Live - Transfer deadline day

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 60K
If for some reason the Suarez and Carroll deal couldn't be completed while the Torres - Chelsea deal went through I'm predicting a massive suicide.

Eidur Gudjohnsen reckons he'll still be a Stoke player tomorrow.

Mike Bradley's a good signing for Villa,

Anyone think Oba Martins could've been approached by Newcastle if he hadn't joined Birmingham already?

Just been on SSN.. Stephen Ireland is expected to sign for Newcastle on loan very soon.

EDIT: The deal has been completed according to the SSN transfer clockwatch. So Stephen Ireland moves to Newcastle on loan until the end of the season.

Last edited:
Daily Telegraph reporter Rory Smith on Twitter: "James Beattie and Andy Reid? Get on Blackpool to do brilliantly in Championship Manager 2003."

Aha, well he done well at Stoke! (A)

Yeah I agree as a fan of Stoke I was over the moon when he came but he wasn't fit and never got fit just wait till you see the size off him whoa he's put on some weight.

If he does play well it just proves the physicality off the Scottish League :)

If he only gets his work permit tomorrow, then surely that means the deal will fall through as all the paperwork has to be submitted by 23:00 tonight?

Gerard Houllier insists Ashley Young will not leave Aston Villa for Liverpool.

I feel utterly robbed by Chelsea today...
How can you be such idiots as to let Ricardo Carvalho leave for peanuts, and then manage to get David Luiz for the same freaking peanuts?
Heartbroken... :'(
Robbed by Chelsea??:O22mil and Matic is peanut for you??:OYou brought him for 1mil so that is peanut!What should I say,my club sold Vidic for 4 mil!?

Liverpool made an enquiry for Micah Richards. Fu** you Liverpool...he is too good for you :D
Liverpool is bidding everything..from now on, City cannot be blamed for spending anymore :D

Last edited:
Robbed by Chelsea??:O22mil and Matic is peanut for you??:OYou brought him for 1mil so that is peanut!What should I say,my club sold Vidic for 4 mil!?

£18M and Matic. Considering the deal fell through originally because they wouldn't meet the £25M asking price, Benfica have been well and truly robbed.

Back