LOKITO - THE GUARDIOLA CONCEPT

• Thread starter Thread starter Lok1to
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 824
  • Views Views 391K
OPENING POST UPDATED WITH NEW VERSION ! I THINK I DON´T NEED TO MAKE MORE TESTING.
JUST TRY TO BE DYNAMIC WHILE PLAYING THE MATCHES ! PEACE AND GGS MY FRIENDS !! :)

Thank you very much for sharing. Looking forward to playing around with these! A quick question;

Is there a reason why the dribble less often PI has been removed from the APR in the tactics?

it seems to me that the main difference between Open and Close is only play wider instead of narrower and the addition of exploit the flanks in TI. The two tactics are very similar to the original with the only real PI changes to the APL and R. Shows how solid the original was in the first place! Of course the addition of OIs and the formation (with the same TIs) for Overload and the 353(lots of tight marking) are big changes!

brillant thanks for these! You're a legend in your own lunchtime!

Thank you very much for sharing. Looking forward to playing around with these! A quick question;

Is there a reason why the dribble less often PI has been removed from the APR in the tactics?

it seems to me that the main difference between Open and Close is only play wider instead of narrower and the addition of exploit the flanks in TI. The two tactics are very similar to the original with the only real PI changes to the APL and R. Shows how solid the original was in the first place! Of course the addition of OIs and the formation (with the same TIs) for Overload and the 353(lots of tight marking) are big changes!

brillant thanks for these! You're a legend in your own lunchtime!

Yeah, the idea was to give more verticality to the system, but maintaining the same concept, possession, that´s my goal. I don´t want a tactic that breaks the ME without logic, i want a tactic that makes logic and respects the ideals of Guardiola, winning , but with lots of possession.

The difference between the OPEN and WIDE is what you said, one exploits the middle and flanks, playing more closed (u could add the play though the middle shout) and the other exploits the flanks, more open trying to break those close defenses, and fight agains narrower formations. I found out that changing between the tactics, confuses the oppositions, even in the OVERLOAD POSSESSION u can use that if u see it isn´t working.

About the OI´s i tested them and believe that the team is more "agressive" without the ball, the 3-4-3 formation was a "special", it worked for me in lots of games and made me won the first Portuguese first division title. It uses more tight marking and its even more "agressive" without the ball. Its just for those games that you feel u should change something and want to test. ;)

Last edited:
unfortunately this tactic doesn't seem to work for me :( is there a specific one for if you're underdog etc? im crystal palace and i lose pretty much every game (im 4th season in and had champions league football)

unfortunately this tactic doesn't seem to work for me :( is there a specific one for if you're underdog etc? im crystal palace and i lose pretty much every game (im 4th season in and had champions league football)

What version are you using ? The new set ?
How is the team morale ? If its low there are no tactics in the world that will work.
How are you conceding goals ?
How many games have you played with tactic, is it fluid ?
Have you made everything i said in the OP ?

Bro it worked for me in a lower team, so it must work for you too, u must be dynamic and see were your team is failing, this is not plug & play m8. :)
No underdog tactic here, this is a possession tactic and the goal is to dominate everyone, of course you are going to lose and draw sometimes, its normal in football and even more normal playing with very high defense like this one. GL ;)

Lok, what are the stats you value most? Passing, vision, decisions, composure and technique?

Everything m8. Mentals also !
Just look at the players roles and see the key attributes for each one.
I always try to have F9 with good composure, finishing, decisions for example, of course with other stats too. ;)

Not working for me, unconvincing results, just lost 5-0 at Liverpool.

(and yes I play dynamically) will post screenshots later

Not working for me, unconvincing results, just lost 5-0 at Liverpool.

(and yes I play dynamically) will post screenshots later

Hmm i´m sorry to hear that, don´t know what is happening m8 !! :(
But its working for me and friends playing with it tbh, do u change between OPEN and CLOSE ?
Have you done everything i said in OP ?

As you can see bro its working great for me ( im in Europa League Final with a team from Portuguese 3d Division), as my players are fully blended with the system !! :)

MSnloW6.png

Last edited:
Hmm i´m sorry to hear that, don´t know what is happening m8 !! :(
But its working for me and friends playing with it tbh, do u change between OPEN and CLOSE ?
Have you done everything i said in OP ?

Wait, I didn't realise It had been updated (ps i was using StewG old tweak) , I was using the old version to be fair. I stopped using your original version because I was getting blocked out.

I'll test the new ClOSE version alongside new StewG new tweaks.

In the new version is the tempo quick by default (that is what it is when I look at the team instructions)

lokito one question in first post you sey sometimes add higher tempo but the tatic already have added

Just leave or ?

What version are you using ? The new set ?
How is the team morale ? If its low there are no tactics in the world that will work.
How are you conceding goals ?
How many games have you played with tactic, is it fluid ?
Have you made everything i said in the OP ?

Bro it worked for me in a lower team, so it must work for you too, u must be dynamic and see were your team is failing, this is not plug & play m8. :)
No underdog tactic here, this is a possession tactic and the goal is to dominate everyone, of course you are going to lose and draw sometimes, its normal in football and even more normal playing with very high defense like this one. GL ;)

I'm pretty short on time right now, i'll try provide screenshots later. I was pretty much dominating the games, having lots of shots but not scoring. then as morale went down the other teams started getting on top. Struggled vs bigger teams also, and drew too teams i should have beaten. Was using the new tactics and always started with closed like you suggested and if i went a goal down or i was being outplayed switched to open

Sorry for brief description, will try to supply screenshots when i have some time spare

Wait, I didn't realise It had been updated (ps i was using StewG old tweak) , I was using the old version to be fair. I stopped using your original version because I was getting blocked out.

I'll test the new ClOSE version alongside new StewG new tweaks.

In the new version is the tempo quick by default (that is what it is when I look at the team instructions)

lokito one question in first post you sey sometimes add higher tempo but the tatic already have added

Just leave or ?

Yes, the higher tempo is already on by default i updated the OP from the first version, that had default tempo and forgot to mention that. I believe its better that way, so u can put much higher tempo or lower tempo sometimes if u want and believe it suits the match moment. nukel leave it on if u want ! ;)

I'm pretty short on time right now, i'll try provide screenshots later. I was pretty much dominating the games, having lots of shots but not scoring. then as morale went down the other teams started getting on top. Struggled vs bigger teams also, and drew too teams i should have beaten. Was using the new tactics and always started with closed like you suggested and if i went a goal down or i was being outplayed switched to open

Sorry for brief description, will try to supply screenshots when i have some time spare

Hmmm, try to rise up morale, take of pression from the players. If you are dominating and creating chances, so i believe the team is doing things right, the problem is they don´t score, become less confident and lose control of the match, so its a finishing problem. Traint a lot of Def. Positioning and team cohesion until u feel the team is blended.

Hey ... I´m currently testing this brilliant tactics with the mother of all possesionteams, Barcelona... Unfortunately I can´t seem to post my screens on Fm Base .. Any help??

Ya, it´s great ! I have never felt this kind off dominance before .. Winning almost every match, and has already established a huge lead in the spanish ligue :D I´m using Photobucket, has always been working in here, but suddenly it does not :o As you can see, I´m not skipping a line when beginning a new setence, that feature is also not woking . When I hit "Enter" on my keyboard nothing happens ! So annoing .. I have screens off my start-11, results an so on, but can´t share it :o

Hmmm, im glad to hear that m8. Are you using firefox ?

Well this is insane, winning Europa League with a team from the 3d Division !! OMG

aFd7Oza.png

I'm also wondering if this would go well in the english Premiership, anyone tested it with one of the more exiting teams this year ? (Man Utd, Chelsea ..)

I'm also wondering if this would go well in the english Premiership, anyone tested it with one of the more exiting teams this year ? (Man Utd, Chelsea ..)

I was playing with Crystal Palace ( with previous version though) and in stayed in top of the league. Don´t know how this new works in the Premier, but with the right management i think it will work very well.

Btw, Portuguese Cup Final. If you want to see the real tiki taka, here it is !!!

5H6vzSm.png

Just look to this PASSING !! :O

qzqWZI7.png

Back