Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 498
  • Views Views 22K
1758: More good news for Liverpool fans? Looks that way, but Blackpool supporters might not be so happy. BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan has just tweeted: "Charlie Adam on way to Liverpool too." More details on that when I get them...

Not that bad for Pool fans after all I guess.

Since when is a tweet a reliable news source ?

Mind you, after today's crazyness nothing would surprise me. Exciting ? Certainly - but clearly certain people at LFC have lost it.

Actually you know what, I don't care what anyone else says. I don't care what we've paid for Carroll, the lad has just handed in a transfer request at his boyhood club to come and play for Liverpool FC, give me that over any player who doesn't wanna be here any day. And now we have owners that will spend money to make this club great again, happy days. The King as manager.

It's ******* great to be a fan of this club again......YNWA

Unfortunately, i just don't see this happening :'(

With this signing of Caroll...it's clear that Torres will leave. How could Torres-Suarez-Caroll play together? Both Torres and Caroll play in the centre...and i can't see neither being benched or moved to the wing.

It's time for Liverpool fans to wish Torres luck and move forward....

And btw...people call Manchester City crazy? Not anymore...:D

Actually you know what, I don't care what anyone else says. I don't care what we've paid for Carroll, the lad has just handed in a transfer request at his boyhood club to come and play for Liverpool FC, give me that over any player who doesn't wanna be here any day. And now we have owners that will spend money to make this club great again, happy days. The King as manager.

It's ******* great to be a fan of this club again......YNWA

Well, that's pretty much the same attitude a Chelsea fan would have over the Torres signing :P Kind of cheap, imo.

Last edited:
With this signing of Caroll...it's clear that Torres will leave. How could Torres-Suarez-Caroll play together? Both Torres and Caroll play in the centre...and i can't see neither being benched or moved to the wing.

It's time for Liverpool fans to wish Torres luck and move forward....

And btw...people call Manchester City crazy? Not anymore...:D

Sheikh City ARE still crazy.....but now there's two inmates in the assuylum.

Good signing if he comes. No point having a ****** off Torres when you could have a committed Carroll.

Will be interesting to see what Newcastle do now, and if they'll actually get someone else..

Why is everyone ******** and moaning about this when Redknapp is posied to bid £30m for Rossi?!

Weird to bid for Carroll and then lose out on him so go for Rossi

Chalk and Cheese in terms of styles of play - Twitchy Face just playing fantasy football really

Dont think he has any tactical knowledge watsoever. sees a player and thinks yeh hes good lets buy him.

Why is everyone ******** and moaning about this when Redknapp is posied to bid £30m for Rossi?!

Chalk and Cheese in terms of styles of play - Twitchy Face just playing fantasy football really

Dont think he has any tactical knowledge watsoever. sees a player and thinks yeh hes good lets buy him.

At the end of the day..

Rossi >>>>>>> Carroll.

tbf, i get a feeling Levy is panicking more than Twitchy', and that he is desperatley trying to fill the obvious lack of striking ability at spurs. having said that, rossi isn't the type of striker they need, so yes, panic buy it is.

Why would they? Maybe they have some common sense.
Because they made a 30 mill bid a couple of weeks ago. Sure 5 more isnt that much more while they're searching for a stirker.

Off topic: Anyone think Suarez will be Kuyt pt.2
Top goalscorer in Holland turning into a winger?

Back