720 passes! nice!
Out of topic, but with more and more tactics being uploaded, are you planning to do some testings again? Your tests in the past have been one of the best and detailed I've ever seen, I really miss them :p

Urgh really wish I had the results with this that others did, but unfortunately I am one of the lazy managers who finds adjusting and man managing in game hard so look for that plug and play. But must say on paper some of these results make this look like the most dominating tactic in the game!

Urgh really wish I had the results with this that others did, but unfortunately I am one of the lazy managers who finds adjusting and man managing in game hard so look for that plug and play. But must say on paper some of these results make this look like the most dominating tactic in the game!

Friend, you don´t need to be a supreme "manager", only pay attention to some details during matches and managing the squad.

FORGET THE PLUG & PLAY
(that is bullsh*t **** tbh, ok play with MAN CITY or BAYERN MUNICH, even the most stupid tactic will work.
Try to evolve inside the game, changing things that you feel must be change, you will enjoy much more the game, when you see sometimes your changes made the difference, sometimes nothing works but that´s football :))

TRAINING

Team Cohesion, Ball Control and a lot, really a lot of Def. Positioning
PPM´s, individual positions and roles

MANAGEMENT

Praising + criticizing players and squad
Team Talks + In Game Team Talks ( VERY IMPORTANT)
Team Reunions
Creating a good relationship with the players ( VERY IMPORTANT)

TACTICAL APPROACH (Don´t forget this is a HIGH RISK tactic, that tries to dominate everyone, not a counter tactic that waits for the opposition)

Analising the match
Adapting the tactic to match circumstances (D-line, Tempo, etc)

This are some of the things you could try to do, i assure you that if you pay more attention to this, you will get sucess. ! GL bro :)

I will look into it as of course this tactic has some crazy results, but unfortunately I am an old school player who enjoys the squad building over anything else so I always dream of just playing the games while I build my squad! Days like that are gone though, more in depth analysis into games is needed, need to come to terms with that ha

Well we are almost in the top, the Portuguese First Division, if we achieve this, it wiil be 2 promotions one after the other and playing always like a big club. Look at this possession friends, i repeat, i do not have Xavi, Iniesta or any top player, only kids and some crappy players, yep they are crappy, but im proud of them.
We are also in the Portuguese League Cup Final, we qualified in front of BENFICA, this group makes me proud !

2OBqeR1.png

The incredible run just keeps going, I just took Rangers into the Champions League Quarter-Final. My squad has 16 Scottish players and my top earner is only on 16k a week. High in the scoring charts as you can see is my bargain buy for the last three versions of FM, the excellent Rory Donnelly at False 9 and Dani Abalo who is superb in the Wide Playmaker role on the right. I recommend either to anyone playing as a smaller club or in a lesser league. :)
View attachment 325817View attachment 325815

Out of topic, but with more and more tactics being uploaded, are you planning to do some testings again? Your tests in the past have been one of the best and detailed I've ever seen, I really miss them :p

Thanks bro! I would like to but I first need someone who is good with the editor.

Last edited:
@Lokito

Been trying to play with my own 4-1-4-1 which isn't too dissimilar to yours here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...reating-guardiola-bayern-style-4-1-4-1-a.html

Does it produce the true style of Bayern, short passing, clever interplays etc (with the right players of course).

Could you put some details in the OP of how you adjust the tactic depending on your analysis?

I believe it does produce the real concept of Guardiola style in Bayern tbh.
The shape in the 4-1-4-1 with advanced WB, is the team positioning in the defensive process, but when in the offensive process, they go to a 3-4-3, with the Half Back becoming the 3d CD.
Lots of short passing (lots of times some players pass the 100 passes in a game), normal tempo or higher tempo when is needed, much higher defense, offside trap, a GK functioning like a Libero, compact team with many players in the midfield creating numerical superiority, with the WBACKS giving depth and width, lots of passing options and more chances of winning the second balls.
I have lots of possession with this system and im not playing with a TOP team, just a lower league portuguese team.
Just got promoted and in the first season in a higher league, i have 64% average possession in the league.
Give it a try and see for yourself, then try to adapt to your idea. :)

Having come through a group with Real Madrid, Porto and AC Milan and knocking out Celta Vigo and Atletico Madrid we finally fell in the Champions League Semi-Finals on away goals to Leverkusen. Failed to take our chances away and hit the post 4 times at home :( Still a Scottish Cup Final at the end of the season with a chance to make it three domestic trebles in a row. My team can only get better with experience :)
View attachment 325668

Having come through a group with Real Madrid, Porto and AC Milan and knocking out Celta Vigo and Atletico Madrid we finally fell in the Champions League Semi-Finals on away goals to Leverkusen. Failed to take our chances away and hit the post 4 times at home :( Still a Scottish Cup Final at the end of the season with a chance to make it three domestic trebles in a row. My team can only get better with experience :)
View attachment 713371

Bad luck bro, just bad luck ! Still it was a good season for you. Keep it going. Gl ;)

I believe it does produce the real concept of Guardiola style in Bayern tbh.
The shape in the 4-1-4-1 with advanced WB, is the team positioning in the defensive process, but when in the offensive process, they go to a 3-4-3, with the Half Back becoming the 3d CD.
Lots of short passing (lots of times some players pass the 100 passes in a game), normal tempo or higher tempo when is needed, much higher defense, offside trap, a GK functioning like a Libero, compact team with many players in the midfield creating numerical superiority, with the WBACKS giving depth and width, lots of passing options and more chances of winning the second balls.
I have lots of possession with this system and im not playing with a TOP team, just a lower league portuguese team.
Just got promoted and in the first season in a higher league, i have 64% average possession in the league.
Give it a try and see for yourself, then try to adapt to your idea. :)

Nice,will definitely try it. Can you suggest some preferred attributes for the roles in your system? I imagine high technical ability, passing, decisions, teamwork and work rate, positioning are vital for all players.

This is my result with Man Utd so far...
View attachment 713396View attachment 713398

Very good, keep it going and let me know about that save ! :)

Nice,will definitely try it. Can you suggest some preferred attributes for the roles in your system? I imagine high technical ability, passing, decisions, teamwork and work rate, positioning are vital for all players.

Yes something like that, but i believe that with the right training u can put a average or lower team to play with this tactic. :)

So my second season is over and we are promoted, we are in the Portuguese top league, im proud of my boys, two promotions in a row.

JaXSC6Z.png

IfWTyAJ.png

Our average possession it was very good in my opinion ! :)

KM2cJB6.png

This is my best player m8´s, haha !! :D
WfrjZId.png

Very good, keep it going and let me know about that save ! :)

Yes something like that, but i believe that with the right training u can put a average or lower team to play with this tactic. :)

So my second season is over and we are promoted, we are in the Portuguese top league, im proud of my boys, two promotions in a row.

JaXSC6Z.png

IfWTyAJ.png

Our average possession it was very good in my opinion ! :)

KM2cJB6.png

This is my best player m8´s, haha !! :D
WfrjZId.png

godlike, but I fear for the next patch update when they decide to ruin your domination of the Portuguese league.

View attachment 325613View attachment 325612
Well we tied up that third domestic treble in a row in extra quick time. Throw in a Champions League Semi-Final and it's been a **** of a season.I have been using the original tactic with no OI's after some experimenting I think it's the best. My only tweak is a Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend) instead of a Half Back, it gives a nicer triangle in Midfield and helps cut out long balls through the middle that happen when your Central Defenders are wide with a Half Back. Now to win the World Cup with Scotland. What? I can dream right :p Attached are my top performers at F9 and Left and Right Wide Playmaker.

Last edited:
View attachment 713493View attachment 713494
Well we tied up that third domestic treble in a row in extra quick time. Throw in a Champions League Semi-Final and it's been a **** of a season.I have been using the original tactic with no OI's after some experimenting I think it's the best. My only tweak is a Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend) instead of a Half Back, it gives a nicer triangle in Midfield and helps cut out long balls through the middle that happen when your Central Defenders are wide with a Half Back. Now to win the World Cup with Scotland. What? I can dream right :p Attached are my top performers at F9 and Left and Right Wide Playmaker.

Wow those are some great results. That DLP was a good idea m8 ! ;)

How to improve this tactic offensively? I can never score from open play all goals come from corners and my f9 goes missing in all of my games any suggestions?? Im playing liverpool currently and have tried many different tweaks and norhing seems to work. Thanks