Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 498
  • Views Views 22K
Let's get this deal done shall we? :)

See ya Carroll. Hello all £2M we should get from this deal...

Although seriously now guys do you honestly believe for one second that weve bid 35 ******* million quid for Carroll?
Weve spent weeks negotiating with blackpool over incresing our bid to 7-8 million, and spent 2 weeks to shell out 22 mill on luis suarez. Does it really make sense that in one day wed offer 35 million on Caroll?? of course not

Ecstatic with proceedings today so far.

Care to explain?

Also, I don't understand the whole "well his price is high because he's English" argument...why does Liverpool have to buy an English striker? This deal makes no sense...they could get someone almost as good for half the price if they would just look around outside of England. If the offer is 38 million plus future clauses, than this is almost a straight trade. In what world does Carroll+10 million=Torres?

Just bare in mind, this time last year instead of spending £35m on Andy Carroll we were spending £35m on debt interest payments. I know which I'd rather.

I tend not to like goal celebrations where the player points to his name on the back of the shirt. I'll make an exception for CARROLL - 9 on Sunday, when he does it in Torres' face after scoring the winner.

I tend not to like goal celebrations where the player points to his name on the back of the shirt. I'll make an exception for CARROLL - 9 on Sunday, when he does it in Torres' face after scoring the winner.
Isn't he injured?

"Liverpool Football Club tonight confirmed they have agreed a fee with Chelsea for the sale of Fernando Torres.
The player has now been given permission to speak to the London club."

From the official website. Good riddance.

lynseydalglish Lynsey Dalglish
by clairerourke
Why isn't dad answering his phone!?? I need to ask him a wedding question!! Is he busy?

Ahaha loooool

Posted this line-up on the other thread, but thought it could go here too, I think it looks sexy tbh:

Reina
Kelly - Agger - Carragher - Johnson
Lucas
Adam - Meireles
Gerrard
Suarez - Carroll​

Posted this line-up on the other thread, but thought it could go here too, I think it looks sexy tbh:

Reina
Lucas
Adam - Meireles
Gerrard
Suarez - Carroll​
Aurelio for johnson and our poor squad now has a very strong first 11 :)

Reina
Lucas
Adam - Meireles
Gerrard​

Suarez - Carroll​

No width I observe. Would have thought Carroll would thrive on crosses pinged in. Imagine you're a keeper with him coming atcha. Regretably we've no wingers to speak of, so we might be foced to play a narrow formation.

Last edited:
No width I observe. Would have thought Carroll would thrive on crosses pinged in. Imagine you're a keeper with coming atcha. Regretably we've no wingers to speak of, so we might be foced to play a narrow formation.

Nooooo.Suarez LW. Kuyt RW. Simples.

Back