I'm guessing you're playing a high pressing game to emulate Klopp?

Really enjoying the story and the success your having! Keep it up - the layout by the way is fantastic

You're doing a great job at Liverpool. Looking forward to your new update!

Wow! Can i just say ive just been reading through this story for the past day it has been a pleasure to read through your attention to detail and the layout is simply superb! Im sure everyone reading agrees we really appreciate the effort and time you put into this. Can't praise it enough really enjoying it :D

Appreciate all the kind words. Makes all the effort worthwhile. I am playing a high press game and it's working really well

cityawayefl.png

Liverpool produced a fine defensive display at the City of Manchester stadium, beating Man City 2-0 in the EFL Cup quarter finals.

[video=youtube;RcwV5hrgNCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcwV5hrgNCw[/video]

Lineups.jpg

Man City: Caballero, Sagna, Stones (Adarabioyo 77), Otamendi, Clichy, Camacho, Fernando, Delph (Diaz 61), Sterling, Sane, Iheanacho (Ambrose 72).
Subs Not Used: Gunn, Dilrosun, Kigbu, Nmecha.

Liverpool: Donnarumma, Clyne, Matip, Ginter, Moreno, Henderson, Can (Milner 85), Lallana, Wijnaldum (Sturridge 60), Coutinho, Firmino.
Subs Not Used: Karius, Willems, Hughes, Sakho, Origi.

Booked: Moreno.

Goals: Henderson (31), Matip (90).

Match_Stats_Bar_2.jpg

Referee: A Fearn
Stadium: City of Manchester Stadium
Attendance: 55,097 (2,754 away)
Possession: Man City 44% - 56% Liverpool
Shots: Man City 14 - 8 Liverpool
On Target: Man City 5 - 5 Liverpool
Fouls: Man City 14 - 14 Liverpool

Last edited:
kloppdelighted.png

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was delighted with his team's defensive display as they knocked Man City out of the EFL Cup with a 2-0 win.

Despite being on the back foot for the majority of the game, Jordan Henderson and Joel Matip gave Liverpool a 2-0 win at Manchester City to knock the home side out of the EFL cup. In total, Man City had 14 shots compared to 8 from the away side. The two sides were level in terms of shots on target though, with 5 each.

"It was a great defensive performance," Klopp told Sky Sports after the game.

"Manchester City put us on the back foot for a lot of the game but we absorbed their pressure and scored twice when we got our chance. It was a show of professionalism from the lads and they executed our plans fantastically well. With a lot of Premier League teams already out of the cup, we have a great chance of winning some silverware this season."

award.png

Jurgen Klopp has won the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month award for the second month in a row, after winning the award for November.

Under Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool find themselves top of the Barclays Premier League table by quite some distance, even at this early stage. In November, Klopp led his side to three wins out of three games, only conceding twice in three games. The month saw Liverpool win away at Sunderland and West Ham and at home to Leicester.

Klopp said:

"It's great to be awarded with yet another Manager of the month award. It shows that I'm doing something right and noone can argue that we had a great November. We won three out of our three games against what can't be described as easy opposition, which is very pleasing but I'll dedicate this award to my players because in reality, they're the ones who won the matches. They are the real winners of the award to be honest."

"I only stood on the touchline and shouted at the top of my lungs. We're all now looking forward to our next Premier League game, especially with it being infront of the fans at Anfield."

bournemouthhome.png

German midfielder Emre Can scored a rare Liverpool goal, as Liverpool beat Bournemouth by three goals to one at Anfield.

[youtube=oToCZxR-Lq0]

Lineups.jpg

Liverpool: Donnarumma, Clyne, Ginter (Matip 69), Lovren, Willems, Can (Hughes 69), Henderson, Wijnaldum (Milner 57), Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana.
Subs Not Used: Karius, Sturridge, Sakho, Origi.

Booked: Ginter, Lovren, Willems.

Bournemouth: Federici, Francis, Wilson, Cook, Ake, Gradel, Arter, Surman (Hyndman 69), Pugh, Wilson, Afobe (Cook 72).
Subs Not Used: Boruc, O'Brien, Ibe, Henriquez, Grigore.

Booked: Camacho, Clichy.

Match_Stats_Bar_2.jpg

Referee: S Attwell
Stadium: Anfield
Attendance: 54,074 (3,000 away)
Possession: Liverpool 62% - 38% Bournemouth
Shots: Liverpool 33 - 5 Bournemouth
On Target: Liverpool 16 - 2 Bournemouth
Fouls: Liverpool 10 - 14 Bournemouth

hullaway.png

Adam Lallana and Jordan Henderson scored the goals, as Liverpool beat Hull by two goals to nil at the KC Stadium.

[youtube=HhPW2XlNQ1g]

Lineups.jpg

Hull: Marshall, Odubajo, Davies, Maguire (Bruce 73), Robertson, Huddlestone, Elmohamady, Livermore (Henriksen 67), Mason, Snodgrass, Berbatov (Hernandez 58).
Subs Not Used: McGregor, Reine-Adelaide, Tymon, Clucas.

Liverpool: Donnarumma, Clyne, Matip, Ginter (Sakho 73), Willems, Can (Hughes 67), Henderson, Wijnaldum (Milner 62), Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana.
Subs Not Used: Karius, Mane, Sturridge, Origi.

Booked: Henderson, Milner.

Match_Stats_Bar_2.jpg

Referee: C Pawson
Stadium: KC Stadium
Attendance: 25,586 (2,558 away)
Possession: Hull 44% - 56% Liverpool
Shots: Hull 6 - 26 Liverpool
On Target: Hull 1 - 15 Liverpool
Fouls: Hull 13 - 17 Liverpool

kloppform.png

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has spoken of his delight with his team's current form, Liverpool still unbeaten this season for far.

The men from Merseyside have won 13 of their first 15 Premier League games so this season, drawing the other two games and all signs point to a possible end to the title drought, which has been going since 1990. Liverpool's latest win came away at Hull City, with England internationals Adam Lallana and Jordan Henderson finding the net in a 2-0 victory.

Klopp quick to refute any suggestion that his side were favourites for the title in an interview after the 2-0 win.

"We're taking it one game at a time," said the German.

"We are only in December and there is still a long way to go in the season. Our aim is to just keep putting in good performances and picking up points. Talk of the title is banned from the changing room as it may make us over confident. That was our problem in 2014 and we all know what happened then. We want to end this title drought."

westbromaway.png

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson was once again on target, as Liverpool beat West Brom by one goal to nil at The Hawthorns.

[youtube=RFima5kwSpc]

Lineups.jpg

West Brom: Foster, Nyom (Olsson 67), Dawson, Evans, Insua, Yacob, Berahino (Phillips 46), Morrison, Brunt, Chadli (McClean 63), Rondon.
Subs Not Used: Myhill, Mariano, McAuley, Leko.

Booked: Yacob.

Liverpool: Donnarumma, Clyne, Ginter, Lovren, Moreno, Can (Milner 86), Henderson, Wijnaldum, Firmino (Hughes 90), Coutinho, Woodburn (Origi 75).
Subs Not Used: Karius, Matip, Sturridge, Willems.

Booked: Clyne.

Match_Stats_Bar_2.jpg

Referee: M Dean
Stadium: The Hawthorns
Attendance: 27,644 (2,644 away)
Possession: West Brom 35% - 65% Liverpool
Shots: West Brom 10 - 15 Liverpool
On Target: West Brom 4 - 6 Liverpool
Fouls: West Brom 15 - 14 Liverpool

struudigemove.png

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly preparing a £30 million move for Liverpool and England international striker Daniel Sturridge.

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge could become Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino's first January signing as he looks to prepare his team for their Champions League 1st round knockout tie with Atletico Madrid. According to reports, Liverpool would want atleast £35 million for the player and it's believed the Merseyside club want to retain the player, however they won't stand in his way should he wish to leave Anfield for White Hart Lane.

A source close to the player said should a club like Tottenham Hotspur bid it would be hard for the England international to resist.

"It's not about the money for Daniel, it's about the prospect of European football," said the source.

"When a club like Tottenham come in for you then it's a difficult one to turn down. Daniel has made no secret of his desire to play Champions League football. Daniel is very happy at Liverpool and he's obviously extremely grateful for the support they've shown him during his career, especially though his injuries but Tottenham would be hard to turn down," added the source.

Why cant you lose maybe a game, so we dont think your cheating?
Its great the presentation, Amazing!, but why do you want to do like the invincibles when that is not going to happen again!
Try and show more of one big game and let us analyse your management skill then maybe more than one game so we can be sure your playing properly! I think Sports Interactive would be disappointed you havent yet lost a game? Thats what the game is for most of us like its very realistic and very difficult to not lose.
Anyway thats just my thoughts. Great goals your getting though with the highlights.
So heres hoping for your first loss!

^ erm...what?

Great work on this story mate, one of my favourites in terms of presentation. Being a Liverpool supporter helps too of course.

Interestingly, I didnt know you supported Liverpool Godfish, so the comments are unbiased.
Just have a look at my post for the Burnley thread, Its not as great in presentation, but he's already had a loss like it's
believable.

I don't think I've ever seen someone comment wanting me to lose before! :O I'm just playing the game normally and the tactic I'm using is working well luckily for me. It's easy to win if you base your tactic around your players you have. Coutinho and Firmino have been superb for me. I'm pretty sure that I won't go the whole season unbeaten though