Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

It's incredible that you just started this story and so many people are interested!

It's incredible that you just started this story and so many people are interested!
Thank you, im guessing its because people know what their getting with my 3 previous Limerick stories and are coming back for more,

Limerick

View attachment 300095

April 2017

The Great Robbie Williams has just asked to leave the club for a new challenge and nobody wanted to buy him even for free so i offered him a free transfer and he started moaning! You cant win

View attachment 300091

April Results

View attachment 300090

Another brilliant month as we beat Cobh Ramblers in the Munster Senior Cup to reach the Final and also beat Linfield to make another All Ireland Cup Final.
Whilst in the league we drew with Dundalk before winning our other 4 league games with youth intake player Maher really coming to the fore in recent weeks.

12 Match Unbeaten Run (13 After Bohemians Win Too)

View attachment 300089

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 300088

6 points clear at the top whilst us, Dundalk and Sligo Rovers are all undefeated so far this season they are having far too many draws to threaten our top spot.​

Limerick

View attachment 300087

May 2017

All Ireland Cup Final V Dundalk

View attachment 300086

**** You Dundalk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We lose our first game of the new season and it just so happens to be in the ****** Cup Final! Were now 3 - 2 in our last Cup Finals and i dont fancy that becoming 3-3 in the Munster Senior Cup Final.

May Results

View attachment 300085

So although we lost in the All Ireland Cup Final we did progress in the two other cup competitions whilst also winning all 3 of our league games this month and accidentally playing our first game of the next month too. OOPS

View attachment 300083

11 points clear and still undefeated, i hate to say it but i think the leagues sown up before the halfway stage of the season.​

Limerick

View attachment 300081

June 2017

Munster Senior Cup Final Win V Cork City

View attachment 300080

We break into the top 300 in Europe well ahead of our nearest countrymen in Sligo Rovers 40 odd places behind us.

View attachment 300079

Tough Champions League Draw V Salzburg

View attachment 300078

June Results

View attachment 300077

So along with winning the Munster Senior Cup we beat Shamrock Rovers in the league before struggling to draw against UCD and then worst of all that **** Dundalk beat us in the League Cup!!!!!!!

View attachment 300076

Just 9 points clear after dropping points to UCD with Doherty top of the assists charts but we seem to spread out our league goals too much and never have anyone fighting for the Golden Boot.

hes had quite a few long term stories on here which I think helps as you know when he does a new story its not going to stop after half a season. and I like the fact every time I come on here theres been some updates

Brilliant season you had there mate! Hopefully 2 time round if you get back into group stages you have a bit more luck! Team seems to be progressing nicely! Pleased to see them investing in Facilities too!

Brilliant season you had there mate! Hopefully 2 time round if you get back into group stages you have a bit more luck! Team seems to be progressing nicely! Pleased to see them investing in Facilities too!
Thanks man, In regards to getting into the Champions League it is definitely down to the luck of the draw but also i may be seeded for the Qualifiers as we have gone up in the rankings so again our draw could be easier

Limerick

View attachment 299376

July 2017

First off i brought in the Under 19 Irish GK as backup

View attachment 299375

I then broke the wage bank to bring in an Irish International and Former Premier League Striker in Andy Keogh on a free transfer

View attachment 299374

Champions League 2nd Qualifying rnd V Salzburg

View attachment 299373View attachment 299372

I never like drawing at home as it gives them the advantage in the second leg but it didnt matter, So i thought we were going out in the very first round but up popped Rory Gaffney with literally seconds left of the match to net the winner and put us through to the next rnd.

Easier Tie in Next Rnd V Rabotnicki

View attachment 299371

July Results

View attachment 299370

So it wasnt a very good month in the league as we lost twice this season more than we had for the whole of the season before this month and then only drew with Dundalk, Our only win was against Bohemians with Keogh scoring on the debut.

Gaffney Becomes Limerick League Record Goalscorer

View attachment 299366

View attachment 299365

Even after a terrible month in the league we are still 5 points clear at the top with a game in hand over second placed Dundalk.

Limerick

View attachment 299186

August 2017

Champions League 3rd Qualifying rnd V Rabotnicki

View attachment 299185View attachment 299184

Keogh's money was well worth it after these couple of games after we dominate away from home but it was his only goal that won it for us before destroying them back in Ireland with Keogh grabbing the first goal of many.

Champions League Playoff Draw V Bate

View attachment 299181

Champions League Playoffs

View attachment 299180View attachment 299179

So in the away game we struggled for chances for most of the match and even went 1-0 down before Doherty single-handedly got us back into the tie with a quick brace.
The home game was more of the same as we had plenty of chances but had Doherty to thank yet again for sending us through to the Champions League Group Stages

Champions League Money!!!!!!!!

View attachment 299178

Champions League Group Draws

View attachment 299177

So we have had one of the toughest draws possible but im kind of happy because we might as well go out with a bang and im going to love bringing Man Utd, Juventus and PSV to Limerick

August Results

View attachment 299170

So along with our European adventure we have had a win,draw and loss in the league whilst also progressing in the Senior Challenge Cup.

View attachment 299166

Only 2 points clear but we do have 3 games in hand now and will hopefully rap up another league title.​

Oh my god this story is amazing! Man Utd, Juventus and PSV coming to a ****** farm ground!

CL Group is an absolute nightmare!! FM Gods were definately on side for your yoth intake though werent they?

Limerick

View attachment 298662

September 2017

So first of i managed to bring in a couple of new players on free transfers after the Champions League money came in, I brought in a new first choice GK in James Shea a former Arsenal Trainee and then i managed a big marquee signing in the shape of Stephen Ireland the former Man City, Stoke and Newcastle player

View attachment 298661View attachment 298660

September Fixtures

View attachment 298659

We progressed in the cup whilst winning 3 out of our 4 league games this month only dropping points to Shamrock Rovers, We got thrashed by Man Utd at Old Trafford as expected but im sure Lynch wont care as he managed to get a goal.

View attachment 298658

6 games to go and its all but sown up as were 9 points clear of Dundalk with a game in hand on them whilst our players have been at the top of their game all season with some amazing displays and 4 of them topping the highest average rating chart.​

Limerick

View attachment 298290

Champions League Match V PSV Breaks 10,000 Attendance Barrier

View attachment 298289

October Results

View attachment 298288

So well we lost both of our Champions League games easily but at least Lynch has 3 goals in 3 games in the group stages.
We smashed Castlebar in the Cup to reach the Final against main rivals Dundalk and also won 4 of our league games with our only loss coming at the end of the season when the title was already secured.

Limerick Win 3rd Title On The Bounce

View attachment 298287

View attachment 298286

We won it by 10 points in the end as Dundalk started to faulter, and we secured our 3rd title since i took over and are only 13 more titles away from taking the record from Shamrock Rovers.

Story is incredible, shame you have to wait a long time for another CL spot.

Story is incredible, shame you have to wait a long time for another CL spot.
Last time round i was about 8 seasons in when we gained another spot and a group stage place but for the next few seasons we would have it one year then the next year lose it, im hoping to establish ourselves and the league enough to gain 2 permanent champs lge spots.

Limerick

View attachment 298260

Nov/Dec 2017

Senior Challenge Cup Final V Dundalk

View attachment 298258

Another trophy in the bag as we beat our main rivals from recent seasons Dundalk in the Final and win my first Senior Challenge Cup the only domestic trophy i had left to win.

We lost heavily again to a visiting Juventus and Man Utd but broke the record attendance both times by a few thousand.

View attachment 298256View attachment 298255

We dont care about all of the other games as we beat PSV away from home in the final group stage game thanks to a very late Doherty Winner!

View attachment 298254

Nov/Dec Results

View attachment 298253

Champions League Group Table End

View attachment 298251

Bottom of the group but i dont care as we got our first win in the Champions League group stages whilst Jack Doherty is 4th in the Champions League Goalscoring Charts.