Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

Well they've blown the money they got for Torres on only 2 players. Would've made more sense using it on some other players too
i mean, don't they need cover at left back too?

i mean, don't they need cover at left back too?
We can cover aurelio till the end of the season. Kelly, Johnson and Agger have all proved they can play LB decent enough. All better than konchesky anyway.

Torres doesn't determine prices. Fact is english players are ridiculously overpriced, and always have been. Probably always will be. Imo it's bullshit. Everyone moans at wenger for buying foreigners but if you compare the quality and price i'd take a foreign player every time.

However, 3 players for the price (well, sale) of 1? (Adam, Young, Carroll) Helps strengthen our team, i'll take that deal straight away. If we strengthen our depth/defense in the summer we're good to go next season.

No I blame Torres. 3 days before deadline day he hands in a transfer request and leaves us up ***** creek without a paddle. Everyone knows we need a striker to replace him so they hike up their prices and squeeze every last penny out of us.

**** you Fernando, **** you.

No I blame Torres. 3 days before deadline day he hands in a transfer request and leaves us up ***** creek without a paddle. Everyone knows we need a striker to replace him so they hike up their prices and squeeze every last penny out of us.

**** you Fernando, **** you.
Ah I can see what you mean. Yeah it was incredibly selfish of him to leave us with a few days. Though chelsea are just as much to blame. He would only hand in a transfer request if an official bid came in (logically, imagine he wanted out and no-one wanted him, gl playing at anfield), and they bid with 3 days left. ******.

tbh tho hes young hes english hes scoring goals and is 20 mil less than what we're gettin for torres, prices are changin now, you need to spend 20 - 30 mil now to get a decent player and just think of suarez and carroll upfront, tht would be lethal

I wonder if Harry might try and hijack this move maybe a big cash and player offer , if we can get crouch and a lump sum i would take it from a newcastle point of view and harry is still in for a striker , the guy always keeps it quiet and then bang a big deal , like the van der vaart one last window!

TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett
If LFC sign Carroll will be 2nd time in a day they've broken club transfer record. Any other club ever done that?

Surely, us going after carroll, means Torres is on his way out? :/

though, Torres Suarez and Carroll up front sounds awesome :p
If Torres does stay, and we still get Carroll, then it shows we have the money. Not sure he's worth that much, but Kenny knows what he's doing.

Way way way overpirced... but will be very interesting to see carroll and suarez lead the attack for a very different looking liverpool...

Lfc fans with carroll..torres and suarez in your head hah keep dreaming.. we get carroll its to replace torres

Surely, us going after carroll, means Torres is on his way out? :/

though, Torres Suarez and Carroll up front sounds awesome :p
If Torres does stay, and we still get Carroll, then it shows we have the money. Not sure he's worth that much, but Kenny knows what he's doing.

I agree, if Torres stays and Carroll comes that would be a very interesting strike force, no matter how unlikely I might think it to be haha. As they say "Football is a funny old game".

Riena
Johnson - Carragher - Agger - Aurelio[?]
Lucas
Gerrard - Adam/Meireles
Suarez - Carroll - Young/Kuyt​

Pretty happy with that team tbh.

I agree, if Torres stays and Carroll comes that would be a very interesting strike force, no matter how unlikely I might think it to be haha. As they say "Football is a funny old game".

Not so funny right now if you're Alan Pardew lol

Do you guys think its Daglish doing the business or Comolli?

I'd rather make a move for someone like Kießling, probably available for under 30 million and has been great for Leverkusen. He and Suarez would be a great partnership in my opinion:

Reina
Kelly-Carra-Agger-Aurelio/Warnock
Meireles-Adam
Gerrard
Kuyt-Kießling-Suarez​

Get some strength in depth and sort the defence out in the summer.

£35m REALLY?!?

I completetly lol'ed at the 25m bidded by Spurs.. then this happened. Just say your not selling Torres, tell him to man up, and get on with it.