Liverpool players back me, claims Hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed. to be honest i would pretty much write this season off, even if you get a top manager and the players in jan you want you're still gonna be playing catch up. providing you get the mentioned in the summer, you still face a hugh fight, having said that, i dont see why you would be disadvantaged against the other runners

Yeah this season doesnt have much hope. In Jan we won't be given much money as they stated before takeover so the summer is where its at for us.

Players letting down poor the owl, they can't adapt from mediocre rafa to god like roy
WOY OUT.

NESV said they were going to listen to the fans when they took over,
well boys, you need to start listening now, sack him, before it's too late.

Apparently, the board are very annoyed at his outburst yesterday at the fans, and are becoming increasingly frustrated at results etc.

Yes but presently, he would struggle to get in anywhere, even Arsenal when Vermaelen is fit. I do quite like Agger but I think Rafa has stunted his growth as a player by using that meathead Skrtel ahead of him.

You mean Roy? Rafa played Agger 90% of the time when he was fit.

If Rafa comes back then Liverpool defo going backwards not forwards so no change there then :)

Rafa > Roy, by a long way mate.

Their main fear being that having no one at the helm for the crucial upcoming games could be even more damaging than sticking with Hodgson.

Probably not.

Rafa > Roy, by a long way mate.
True, but he got sacked because he was a pile of **** so why would we want him back? He made this pathetic team hodgeson inherited btw. Not sure why l'pool fans still backed him while he was here, and have no idea why ANYONE would rate that waiter after seeing what he's done at inter. A treble winning team is now 7th, something like 10 points off the pace? What a joke.

Doesn't matter what Mr.Hodgson believes to be true or not. The board have been briefing journos all day that Mr.Hodgson's time is now at an end and the search for his successor has actively begun.

Whether he'll walk or not is up in the air, but it's pretty evident that patience with him and Mike Kelly is now at an end.

True, but he got sacked because he was a pile of **** so why would we want him back? He made this pathetic team hodgeson inherited btw. Not sure why l'pool fans still backed him while he was here, and have no idea why ANYONE would rate that waiter after seeing what he's done at inter. A treble winning team is now 7th, something like 10 points off the pace? What a joke.

He IMPROVED Liverpool. Would you take the 2005 team over this one? I mean sure, people like Xabi and Riise have gone, but Rafa brought in Torres, Agger, Reina and so on. More to the point, at least Rafa won something with the "pathetic team": even more to the point, he won the Champions League with it.

signed and hope to make difference.

the signings have been shocking and roy does look out of his depth (as stated in prev post) but lfc needs a man who aint afraid to attack and use the players where they should be.
also the whole team to the backroom staff needs fixing asap

YNWA

It's going to be really intresting game tomorrow. Liverpool - Bolton... and when Bolton is on good form it really can be the last nail in roys coffin. (if the owners are smart enough).

Edit: ewww, its actually today heh :S

He IMPROVED Liverpool. Would you take the 2005 team over this one? I mean sure, people like Xabi and Riise have gone, but Rafa brought in Torres, Agger, Reina and so on.
Over this current one? Probably, yes. The only real improvements over houllier's side are torres and reina, considering gerrard was already there. He brought in players like xabi and masch, but then also foolishly let them go - xabi down to his own fallings out with the player.

More to the point, at least Rafa won something with the "pathetic team": even more to the point, he won the Champions League with it.
I liked to think it was tactical genius that he won it. But how can it be? His tactics since have been disgraceful. Taking off torres when we're losing, claiming he was injured (which for anyone with eyes who can see torres' reaction, know its a lie). Rotating our best players in the league when they're fit enough to start cost us a stupid amount of points, and probably even the title 2 seasons ago.

Hodgeson almost did a similar feat with fulham, taking them to the europa final. Tactical genius too? Well it's clear to see right now, he doesn't have ANY tactics whatsoever. There's no pass and move football he promised to bring, and there's not even route 1 bolton football.

roy has bought himself a couple more games it seems

hows petition getting on? numbers?

Over this current one? Probably, yes. The only real improvements over houllier's side are torres and reina, considering gerrard was already there. He brought in players like xabi and masch, but then also foolishly let them go - xabi down to his own fallings out with the player.

So he bought a truly world class goalkeeper and striker pairing, and got the best out of Gerrard. My point stands that when he left Liverpool, he left it in a state that was far superior to the one he found it in.

I liked to think it was tactical genius that he won it. But how can it be? His tactics since have been disgraceful. Taking off torres when we're losing, claiming he was injured (which for anyone with eyes who can see torres' reaction, know its a lie). Rotating our best players in the league when they're fit enough to start cost us a stupid amount of points, and probably even the title 2 seasons ago.
Not just tactical nous, but also one **** of a motivational job. No amount of tactics can single-handedly bring an inferior team level from 3-0 down in a Champions League final. I'm not going to defend his bizarre methods with Torres (unless someone with better knowledge than I can shed some light on it) but squad rotation? How can you possibly criticise squad rotation? You'd rather he started the same squad every game, so that they got burned out halfway through the season?

One good example of squad rotation is United, who do it to such an extend their team is hardly ever unchanged. They're consistent challengers every year. An example of what lack of squad rotation can do is Villa for the past three years. Come Christmas, we were knocking around in the top 4, before going on devastatingly bad runs as our first teamers fell apart under the strain of an entire season of Prem football.

Hodgeson almost did a similar feat with fulham, taking them to the europa final. Tactical genius too? Well it's clear to see right now, he doesn't have ANY tactics whatsoever. There's no pass and move football he promised to bring, and there's not even route 1 bolton football.
Before I start, I'd just like to remind you that "route one bolton football" probably isn't an acceptable term now that they're playing nicer football than most of the top 10.

What you said is rubbish, pure and undiluted. Hodgson's tactics were primitive, but they brought the best out of a team like Fulham. Strict defensive training coupled with the innovative use of Murphy as a deep-lying playmaker and the new tactical trend of inverted wingers brought the best out of both defence and midfield, with Gera playing off a rejuvenated (by Hodgson, remember) Bobby Zamora up front. This allowed them to play simple but undeniably effective football. Yes, you could claim it was route one, but there is no doubt that it was effective use of the resources he had available, combining the brawn of players like Zamora and Hangeland with the guile of players like Murphy, Duff, Gera and Dempsey.

It's pretty obvious, however, that Hodgson's strength isn't tactics. He's not a Sacchi or a Spalletti. He's a manager who focuses meticulously on solid defence and not losing. Unfortunately, this just isn't the right style for 'Pool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.