over 4th place rivals Spurs and two in hand over 2nd placed London rivals Arsenal has delighted the fans and board alike.

The only losses so far in the Premier League have been away at Arsenal and Manchester United.

A very dissappointing Capitol One Cup exit at the hands of Peterborough which saw Andrea Pirlo and Stehpane Mbia receive their marching orders in the first half and second half respectively. The R's came back well to take the game to extra time but lost 4:3 at the end of extra time after the game ended 2:2 before entering extra time.

QPR have conceded a few goals so far this season, something that Igesund has mentioned on numerous occassions, reports suggest he may be on the lookout for a replacement for Mbia and rumors suggest it may be St Ettienne defender Kurt Zouma..

View attachment 312166

Group I table:

View attachment 312167

QPR have one game left in the Europa League against table topping Lille away from home. The winner of that game will top the group, however, a draw will see Lille maintain their top spot...

Perfect Pato:

View attachment 312178View attachment 312176View attachment 312174View attachment 312173

Pato has started his career off with a bang at the London club scoring nearly a goal every game. The Brazilian has only picked up a gashed arm since joining which saw the striker sidelined for three days.

The fans are delighted with how the star has performed under Igesund, after the South African put all of his faith in his signing.

Shane Long once again does not know when to stop scoring, the Irishman has been unstoppable this season picking up where he left off last season.

Igesund has captured young Chilean central defender Sergio Aguilera from Santiago Wanderers for a fee of around £1.6m. The 17yr old stands in at 202cm and weighs 94kg's.

Thomas Heurtaux will join up with Fulham for a fee of £7m after the Frenchman failed to impress since his £2.8m move from Udinese, the player was declining every week and Igesund did not want such a player on his training ground influencing his players..

Frank Lampard signed a one year deal with the club after a very successful season with OM, Igesund wanted the Englishmen around at the club to assist the younger players in maturing into professionals such as Lampard. Frank has only started 5 games this season and creating one goal.

Last edited:
great story Raikan! surprised to see pato injury free and in great form, love how you got lampard in and with pirlo you have 2 tutoring gems. top 4 should be a guarantee!

what a story mate.. and those signings.. you really present it in a realistic way!! i really like this story.. keep them updates flowing!!!
this season will be the one for you.. i think you will get in the top 3!

quality story as usual raikan :)

If I'm not mistaken Gordon Igesund's son is/was a football player IRL, and was also pretty good at least in CM 2003-04 ;)

Cracking story! Nice to see Pato fit and scoring for a change! Def following this. Keep 'em coming

ipmc9c.jpg

QPR claim historic 3rd position:

View attachment 312994View attachment 312981View attachment 312982

A truly memorable season for the London club and fans alike, seeing their team finish 3rd position overall in the Barclays Premier League securing automatic qualification for next seasons Uefa Champions League ending off with an outstanding 3:0 win over rivals Chelsea..

An outstanding 16 game unbeaten run from the FA Cup exit at the hands of Manchester City has seen the club through to this momentous feat.

With several games in hand at some stages of the season the R's had dropped down to 6th position for a stage and with the added pressure still came out on top and fought back to the position they saw themselves for most of the season. A truly fantastic season by everyone involved..

A few highlights included a 5 goal Loic Remy first half against Russian giants Zenit which saw the R's through to the Europa League Final with a 6:0 aggregate only to play Premier League winners and rivals, Chelsea in just a few days time.

Premier League stats, awards and milestones:

View attachment 312985

View attachment 312995View attachment 312993View attachment 312996View attachment 312992

Christopher Samba has once again broken a Premier League record, this time breaking his own record from last season for the highest average rating of any player in the League.

Igesunds' fine season saw the South African finish in a close 2nd place as Manager of the Year behind winners Chelsea and their manager Rafa Benitez.

Pato came in with the 3rd best goal of the season award for his great individual effort against West Ham United which saw the Brazilian bend the ball into to the top left hand corner, hitting the bar on its way in from 15m.

QPR top performers:

View attachment 312991View attachment 312990View attachment 312989View attachment 312988View attachment 312987View attachment 312986View attachment 312984View attachment 312983

With such a great season it was hard to single out the most important or best player, the entire squad performed well throughout the season and all deserve the praise, however, here are a few that really stood out...

312166d1361257019t-like-father-like-son-following-footsteps-qpr-story-el-logo.jpg

Wednesday 20th May 2015

View attachment 312997 vs View attachment 312998

With only a few days to go until this historic game which see's first timers QPR face up against recent Champions League winners Chelsea, tension is high.

View attachment 313016

A 1:0 loss to the hands of bitter rivals Chelsea was only the tip of the iceberg after the final whistle in the Europa League final..

The R's were not awarded a penalty which was clear as daylight as well as having a goal dissallowed shortly before Chelsea opened the scoring through Badstuber from a long throw set piece.

Igesund made his feelings known about the poor referring on the night and was extremely frustrated which may lead to a warning by the FA as he accused the referee of match fixing as he felt this was the only possible explanation..

A second bookable offence, which was once again an incorrect decision saw Trippier receive his marching orders in the 74th minute.

Chelsea were lucky not to receive a red card as well after Ashley Cole's consistent fouling.

Last edited:
updates made!

so ****** off about the final! damnit! such horrible refereeing.. cost me the game

what a season, and "I told you so!!" .. i told you, you would end in top 3!! :D cracking season there mate!!
really annoying you didnt get that penalty, and those cards... who was the referee? Webber??

Great results mate!

Samba's really killing the league LOL! Great season though. Gonna be champions in no time

fantastic seson Raikan, like the Layout as well of making 3 or 4 updates a season.......Great to see u finish 3rd only sad that Man Utd didnt qualify 4th......Surprised to see Samba play so so well, has all the Great Attributes but Concentration is low at 11....
Dissapointing abt the Europa League though..
Thought Pato would become ur First Choice striker but surprised to See Long scoring 25 odd goals a season .....
All in all a Fantastic Season for QPR and Good Luck for the UCL next Season.

what a season, and "I told you so!!" .. i told you, you would end in top 3!! :D cracking season there mate!!
really annoying you didnt get that penalty, and those cards... who was the referee? Webber??

Great results mate!
hahaha, thanks mate :) yeah I was really pushing for top 3 :) really glad I got it! great season!

he had a rating of 9.8 for the final :) lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back