Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

Chin up Dunc,you will get a replacement for cheaper...

Wonder what kinda wages Carroll is getting???

It's hard to get a player of a similar standard when you are in the Championship.

Oh well, I wish him luck at Liverpool and expect him to become an integral part to them and England in the near future. Maybe he will do a Shearer and end up at Newcastle later in his career once he has reached his potential. Although it seems unlikely.

Replacing Torres with the number 9 shirt, £35 million price tag, no pressure.

Replacing Torres with the number 9 shirt, £35 million price tag, no pressure.

Certainly no more pressure than the Newcastle number 9 jersey he has worn following in the steps of Shearer and Milburn.

Pressure that he seemed to thrive on.

Thrives on the pressure. Cant wait to see him in action.

Shame he won't play for a few games. Suarez can though.

Disapointed we didn't get Warnock after so much talk of it, and Koncheskey going out leaves with few defenders.

Shame he won't play for a few games. Suarez can though.

Disapointed we didn't get Warnock after so much talk of it, and Koncheskey going out leaves with few defenders.

He may be ready for the Chelsea game.

Theres a breaking story up here. Carroll has told the press he was forced out by the club, and that he never wanted to leave. Cue a **** load of Ashley bashing match day

Theres a breaking story up here. Carroll has told the press he was forced out by the club, and that he never wanted to leave. Cue a **** load of Ashley bashing match day

If that's true, surely the bid would've stayed at 30M? Matters when this 'developed'. Still, could just be him trying not be hated by Newcastle fans.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

glen_johnson Glen Johnson
by neiljjones
Entertaining Deadline day !!! Pleased to have signed Andy C + Suarez !!!

If that's true, surely the bid would've stayed at 30M? Matters when this 'developed'. Still, could just be him trying not be hated by Newcastle fans.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

glen_johnson Glen Johnson
by neiljjones
Entertaining Deadline day !!! Pleased to have signed Andy C + Suarez !!!

Either way, he'll flourish at Liverpool in my opinion. Hes at a bigger club, with quality players like Gerrard.....can only make him a better player

With Carroll in the side maybe Liverpool will get Hodgson back to play the long ball to him lol.

carroll01_4d474689b6d2d302412837.jpg

Although Im not too impressed with the price tag,I applaud the owners and Comolli to find a replacement very quickly with loads of potential.Very good signing IMO.

******* Judas. Just like Rooney, Campbell, Ashley Cole and co. More interested in the $$$ than the football

******* Judas. Just like Rooney, Campbell, Ashley Cole and co. More interested in the $$$ than the football

I think he'll start most games tbh mate, after all, we wouldn't spend £35 Million on a player just to let him sit on bench.

& you have to admit, he's more likely to further his career with Liverpool (under Dalglish) than at Newcastle.

They nearly tripled his salary though - that's a bit tough to turn down as well being the no1 choice. It's not like he went to man city to rot on the bench.

carrol seems to be an ideal replacement for torrez, excluing the 35m fee. :)

Anyone else think Suarez and Carroll can be a legendary LFC partnership. Keegan + Toshack, Daglish + Rush. Suarez (from what I have seen) is very similar to Dalglish and Carroll is a bit like rush (although he's not as natural, a goalscorer). The little and large think we have up front with a target man, and a second striker who roams, always worked in the past. :)

Both hard working determined winners and looking forward to seeing them start together. Would be amazing to see them hit it off. Carroll just needs to keep his head screwed on an Suarez needs to resist his temptation to bite people.

Last edited:
Anyone else think Suarez and Carroll can be a legendary LFC partnership. Keegan + Toshack, Daglish + Rush. Suarez (from what I have seen) is very similar to Dalglish and Carroll is a bit like rush (although he's not as natural, a goalscorer). The little and large think we have up front with a target man, and a second striker who roams, always worked in the past. :)

I think that Carroll, because of his size, is talked about mostly as a target man. Granted, he is a ******* beast in the air, but also he can shoot from pretty much anywhere, for example his goal against you lot when we won 3-1.

I think that him and Suarez could be absolute rape, if Suarez can settle well and Carroll wins a lot of flick ons, so as long as Suarez make run's off him, I think they will be fairly lethal. I hope so, as I do really like Carroll still, I think it was just a shock that he has left, and if it is true he was forced from the club, I would not be surprised as A. He loves the club and B. Ashley is a bit of a ****.

I think you have a fantastic player on your hands.