i know what you mean. im doing a season with barcelona as a bit of fun. i have dropped the wingers to wingbacks to see if that helps with defence.

i know what you mean. im doing a season with barcelona as a bit of fun. i have dropped the wingers to wingbacks to see if that helps with defence.
I'll try this too, with some lower league club. What instructions are you gonna set for wingbacks?

Hi Lok1to,

I am having mixed results with v.1
I am playing with Leverkusen and are conceding way to many goals, 27 games played and only 7 cleansheets. 41 goals scored agains and if it was not for Leno even more goals.

When playing higher teams I get humiliated.

I use same training and have set the OI like you, I also use team talks but it is just not working for me, what am I doing wrong?

Hi m8. How is your team morale ? Are you creating chances and scoring ? How are you conceding goals ? There are a lot of things that can make it more difficult to work, sometimes it happens and some changes might be needed. Have you tried the v2 ?

so i have finished season number 5, been playing as man united and won everything available. this is the first season where i moved the BPD to a TREQ. and the numbers have been astounding. i know i have neymar and messi upfront so i know i will get the " try it with a lower ranked team nonsense" but this has been about goals!
im tempted to do a season with barcelona just to see how many goals i can squeeze out of messi with a better team around him!
anyway a few screen shots.

ULMGeMj.png

EsOXL9L.png

eqXprJK.png

Xs0JX3R.png

vOyBkvA.png

goals scored in all competions

WDBiexl.png

im wondering lok1to and all you others if you could experiment on making it more solid?

What do you mean more solid bro? Defensive ?

Yeah if only it was possible to achieve!. currently having fun with a barcalona save!

Yeah if only it was possible to achieve!. currently having fun with a barcalona save!

It´s possible to achieve, but when i started playing with this tactic my objective was to win and score goals. Don´t forget that you are playing with 3 defenders and 2 strikers, a very high defensive line and attacking AP´s, so this is very offensive. :D
Everyone who want´s to play a more defensive style, just drop the D-LINE and give more defensive instructions.

no im playing with 2 defenders and 3 strikers!

Even worse bro ! Hehe :p
If you have so many players attacking, it´s obvious that you will score lots of goals, but is also obvious that you will conced too ! :) :D

i know but their must be a way to keep the conceding to a minimum?
have changed the half back to a BWM and wingers to wingback.

Hi m8. How is your team morale ? Are you creating chances and scoring ? How are you conceding goals ? There are a lot of things that can make it more difficult to work, sometimes it happens and some changes might be needed. Have you tried the v2 ?

Team morale is good.
In 45 games: 118 goals 837 shots attemps - 379 on target. 2 penalties - 0 scores. Passes 19868/24944 (80%) Tackles 1972/2421 (81%) heading 1462/2378 (61%) Crosses 221/1341 (16%) Mistakes leading to goals 25/1253. Clean Sheets 14/45 (31%) Goal conceded 64/45
I have conceded 16 goals between 46-60 min most is between 46-48 min. when I am in front I always say dont be complaint! but is does not help. It seems as they just play nice and easy behind the defence and scores so easily
I have been training the v2 it is almost full fluid but I have not tested it with full fluid yet

Team morale is good.
In 45 games: 118 goals 837 shots attemps - 379 on target. 2 penalties - 0 scores. Passes 19868/24944 (80%) Tackles 1972/2421 (81%) heading 1462/2378 (61%) Crosses 221/1341 (16%) Mistakes leading to goals 25/1253. Clean Sheets 14/45 (31%) Goal conceded 64/45
I have conceded 16 goals between 46-60 min most is between 46-48 min. when I am in front I always say dont be complaint! but is does not help. It seems as they just play nice and easy behind the defence and scores so easily
I have been training the v2 it is almost full fluid but I have not tested it with full fluid yet

Try to be more defensive i those moments that you conceed ! Drop the D-LINE, change to COUNTER or CONTAIN !

Try to be more defensive i those moments that you conceed ! Drop the D-LINE, change to COUNTER or CONTAIN !

When you say Drop the D-LINE do you mean "Drop Deeper" in instructions?
When you play bigger teams as Bayern, Barca, Chelsea, Real Madrid and so on do you play Counter and Drop Deeper from start?

When you say Drop the D-LINE do you mean "Drop Deeper" in instructions?
When you play bigger teams as Bayern, Barca, Chelsea, Real Madrid and so on do you play Counter and Drop Deeper from start?

Yes, drop deeper or much more deeper.
I never use that, because is an invite to be destroyed by other teams. I always use high or very high d-line. What i usually do is changing the mentality and put the d-line by the strategy default, or CONTAIN with high pressing, always trying to push the opposition. If you go back too much, you wil suffer even more bro. :)

I never use that, because is an invite to be destroyed by other teams. I always use high or very high d-line. What i usually do is changing the mentality and put the d-line by the strategy default, or CONTAIN with high pressing, always trying to push the opposition. If you go back too much, you wil suffer even more bro. :)

Thank you for telling me to go back if I will suffer even more ;)
I will try maybe to take out a striker and adding DM or BBM

Hey Lok1to. I was wondering if you coiuld give me some advice as to how to set my instructions to the wing backs because i have made a counter tactic for going up against big teams and i made the HB a BWM and wingers to wing backs, but so far not much success. I took off much higher d-line too but dont know which instructions would be effective for the wingbacks. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for telling me to go back if I will suffer even more ;)
I will try maybe to take out a striker and adding DM or BBM

Bro i always said that the tactic sometimes doesn´t work in some teams, there are a lot of things that can ruin that. I don´t have a predefined set of changes, i change things dymamically during games and the D-LINE "radical" dropping isn´t a move that i use that often, just that. But it might work for you or be even worse, it depends of the other team type of play..

Hey Lok1to. I was wondering if you coiuld give me some advice as to how to set my instructions to the wing backs because i have made a counter tactic for going up against big teams and i made the HB a BWM and wingers to wing backs, but so far not much success. I took off much higher d-line too but dont know which instructions would be effective for the wingbacks. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hmmm. Keep in mind that the HB is a positional player and the BWM isn´t. So if you take the HB off, u will not have the supportive and positional player in midfield, that covers the WB forward runs, because BWM is always out of position trying to get the ball. Maybe if you take off the F9 or CF, and put him as HB side by side with the BWM, it could work and maybe take more advantage of the WB, giving more depth. That´s a thing to explore. ;)

what do you mean with this ? just leave it empty in team instructions ? here i'm trying to build a 3331 with iwbs acting as secondary playmakers :p peace

I was winning a game 4-0 but when my main ML got injured and my DM was sent off, ended up losing 6-5...

what do you mean with this ? just leave it empty in team instructions ? here i'm trying to build a 3331 with iwbs acting as secondary playmakers :p peace

Yes leaving it from default is no D-LINE instruction in TI. The team will play with the strategy´s default D-LINE. ;)

I was winning a game 4-0 but when my main ML got injured and my DM was sent off, ended up losing 6-5...

Oh that is crazy. FM sometimes can take us to the limit ! :|