Liverpool v Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter madmonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 168
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madridista CR7 before the game you said that the team Mancini picked looked good enough to win and now you're complaining he picked the wrong team. Make your mind up? Get some optimism as well!

I love Carroll <3! And Alex, what did you say about a City win :P?

I hope so. Am I the only one who has found it abit weird this season seeing Chelsea Utd Arsenal and Spurs in the champions league instead of Liverpool?

No, you are not the only one to have found it weird. I have found it weird because I'm always use to 2 teams from London instead of 3 in the UCL.

This could come back to haunt City, especially with Spurs having a game in hand, and having to play City aswell, aswell as Everton. And we saw what happened last time Stoke played Man City aswell. They've really put the pressure on themselves, and only have themselves to blame.

The redmen are coming back thick and fast.

This could come back to haunt City, especially with Spurs having a game in hand, and having to play City aswell, aswell as Everton. And we saw what happened last time Stoke played Man City aswell. They've really put the pressure on themselves, and only have themselves to blame.

Spurs game in hand is against Arsenal though....

I think whilst this is a very good result for Liverpool and a Bad one for City... People saying this is the beginning of the end, and City are bottling it, is very very silly. They will still get that 4th spot in my Opinion, as much as i would love to see them miss out again.

Mancini not starting with De Jong, Silva and Zab is very strange decisions though.

Balotelli subbed off, how come? Injured?

I think whilst this is a very good result for Liverpool and a Bad one for City... People saying this is the beginning of the end, and City are bottling it, is very very silly. They will still get that 4th spot in my Opinion, as much as i would love to see them miss out again.

Mancini not starting with De Jong, Silva and Zab is very strange decisions though.

They're making it difficult for themselves, though. They'll really struggle with the FFP rules if they miss yet another season of CL football.

Agree it's not beginning of the end. But I suspect the board will replace Mancini now-think it's inevitable. And the line-up, well what can you say lol. Only now does De Jong come on, to replace Balotelli. Ok he's not done much, but come on. At least try to get something from the game, and get some pride.

@Jak16 - apparently Balotelli was holding his back.

Potentially losing both Tevez and Balotelli for the FA cup against Man Utd. Ouch

Potentially losing both Tevez and Balotelli for the FA cup against Man Utd. Ouch

I suspect he was just desperate to get off tbh. Had no impact whatsoever. Can't see him being at City next season imo

They're making it difficult for themselves, though. They'll really struggle with the FFP rules if they miss yet another season of CL football.

Agree it's not beginning of the end. But I suspect the board will replace Mancini now-think it's inevitable. And the line-up, well what can you say lol. Only now does De Jong come on, to replace Balotelli. Ok he's not done much, but come on. At least try to get something from the game, and get some pride.

No doubt on the FFP rules.

Mancini was always going to leave i think, whether it was being sacked or moving back to italy. I think playing 4-4-2 was a silly thing to do, he has basicall given in to the media blasting his style of play, Play 4-4-2 against smaller club, but at Anfield is just stupid, Even United play slightly different in formation against bigger clubs away.

Balotelli was subbed because he was poor, and rightly so. It looks as though Mancini is finally losing patience with him now

Well Done Liverpool. Well deserved. 3-0.

Yep, outstanding performance from Liverpool tonight. Few more quality players in, stabilising the club with Kenny being made permanent manager, then I'd say they'll be set to make a major push for CL football next season. What more does Dalglish have to do to be given the job on a permanent basis?

Amazing game. Kenny set us up perfect tonight an to bring Flanagan in was genius. Cant think of one player who didn't put 100% in tonight made up.

Amazing game. Kenny set us up perfect tonight an to bring Flanagan in was genius. Cant think of one player who didn't put 100% in tonight made up.

lets not go overboard with flanigan, its more to with lack of options, and he was fairly good tonight, mind you he wasnt too tested though

lets not go overboard with flanigan, its more to with lack of options, and he was fairly good tonight, mind you he wasnt too tested though

Looked confident and assured on the ball, although it must really help having Carragher's experience beside him and Kuyt's phenominal work ethic in front. Liverpool's midfield were impressive tonight, but City really were woeful and unimaginative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back