LOKITO - THE GUARDIOLA CONCEPT

• Thread starter Thread starter Lok1to
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 824
  • Views Views 391K
Loving these sets in the Championship! Why does APR not have "dribble more" and the APL on support in the tactics. It would be great to understand your thinking.

Many thanks.

Loving these sets in the Championship! Why does APR not have "dribble more" and the APL on support in the tactics. It would be great to understand your thinking.

Many thanks.

The support vs attack role, was to give more balance to the team. If u look to the formation, the A. PLAYMAKER CENTER LEFT, has an attacking role, so i gave the A. PLAYMAKER LEFT, a support role, the idea was the players being neither too close nor too far, achieving a more quality basculation.
The dribble more detail was trying to get some more verticality inside the system (like Robben for example). :)

Last edited:
Sorry, this tactic really doesnt work. 9/10 times im pass pass pass pass pass pass shoot, hits a defender, shoot hits the defender. I can have 20 shots on goal without scoring. Wasted hours of my life watching this happen. Im 15th in the league after 20 games with a team that can win it with other tactics.

Sorry, this tactic really doesnt work. 9/10 times im pass pass pass pass pass pass shoot, hits a defender, shoot hits the defender. I can have 20 shots on goal without scoring. Wasted hours of my life watching this happen. Im 15th in the league after 20 games with a team that can win it with other tactics.

Sorry to hear that. But It works very well for me and other people man.
Have you done everything that i said in the OP ? Change between tactics and etc ?
This is not a plug & play tactic bro, u know that right ?
Don´t know what more to say tbh m8 !! :(
Maybe its not the most suitbale tactic for your team or something ! :\

Sorry to hear that. But It works very well for me and other people man.
Have you done everything that i said in the OP ? Change between tactics and etc ?
This is not a plug & play tactic bro, u know that right ?
Don´t know what more to say tbh m8 !! :(
Maybe its not the most suitbale tactic for your team or something ! :\

I don't know whats wrong tbh. I'm using Tottenham and its almost as bad as watching Tottenham in real life, loads of possession but no clear cut chances. It was ok for a few games but even with the new tactics I just get blocked out by any side that doesn't want to play football.

Eventually they'll end up with 2-3 chances and score one of them before my team folds and leaks in a few more. I know its not plug in and play but I can't see what I can really change, the basic philosophy of keeping the ball is not working for me, I repeatedly get into situations where a full back or winger is in the penalty area and just stands around waiting to get tackled instead of moving to the byline and getting a cross across the face of goal.

Many times I just got to 60mins and got fed up so I switched to the more direct style of "Erkisen beautiful play" which I'm not experiencing so much trouble with the opposition blocking the goal.

I think since you added the new OI the defence actually got worse, now any player with a bit of skill gets closed down and the opposition will use it to draw defenders out of position which several times has left my keeper with a 1-on-1 vs the striker.

I also don't think this replicates Guardiola's football (certainly looks nothing like it) as I would hope if to, passing the ball with possession is not 100% of his philosophy, theres more too it than that.

I also think FM fouls me repeatedly in the box without giving a penalty which doesn't help. I think the opposition must make 90% of their challenges in the penalty area and somehow all of them are not fouls!

I don't know whats wrong tbh. I'm using Tottenham and its almost as bad as watching Tottenham in real life, loads of possession but no clear cut chances. It was ok for a few games but even with the new tactics I just get blocked out by any side that doesn't want to play football.

Eventually they'll end up with 2-3 chances and score one of them before my team folds and leaks in a few more. I know its not plug in and play but I can't see what I can really change, the basic philosophy of keeping the ball is not working for me, I repeatedly get into situations where a full back or winger is in the penalty area and just stands around waiting to get tackled instead of moving to the byline and getting a cross across the face of goal.

Many times I just got to 60mins and got fed up so I switched to the more direct style of "Erkisen beautiful play" which I'm not experiencing so much trouble with the opposition blocking the goal.

I think since you added the new OI the defence actually got worse, now any player with a bit of skill gets closed down and the opposition will use it to draw defenders out of position which several times has left my keeper with a 1-on-1 vs the striker.

I also don't think this replicates Guardiola's football (certainly looks nothing like it) as I would hope if to, passing the ball with possession is not 100% of his philosophy, theres more too it than that.

I also think FM fouls me repeatedly in the box without giving a penalty which doesn't help. I think the opposition must make 90% of their challenges in the penalty area and somehow all of them are not fouls!

It´s very difficult to recreate the Guardiola concept in FM, because there are some roles that could help to achieve that, but don´t exist, nor the tactical system has that complexity.
Like i said, my idea was not creating the supreme tactic, nor being the master of the forum, my goal was to create a base that i believe recreates the best of Guardiola idea, as it is possible, then people using it could use the original or make their own changes if they have any ideas. I don´t want to win only, i want to dominate and have lots of possession, and tbh you will not find any tactic that has more possession than this one, i assure you that. Of course there are tactics that score more and are better, but i repeat my idea was to play like this, not breaking the ME.
So if you believe the OI´s are not working, try no to use them, use your best defensive coach, sometimes i don´t use them tbh.
If you feel u have possession and the team isn´t pragmatic, try to change mentality, add more direct instructions, like i said, be dynamic !
The tactic works very well for me and others, im playing with a lower team.
I see some of those FB and WINGER "standings" here, but not every game.
I´m really sad it´s not working for you ! :(

Last edited:
So I finalely got iit to work on my iPad, so here goes my experince with this tactics while in charge off the great Chelsea ??????

As many off you guys I'm blasting off all resistance with my current start-11:
Chelsea-Tactics.png Photo by Zachar | Photobucket

As you can see, I'm currently little over half way through the season, and the league is almost a given ??????
EngelskePremierDivision_OversigtProfil.png Photo by Zachar | Photobucket

I'm avg at about 60-65 % possesin each game, and my wingers are worldclass in this tactics ??????

any advise to improving the sguad is always most appriciated ??????

I was playing with Crystal Palace ( with previous version though) and in stayed in top of the league. Don´t know how this new works in the Premier, but with the right management i think it will work very well.

Btw, Portuguese Cup Final. If you want to see the real tiki taka, here it is !!!

5H6vzSm.png

Just look to this PASSING !! :O

qzqWZI7.png

Impressive! What version of your tactics was this?

Does using the team talk option during a match only have an effect on player morale or is there actual hidden changes on mentality, player or team instructions? Anyone know. Tactics working great. Injuries in this version are brutal. Rarely get through a game without a knock or injury!

It´s very difficult to recreate the Guardiola concept in FM, because there are some roles that could help to achieve that, but don´t exist, nor the tactical system has that complexity.
Like i said, my idea was not creating the supreme tactic, nor being the master of the forum, my goal was to create a base that i believe recreates the best of Guardiola idea, as it is possible, then people using it could use the original or make their own changes if they have any ideas. I don´t want to win only, i want to dominate and have lots of possession, and tbh you will not find any tactic that has more possession than this one, i assure you that. Of course there are tactics that score more and are better, but i repeat my idea was to play like this, not breaking the ME.
So if you believe the OI´s are not working, try no to use them, use your best defensive coach, sometimes i don´t use them tbh.
If you feel u have possession and the team isn´t pragmatic, try to change mentality, add more direct instructions, like i said, be dynamic !
The tactic works very well for me and others, im playing with a lower team.
I see some of those FB and WINGER "standings" here, but not every game.
I´m really sad it´s not working for you ! :(

I agree with a lot of what you say, though ultimately dominating the game and opposition have 2 chances and scoring both is incredibly frustrating, as is having 100 shots on goal and all of them being blocked.

It's annoying because I wanted to make the tactic into my own, since I understood the way the system is supposed to develop. I think the reason why those wingers and full backs stand around so much is because they are playmakers rather than wingers possibly? I noticed in StewG's tweak they didn't do it so much.

I think its hard to get the game to replicate Guardiola, its too complicated and you can't tell players to make types of runs really.

Once I start a new season I might try again with this but for now I'll be trying something else.

Zachar

Really impressive results mate !! :)

MorrisQPR

The new version in OP ;)

CataDiaz12

Im glad to see its working for you bro ! Give me some screenies ! ;)

loisvale

The in game team talks, imo are like extensions of the pre match team talks. U can use them as a complement to the pre match team talks, to concentrate or motivate the team or individual players in certain situations, or even to minimize the damage created by a bad pre match team talk.
I believe, but this is my opinion it affects the state of mind of the players in the game, yes it´s logical that some attibutes (like determination for example) could increase during the match ( this is data base and works with numbers). :)

fryer

Yeah i know, that happens to me too, not every game but sometimes and when playing against teams with certain formations.
About the wingers and FB, is only about possession, if they have more vertical instructions, they will try to risk more in some situations, it´s like a a two-edged sword mate. :)

Right now im working in some other thing, more fast footbal after seeing the OVERLOAD mentality working in other systems and its working really well in my Crystal Palace.

Last edited:
Just to give and idea about the new system in talking about. For now its a strikerless formation !!

8kcwqjI.png

QZfTT17.png

hVEUu4m.png

I started this save in the previous patch and i was playing in possession, but then i was at the top of the league and went to my Varzim save, pausing this one. So i already had some advantage when start playing this save but only a 6 point difference, now i have 8, that could be 11, yet i don´t get foul by this, it needs a lot of more testing !! :)

qeu61j9.png

Now i must get ready to go to COMIC CON !! Cya later :D

Using this tactic with Liverpool and it has been very impressive 17 games 14 wins and 3 defeats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put this tactic on my West Ham team in 2021. Mainly regen players but I have never had results like this before. Total domination
View attachment 721714View attachment 721715View attachment 721718View attachment 721721

Great mate ! Those are some impressive results. Total dominatio indeed ! :)

Using this tactic with Liverpool and it has been very impressive 17 games 14 wins and 3 defeats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, im glad to hear its woking for u. Post some screens if u want to ! :)

Does new update tactic works in 15.1.3. version?

Tbh i don´t know, but some people say the new version it´s working, give it a try ! :)

Back