Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 12K
So, 60,000 attending at 30 quid a pop, that's 1.8 million spent on this humiliation...

I have no idea why we're crossing it in for Arshavin who stands at an epic 5'7".. my girlfriend is talking than that.

Has the rule become no swearing at all now?

You keep warning people for language, but it's hardly excessive.
no ive only warned cjacko and joss, twice in one post each, and third time for joss anyway. its more of a watch it a bit, than a you're gonna get infracted warning

not sure that swearing is really necessary anyway.

Last edited:
Need to ask CJ for some excuses, or has he used them all? Ummmm, we're too tired?

Rephlex, it's significantly more than that i would expect. Tickets are usually more like £40, plus box office, and club level which go up and up to more like £3/4 million

Aye you have many words at your disposal, although ultimately we have been as useful as a chocolate fireguard today and I can see why you get a **** it all reaction. Arsenal simply havn't turned up, perhaps we lack a leader on the pitch to really get the lads going, but in my mind they look lazy and short of ideas, as if hoofing it up the park is good enough due to the badge on their shirt. Really poor attitude, poor discipline in not maintaining a defensive structure (where was our deep lying midfielder to pressurise the man for the 1st and 3rd goal).

Awful movement too, Sagna's run down the right should have been crossed, short ball to Nasri gets you nothing, but then nobody runs out of the box to offer a short option.. really really poor.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Rephlex, it's significantly more than that i would expect. Tickets are usually more like £40, plus box office, and club level which go up and up to more like £3/4 million

Crikey, shows you how long it's been since I lived in London and went to games! But aye, a fair few dissapointed people with an empty wallet.

Need to ask CJ for some excuses, or has he used them all? Ummmm, we're too tired?

I remember last year they were saying they make round £2mil every home game. That my have gone up depending on ticket prices and stuff.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how much longer Arsenal fans continue to pack the stadium out if they continue to struggle this season. I know it is only one game but from the sounds of it, Almunia made another mistake today which led to one of the West Brom goals and with them missing a penalty they could be even further in front. Not a good day for Arsenal. Probably a one off though.

nasri seems determined to haul this back, great ball from arshavin

I may have spoken too soon, looks like the gooners are mounting a come back.

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Southampton. Finally, a win since Pardew got sacked! (I hope)

Thing is JDH, as an Arsenal fan I think this is always likely if we keep our keeper as Almunia/Fabianski, he charges out too much, utterly gifted them two goals today, could have been worse had he not made the pen save.

And jesus christ Nasri is embarassing the rest of the team, running back for a linking pass then running forward into the box. Such a shame nobody is leading the line alongside him.

I remember last year they were saying they make round £2mil every home game. That my have gone up depending on ticket prices and stuff.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how much longer Arsenal fans continue to pack the stadium out if they continue to struggle this season. I know it is only one game but from the sounds of it, Almunia made another mistake today which led to one of the West Brom goals and with them missing a penalty they could be even further in front. Not a good day for Arsenal. Probably a one off though.

Woah there.

60,000 people will continue to flock to the Emirates until we do REALLY badly (i.e. get relegated or something dreadful)

I do agree that it looks like a one off, but it's nowhere near good enough even once to get utterly embarrassed by WBA. Why oh why do footballers do this?

Good chance for Rosicky at the end there.

Full time, 3-2 WBA they deserve it, i think it's the right result, they took their chances, we didn't create any until around the hour mark really but well done nasri for two goals, one very good one, one which was probably offside.

deserved win for west brom, but nasri didnt deserve to be on the losing side, let down by the rest of the side, slack passing, no composure on the ball, little or no think from the players

Great play West Brom though, well played and deserved it. Arsenal have to pick themselves up for next Saturday, lets start by the other 10 players turning up.

Birmingham 0-0 Wigan (Gardner redcard 90')
Zigic was **** and game wasnt great

Back