Capital One Cup Final

View attachment 431452
View attachment 431451
View attachment 431450
This was an unmitigated disaster. What a woeful preformance and an utterly devastating result.
Anything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong. Coutinhio missed a penalty, we couldn't get any shots on target, passes wouldn't find their man while everything Chelsea touched seemed to turn to gold. Lost two
men to injuries and had to finish with ten men as I'd already made my three subs when Johnson pulled up in the
75th minute.

Not sure how to feel here: 2nd cup final, 2nd runners-up medal. I should be proud of the lads for reaching this far, my aim included a cup final appearance but it stings to come so close, twice, only to fall down to yet another 1-0 score line.

So I'm freeing pretty low about the Capital One Cup final loss,
and this happens . . . . .

View attachment 431418
My rival, against Real Madrid, manages to overturn a
3-1 Deficit
and scores 4 to go through to the Quarter-Final. I swear, sometimes I think this game is just messing with me.

Last edited:
My rival, against Real Madrid, manages to overturn a 3-0 deficit and scores 4 to go through to the Quarter-Final.

3-1 Deficit, if not Madrid would have been through.

Loving your story, hope the team starts doing better and achieving some trophies soon!

3-1 Deficit, if not Madrid would have been through.

Loving your story, hope the team starts doing better and achieving some trophies soon!

I'm a Liverpool fan, meaning I can be forgiven for ignoring Everton's Away goal :p

Aye, the youngsters are killing me since consistancy is hard to sustain but I hate spending 80M+ a season (over x-amount-of-months) like the regular players do to sure up their squads immediately before chasing Regens. I've been approaching this like a real manager, favoring the players at my disposal and only bringing in people who I feel I can 1) afford and 2) can influence the squad straight away.

The over all aim for the save is to use the youth academe to produce my future players.

Speaking of youth players, I'm in March and you all know what that means. Youth intake day! :)

I am really enjoying this story I am a Liverpool fan and feel this story is as close to real life as is possible in FM and not the crazy stories of global domination. Keep plugging away mate.

Seems you have some inconsistency problems!

Aye, I mentioned them above. Suarez's moral plummeted since we had a disagreement over how badly he played (Fined him and he didn't feel he deserved the fine) and we all know how hard it is to get form out of a lad with "abysmal" moral. I've felt the lads have been playing well often enough but consistency for me is the mark of world class players. I've the youngest squad in the premiership with a lot of young talent being brought into the first team: I'm expecting rough patches from time to time.

I am really enjoying this story I am a Liverpool fan and feel this story is as close to real life as is possible in FM and not the crazy stories of global domination. Keep plugging away mate.

Sound man. I'm a 'pool fan myself so that motivates me to play this save like how I think the game would be played in real-life. Ie, no 25+ transfers-in per window :p

Youth Intake

View attachment 431037
Youth intake came in, evaluated the youngsters and singed 9 kids to the club.

Two kids stood out, both local lads, being born in Liverpool.
I think they have a great future at the club and they remind me of two recent Legends.

The next Jamie Carragher
View attachment 431035
Team Work, Work Rate, Determination & Natural Fitness of 16+
This kid reminds me so much of Carragher.

The next Steven Gerrard
View attachment 430728
This kid is an all rounder. With decent Work Rate, Team Work, Excellent Natural Fitness and Stamina,
Heading and Technique of 13 and 14 respectively with Marking and Passing of 10. The complete footballer
could be a label giving to this kid in a few years.

View attachment 431033
This kid reminds me of Luis Suarez and I'll be using him to tutor the young Brazilian.

View attachment 431032
Going to wait to see him develop but he's got some solid starting stats

View attachment 431031
Nothing special but looks like he could one day be a solid Premier Center Back.

View attachment 431030
Great Reflexes and Determination. I'll be keen to see how he develops

View attachment 431029
Determination, teamwork and work rate earned him a contract. Don't think he'll ever challenge for a
1st team place though.

View attachment 431028
Great Determination! His positioning and Physical Stats earned him a contract. Will be seeing how he develops.

View attachment 431027
5'1" :p I'll be retraining him to LW since he's too short to operate at LB in my eyes.
Still, Good Stamina and Determination meas he could develop pretty well.

Last edited:
April: The penultimate month

View attachment 430998View attachment 430997

View attachment 430996
View attachment 430995

View attachment 430994
View attachment 430991

View attachment 430990
View attachment 430987

View attachment 430986
View attachment 430984

View attachment 430983
View attachment 430982

View attachment 430981
View attachment 430980

View attachment 430979
View attachment 430978

League Table
View attachment 430976
An exciting race to the Finnish. 3pts behind Chelsea, 2pts behind Spurs and we've all played the
same number of games. It's anyone's race as of yet. Though I have the Trump Card of being int eh Champions League Semi-final. 180 mins from securing Champions League football regardless of my League position. Either way, I'll be going flat out to get 9pts form my last 3 games.

Champions League
View attachment 430974View attachment 430973

90 minutes from Glory!

View attachment 430940
View attachment 430938
View attachment 430939
It's been one of those seasons. Tears were shed and celebrations were many, a wild League ride culminating in a frantic race for 4th place. The Carling Cup run was exciting and a shame to leave only with a Silver medal but now I find myself on the doorstep of Europe's Greatest Prize:

The UEFA Champions League Final

Mate you have the screenshot of same kid "Elliot ball" as next Jamie and Steve.