Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 12K
If I'm honest, Chelseas squad depth let them down, they didn't have any top players to bring on to change the game and that cost them today.

Totally agree with that, unlike man utd and city, chelsea can only bring on youngsters atm.

i didnt believe chelsea had the league wrapped up nowhere near and even before the season started a said to a few people i cant see chelsea defending the title and we wont with performances against the big teams like that

We wern't that bad today we just couldn't find a way past City's back four which was disappointing, our bigger players didn't perform either. We had double the amount of shots City had, and 60% possession to their 40%. We were hardly outplayed or outclassed, if anything we had the better of the match without creating many clear chances.

We commited to many players forward and all City did was counter us with pace which was the difference.

Not really because Zhirkov looked pretty decent when he had the ball and McEachran used the ball really well. The only sub that let us down was Sturridge.

Wow, Zhirkov.... He's not really got a proven record for improving Chelsea as a sub. Most of the Chelsea bench, in terms of attackers was inexperienced. Not really good enough.

this is what i said about us against fulham and everton yet you were saying we're having a massive crisis?

no i agreed with you, u said its 2 more points that what you got last season and i said yer your right but we have 5 more points that we got against teams last season with beating Wigan and West Ham.

Not really because Zhirkov looked pretty decent when he had the ball and McEachran used the ball really well. The only sub that let us down was Sturridge.

He said "top players". Whichever you look at it, that trio are not "top players". All three are young, upcoming players, but they're not at the top of their profession yet.

My ratings

Hart- 6
Zabaleta- 8
Toure- 8
Kompany- 7
Boyata- 8
De Jong- 9
Barry- 7
Yaya- 7
Silva- 7
Milner- 7
Tevez- 6

He said "top players". Whichever you look at it, that trio are not "top players". All three are young, upcoming players, but they're not at the top of their profession yet.
zhirkov showed no reason why he should be a first team player, despite complaining about it earlier. i expect chelseas next oppostion (think its arsenal) to be on the back of a big backlash

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

My ratings

Hart- 6
Zabaleta- 8
Toure- 8
Kompany- 7
Boyata- 8
De Jong- 9
Barry- 7
Yaya- 7
Silva- 7
Milner- 7
Tevez- 6
swap the figures for boyata and tevez

zhirkov showed no reason why he should be a first team player, despite complaining about it earlier. i expect chelseas next oppostion (think its arsenal) to be on the back of a big backlash

Certainly not a first team player. What Zhirkov is is a ultility left-sided player, backup for Cole and Malouda. No more.

My ratings

Hart- 6
Zabaleta- 8
Toure- 8
Kompany- 7
Boyata- 8
De Jong- 9
Barry- 7
Yaya- 7
Silva- 7
Milner- 7
Tevez- 6

Tevez only gets a 6? Thats a bit harsh tbh, other than that I probably agree. Was really impressed with how Boyata is coming on as a player. Never seen Zabaleta at left back before but he also did really well.

Wow, Zhirkov.... He's not really got a proven record for improving Chelsea as a sub. Most of the Chelsea bench, in terms of attackers was inexperienced. Not really good enough.

Zhirkov is a pretty decent player and has a good record of breaking into the box and putting really good crosses in thats why i didn't understand bringing Zhirkov in who will give you good crosses and taking Drogba off who is good in the air. And as for McEachran yes hes not a top player but he is only 17 and he looked pretty decent when he came on yet again.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I thought Boyata was excellent, considering hes not played against the best teams before. He looked solid for most of the game, Gave Drogba a hard time (what is needed to stop him). Id maybe make them both 7's, other than the goal tevez didnt do much, but it did win us the game. I hope ZM does an article on this game

we got Marseille midweek. lets not forget Ashley Cole was injured for 3months last season and Zhirkov was immense filling in for him.

Zhirkov is a pretty decent player and has a good record of breaking into the box and putting really good crosses in thats why i didn't understand bringing Zhirkov in who will give you good crosses and taking Drogba off who is good in the air. And as for McEachran yes hes not a top player but he is only 17 and he looked pretty decent when he came on yet again.

Yeah. That's exactly what I said. They're pretty decent players. No more. oO)

I will add that John Terry had a sensational game anyone who slate him is totally 100% wrong and know nothing about football.

How did Terry have a sensational game? Am I missing anything here?

Terry is clumsy and lacking in pace, much like Ferdinand now unfortunately.

I thought Boyata was excellent, considering hes not played against the best teams before. He looked solid for most of the game, Gave Drogba a hard time (what is needed to stop him). Id maybe make them both 7's, other than the goal tevez didnt do much, but it did win us the game. I hope ZM does an article on this game
i dunno, i though he had a difficult first half against drogba (on another day the ref could have punished him) much better second half though. he played against us last season, had a very tough time, but still did well considering his inexperience and age, could be a very good player

Lets just clear this up yes Boyata had a good game but didn't he do the same kind of tackles Diouf was getting slammed for last week, Although i know it wasen't on the keeper he was intentionly fouling Drogba off the ball in good positions.

Lets just clear this up yes Boyata had a good game but didn't he do the same kind of tackles Diouf was getting slammed for last week, Although i know it wasen't on the keeper he was intentionly fouling Drogba off the ball in good positions.

Unfortunately for Chelsea, Drogba has a reputation for going down too easily and I imagine that played a part.

How did Terry have a sensational game? Am I missing anything here?

Terry is clumsy and lacking in pace, much like Ferdinand now unfortunately.

Terry won everything at the back and kept Tevez pretty quiet. Like i said if you didn't see he had a great game then you don't know football. The same as DeJong had a sensational game keeping Drogba out the game.

Mikel did exactly the same thing to tevez in the first half!! we were on the counter and Mikel just stood in his way and completely took him out. You amaze me sometimes CJACKO

Back