Live - Transfer deadline day

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 60K
Andy Carroll might have been outscored by those various players you mentioned last year in the championship

" Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam"

But if you take away penalties i wonder how many these scored!? because Carroll doesnt take pens usually for Newcastle

And bar charlie adam non of these have ever made an impact on the premiership or played for England and are not playing to the same level as carroll,

Carroll is younger than all of these and is already proven he can do it in the Prem with a smaller team so at a bigger club with more service the guy is only going to get better!

Today's Confirmed Transfer (BBC Sport)
Adriano Basso [unattached - Wolves]
Federico Bessone [Leeds - Charlton] Loan
Jonathan Brown [unattached - Bath City]
Jason Crowe [Leeds - Leyton Orient] Free
Paulo da Silva [Sunderland - Real Zaragoza] Undisclosed
Andy Drury [Luton - Ipswich] Undisclosed
Robbie Findley [Real Salt Lake - Nottingham Forest] Free
Ali Fuseini [unattached - Lincoln]
Joe Garner [Nottingham Forest - Scunthorpe] Loan
Matt Green [Oxford - Cheltenham] Loan
Maximilian Haas [Bayern Munich - Middlesbrough] Undisclosed
Simon Hackney [Colchester - Oxford] Loan
Bryan Hughes [unattached - Grimsby]
Paul Jones [Exeter - Peterborough] Loan
Paul Konchesky [Liverpool - Nottingham Forest] Loan
Patrick Madden [Bohemians - Carlisle] Undisclosed
Obafemi Martins [Rubin Kazan - Birmingham] Loan
Jacob Mellis [Chelsea - Barnsley [Loan]
Louis Moult [Stoke - Mansfield] Loan
Frank Nouble [West Ham - Barnsley] Loan
Luke O'Neill [Leicester - Kettering] Loan
Isaiah Osbourne [Aston Villa - Sheffield Wednesday] Loan
Andy Reid [Sunderland - Blackpool] Undisclosed
Scott Spencer [unattached - Lincoln]
Ben Williamson [unattached - Bournemouth]
Meouane Zemmama [Hibernian - Middlesbrough] Undisclosed

Andy Carroll might have been outscored by those various players you mentioned last year in the championship

" Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam"

But if you take away penalties i wonder how many these scored!? because Carroll doesnt take pens usually for Newcastle

And bar charlie adam non of these have ever made an impact on the premiership or played for England and are not playing to the same level as carroll,

Carroll is younger than all of these and is already proven he can do it in the Prem with a smaller team so at a bigger club with more service the guy is only going to get better!

Andy Caroll is a fantastic prospect no doubt but comparing him to Drogba, Torres and Rooney right now as Alex did was completely **** as all of them have been out of form, malaria etc.

Andy Caroll is a great player but no way can u justify that 35m price tag especially if u consider that Chelsea valued Torres at 30m just a couple of days ago

If the Ireland deal is off newcastle must be thinking of who they can get with the 35 million if carrol goes and must want someone better and on a permanent deal , if it was me i would put a cheeky bid for Adam in and see what happens!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Andy Caroll is a fantastic prospect no doubt but comparing him to Drogba, Torres and Rooney right now as Alex did was completely **** as all of them have been out of form, malaria etc.

Andy Caroll is a great player but no way can u justify that 35m price tag especially if u consider that Chelsea valued Torres at 30m just a couple of days ago

im not disputing the value is very over priced, but if you think of the darren bent transfer ENGLISH strikers are always over priced especially if you think of Carroll's performances and goals and the fact he got the England call up that's just how it is,

Carroll is not a better player than Villa, Dzeko ,tevez who were all bough for under 35 mil , but he is young , english and has really proven himself in the prem and his the potential to get better so thats why his value is through the roof!

But as a newcaslte fan im not complaining!

If the Ireland deal is off newcastle must be thinking of who they can get with the 35 million if carrol goes and must want someone better and on a permanent deal , if it was me i would put a cheeky bid for Adam in and see what happens!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

im not disputing the value is very over priced, but if you think of the darren bent transfer ENGLISH strikers are always over priced especially if you think of Carroll's performances and goals and the fact he got the England call up that's just how it is,

Carroll is not a better player than Villa, Dzeko ,tevez who were all bough for under 35 mil , but he is young , english and has really proven himself in the prem and his the potential to get better so thats why his value is through the roof!

But as a newcaslte fan im not complaining!

to me it just looks like last-minute panic buying from Liverpool, pretty sure they would have negotiated if they had time

Liverpool's bid rejected. Ashley you idiot.

Liverpool have a second Carroll bid rejected... *big sigh of relief*

On sky sports news now... But it's probably not the end of it.

Liverpool's bid rejected. Ashley you idiot.

the only reason i think that it has been rejected as you get 40 million for staying in the prem and thats what the difference between andy carroll moving could be is stayin in the prem or a relegation back to the championship and maybe because there is not enough time to get a good enough replacement in for him!

Conor Thomas has moved to Liverpool on loan until the end of the season

@SkyBet:
We've put the Andy Carroll market back out after Liverpool's second bid is rejected and offer 2/1 on him being a Newcastle player tomorrow.

Rejected £35m for Andy Carroll? Jeez.

Back