Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 498
  • Views Views 22K
this isnt a panic buy

Andy Carroll is English and the price of english players is always inflated , look at darren bent ,

Carroll is young, has alreayd been in the England team and offers liverpool a different attacking outlet to what they are used to , and can play with the ball at feet aswell! he has proven himself this season scoring against chelsea,arsenal,liverpool and a good few more

im not disputing the price is inflated but whether they done this deal in the summer the price was going to be around about the same!

Don't kid yourself. Panic is an understatement. ;)

Beyond belief as it's just so ridiculous, could of got Llorente, Heskey, Negredo, Forlan, Cahill!
£38m is a joke imo.

Llorente - Will join Real, of that, I have no doubt.
Heskey - I assume you're joking?
Negredo - Same price as Carroll, at least Carroll is used to English football.
Forlan - Doesn't fit profile. And flopped last time he came to England.
Cahill - Errr you're kidding?!

Really don't know why some 'Pool fans are ******** and moaning. I'm happy with this.

As I said, Torres has had a face like a slapped **** all season and he has left us in this mate. Good ******* riddance.

David Villa - World Cup winner, Champions League experience (£34million)

Andy Carroll - Still unproven, with 1 England cap (£35million)

Discuss.

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter: "David Villa cost £34m... an integral member of successful Spain team and played regular Champions League... UK market is crazy right now!"

this isnt a panic buy

Andy Carroll is English and the price of english players is always inflated , look at darren bent ,

Carroll is young, has alreayd been in the England team and offers liverpool a different attacking outlet to what they are used to , and can play with the ball at feet aswell! he has proven himself this season scoring against chelsea,arsenal,liverpool and a good few more

im not disputing the price is inflated but whether they done this deal in the summer the price was going to be around about the same!
this is a panic buy of epic proportions

David Villa - World Cup winner, Champions League experience (£34million)

Andy Carroll - Still unproven, with 1 England cap (£35million)

Andy Carroll = English, and therefore has an iflated price. Also, young.

David Villa = Currently at the best team in the world.

No comparison.

If they buy Caroll now...this surely means the end of Torres? I dont think those 3 could play together.

You'd be right - Carroll & torres both play in the middle. If Suarez plays wide it would be a very lob-sided front 3. None of them will be content warming the bench. Torres is a gonner.

If spending all this money on Carroll means Torres turns around and commits himself to a long term contract with Liverpool it would be worth it.

Back