Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 498
  • Views Views 22K
No width I observe. Would have thought Carroll would thrive on crosses pinged in. Imagine you're a keeper with coming atcha. Regretably we've no wingers to speak of, so we might be foced to play a narrow formation.

I think narrow would be good. Liverpool don't really play a crossing game, and we cant change the style to suit one player. There would still be free-kicks for Carroll to get his head on, and we'd have lots of centre mids, so that could accommodate them well.

We've had no width for years, we hardly have any wingers at all. No pace at all.

Dalglish leaves Melwood, suggesting all business done. Hope not :p

Nooooo.Suarez LW. Kuyt RW. Simples.

Kuyt would be difficult to fit in, but I want Suarez up front banging in goals :P Out of curiosity, if Adam was to join, how would you rank Gerrrd, Meireles, Lucas and Adam?? Who wouldn't make the cut?

NESV work in mysterious ways...

Get rid of a player who mentally isn't here anyway, shaft Chelsea for every possible penny, use part of the dosh to pay well over the odds for an up and coming striker that will definitely bring a different element to our game (which we've clearly been lacking), replace the lost pace with the top striker in Netherlands by a mile who has it in abundance, pick up someone who can distribute effectively over long distances both in play and from a dead ball (again something we're clearly lacking), and put the rest of the money away for some wise summer investments in the form of defensive stability, and replacing Carra.

I really can't think of a much better way to get things done. Kun was obviously going to turn down a last minute transfer, and he's not the type of player who can lead the line in this league anyway. Forlan is upwards of 30, which goes against NESV's transfer policy, Vela was only available on loan, and again can't lead the line, Ashley Young we tried for, there was no way Jose was going to let Benzema go, Ibra is a lazy ***** who is also getting old, Fabiano is even lazier...I mean what other options were there???

Waiting untill summer would in all likelihood seen Carrol's price go even higher.

******* genius by NESV.

Kuyt would be difficult to fit in, but I want Suarez up front banging in goals :P Out of curiosity, if Adam was to join, how would you rank Gerrrd, Meireles, Lucas and Adam?? Who wouldn't make the cut?

I'd rotate all four tbh. And suarez plays best as a left winger coming inside.

NESV work in mysterious ways...

Get rid of a player who mentally isn't here anyway, shaft Chelsea for every possible penny, use part of the dosh to pay well over the odds for an up and coming striker that will definitely bring a different element to our game (which we've clearly been lacking), replace the lost pace with the top striker in Netherlands by a mile who has it in abundance, pick up someone who can distribute effectively over long distances both in play and from a dead ball (again something we're clearly lacking), and put the rest of the money away for some wise summer investments in the form of defensive stability, and replacing Carra.

I really can't think of a much better way to get things done. Kun was obviously going to turn down a last minute transfer, and he's not the type of player who can lead the line in this league anyway. Forlan is upwards of 30, which goes against NESV's transfer policy, Vela was only available on loan, and again can't lead the line, Ashley Young we tried for, there was no way Jose was going to let Benzema go, Ibra is a lazy ***** who is also getting old, Fabiano is even lazier...I mean what other options were there???

Waiting untill summer would in all likelihood seen Carrol's price go even higher.

******* genius by NESV.

I'd rotate all four tbh. And suarez plays best as a left winger coming inside.

Sounds a good strategy, but you have to admit that paying £35M for Andy Carroll on the basis of a good half a season in the Premier League is a MASSIVE gamble. Of course it could all pay off, but if it doesn't he'll be the biggest flop in British history (literally, unless Torres flops too).

Sounds a good strategy, but you have to admit that paying £35M for Andy Carroll on the basis of a good half a season in the Premier League is a MASSIVE gamble. Of course it could all pay off, but if it doesn't he'll be the biggest flop in British history (literally, unless Torres flops too).

Couldn't agree more. But if it work, it is seriously going to work big time.

I think with these supposed liverpool signings they will finish 4-5 th in the league and win the Europa League also Carroll isn't cup-tied along with Suarez as he played in UCL and i think you can play in Europa even if you played in UCL already

Couldn't agree more. But if it work, it is seriously going to work big time.

Of course it could swing both ways. Could be a success, could be a giant failure. To be honest, I hope he's a success because without Liverpool in the race everything seems strange. They're a great side, hope they don't fade away like the Nottingham Forest's and Leeds United's etc..

I think with these supposed liverpool signings they will finish 4-5 th in the league and win the Europa League also Carroll isn't cup-tied along with Suarez as he played in UCL and i think you can play in Europa even if you played in UCL already

Of course it could swing both ways. Could be a success, could be a giant failure. To be honest, I hope he's a success because without Liverpool in the race everything seems strange. They're a great side, hope they don't fade away like the Nottingham Forest's and Leeds United's etc..

Wuv you. :wub:

Expect another statement in the coming minutes from #LFC

Ooooooh yes.
Adam's 1/10 to join Liverpool .

LIVERPOOL SIGN SUAREZ
Luis Suarez has today completed his transfer from Ajax to Liverpool FC and signed a 5 and a half-year-deal that will keep him at Anfield until 2016.

The club agreed a fee of up to 26.5million Euros with Ajax for the transfer of the Uruguayan international on Friday.

The deal was subject to the completion of a medical, which the player has now passed.

Luis Suarez will wear the No.7 shirt for Liverpool.

English, he has been capped

Sottish granny or something :S he was asked t play for them but he turned it down

In my holiday game he played for Scotland and got 4th place in the 2018 world cup lol.

On topic, I think Pool will have to change their style, wether they like it or not. If they want to make the most of their new striker (After paying all that money they better do) they should try to play wider, and give kuyt some "individual training" in crossing, to put it in fm terms.

Back