Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 498
  • Views Views 22K
Although seriously now guys do you honestly believe for one second that weve bid 35 ******* million quid for Carroll?
Weve spent weeks negotiating with blackpool over incresing our bid to 7-8 million, and spent 2 weeks to shell out 22 mill on luis suarez. Does it really make sense that in one day wed offer 35 million on Caroll?? of course not

This may just be one huge smokescreen and Comolli is in Europe now thrashing something out as we speak.

Aquilani?

why not, if Liverpool are bent on selling Torres, they have 50m to play around with and thats what they are doing right now, panic buying

KeiBling would be a good signing for Liverpool, don't really think Carroll will fit into Liverpool's system, unless they play Torres with him, but he's off to Chelsea :S

Carroll is out for 3 weeks with a thigh injury and im sure the liverpool club doctors would see that this is a short term injury and would not stop them from signing him if it got that far!

1652: Wow. A twist in the Andy Carroll saga - and it's a biggie - despite reports earlier that Newcastle had accepted a Liverpool bid for the 22-year-old striker (see 1513), it seems they actually rejected the Reds' second offer too. Just SIX HOURS of the transfer window left for the two clubs to work that one out - and how much does it rely on Fernando Torres completing his move to Chelsea too. We will find out, soon enough...

Thank God if this is true, £35m is waaaay too much to be spending on him!!!

Although seriously now guys do you honestly believe for one second that weve bid 35 ******* million quid for Carroll?
Weve spent weeks negotiating with blackpool over incresing our bid to 7-8 million, and spent 2 weeks to shell out 22 mill on luis suarez. Does it really make sense that in one day wed offer 35 million on Caroll?? of course not

This may just be one huge smokescreen and Comolli is in Europe now thrashing something out as we speak.

Aquilani?

I hope you're right, because this whole saga has made me think the Premiership has gone mad. But how does that help Liverpool? The whole Carroll thing just makes them look desperate and willing to pay a ridiculous amount for a striker. Anyone they pursue now will cost much more because of this.

It looks like no deals will happen since Carroll not coming means Torres stays. So, which club is stupider...Newcastle for not accepting a 35 million bid for Carroll, or Liverpool for not accepting a 50 million bid for Torres? I'm going to go with Newcastle.

1652: Wow. A twist in the Andy Carroll saga - and it's a biggie - despite reports earlier that Newcastle had accepted a Liverpool bid for the 22-year-old striker (see 1513), it seems they actually rejected the Reds' second offer too. Just SIX HOURS of the transfer window left for the two clubs to work that one out - and how much does it rely on Fernando Torres completing his move to Chelsea too. We will find out, soon enough...

They'll accept me thinks. They're buying time to get a replacement in. Crouch on loan is one option being explored.

agreed. I would spend £15M tops on him but I guess his price is extremely saturated due to the factors that Alex posted above

6 hours to get Torres' medical, personal terms etc done? i doubt it, looks like your Suarez and Torres partnership could be on.

Every single human involved in the Carroll to Liverpool transfer is an idiot; whoever it was who offered £35 million, whoever it was who turned it down, and Andy Carroll.
from guardian blog. really does sum it up tbh

so torres definetly on his way ?:'(
I hope talks break down or something then just sell him in summer

would not pay 35million for carroll either

1704: Yep, the BBC has just had confirmation that Newcastle did reject Liverpool's second bid of £35m for Andy Carroll. BUT we understand that will not be the end of the matter... If and when a third bid is made, we will let you know. Carroll is apparently keen on the move, remember.

Don't make a third bid FSG, it was looking so sensible until this...

Just heard Carroll is considering putting in a transfer Request , only a rumour but is believed he wants to move , and the apparent rejection for the latest bid is that newcastle aer trying to get tottenham to bid aswell!

And as good a combo as Suarez and Carroll would be, I would bare my *** to a fully packed Kop if we sign Llorente today.

Just heard Carroll is considering putting in a transfer Request , only a rumour but is believed he wants to move , and the apparent rejection for the latest bid is that newcastle aer trying to get tottenham to bid aswell!

It seems Tottenham are slightly less mad than us.

TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett
Carroll flying to Merseyside on private jet that was sent to the North East to collect him by LFC. Deal very much on.

Its not about money

deal will be done tonight

Fee will be not exactly accurate

Back in 15 when I get back from work.

Comolli said that they want young english talent. Caroll fits the bill. But...you have a point. Why would someone honestly spalsh 35m pounds on Andy Caroll? I have my doubts for this deal too.

And the Adam deal...they dont rate him enough to offer 10m?

Last edited:
Back