I having a great time with this tactic!
Only lost one game, against Real Madrid at Barnabéu. I was winning by 3, changed the tactic to that one who is more defensive, and they scored 4 xD who have CR7 have everything :p
But i have got some problems with finishing. I have in all games por than 60/65% of ball possession, and more than 20 shots per game! but only about 3 or 4 goes on goal, normally. Thanks to this i've draw some easy games. It's true that the tactic is not even near fluid, but what kind of team talks or team instructions in game can i say to my players, so they can stop place their shots at the moon?

Only lost one game, against Real Madrid at Barnabéu. I was winning by 3, changed the tactic to that one who is more defensive, and they scored 4 xD who have CR7 have everything :p
But i have got some problems with finishing. I have in all games por than 60/65% of ball possession, and more than 20 shots per game! but only about 3 or 4 goes on goal, normally. Thanks to this i've draw some easy games. It's true that the tactic is not even near fluid, but what kind of team talks or team instructions in game can i say to my players, so they can stop place their shots at the moon?

Try to use the "higher tempo" intruction or somebody mentioned that against small teams use "overload" mentality too

Not having much time to play FM at the moment but as I said here's my stats at league with this tactic at my Portuguese League save:

Table:
Gyazo - 8fca4698fde437b2816a39afbe91d184.png

Results:
Gyazo - 9f63ef8e96ae5eac94f9e3dbea4d35ca.png

With a few games, I'm having a great start at League and Champions League.
Won 4-0 against Manchester City.
I dominate all games (Shots, possession ball, etc...), no conceded goals.

Didn't changed anything for now, just will if needed but for now ill just keep as the original.

Didn't saw such effective tactic a long time ago, since the famous tactic Diablo (from CM 01/02 i think xD)
Anyway, gj LOKITO and thanks for sharing :)

Wanted a new tactic for the start of my season 4, said id try this and plain and simple, one of the most effective tactics ive ever used in 17 years of FM/CM, kills me not to have wingers in AML/AMR positions but its worth it.

only lost one game since using it, and that 3-2 last minute loss to spurs

Im really glad its working for you, my goal was to help everyone that likes this kind of football.
Keep it going m8 and let me know how its going ! :D

Very interesting tactic and thanks for sharing. Could you advise what various in game team talks actually do to the team/player instructions? Do they overide what has been programmed before game? For instance if I use "get creative" team talk during game what effect does it have on mentality team or player instructions?
Views welcome.

Thank you for sharing a great base tactic.

I try not to complicate things very much but, ALWAYS, in the first minute of the match i use team talk CONCENTRATE or ENCOURAGE (if the team comes from a bad phase).
Then during the match i try to use it dynamically, if i see the team is blocked, increasing TEMPO and using team talk, GET CREATIVE (this would help the players be more creative, with more creative freedom, don´t forget that this is a VERY RIGID system).
When i´m winning i ALWAYS use CONCENTRATE until the end.

Hmmm, try to train them to place shots, or to shoot less (if u feel is better for your team).
Normally when u create chances it´s only a matter of time u start scoring more, i would be more preoccupied if u weren´t dominating and creating chances at all. :)

Not having much time to play FM at the moment but as I said here's my stats at league with this tactic at my Portuguese League save:

Table:
Gyazo - 8fca4698fde437b2816a39afbe91d184.png

Results:
Gyazo - 9f63ef8e96ae5eac94f9e3dbea4d35ca.png

With a few games, I'm having a great start at League and Champions League.
Won 4-0 against Manchester City.
I dominate all games (Shots, possession ball, etc...), no conceded goals.

Didn't changed anything for now, just will if needed but for now ill just keep as the original.

Didn't saw such effective tactic a long time ago, since the famous tactic Diablo (from CM 01/02 i think xD)
Anyway, gj LOKITO and thanks for sharing :)

Hey, nice job it has been a walk in a park that league !! Hehe
Wow Diablo tactic ? Im flattered but that was really a majestic tactic ! ;)

Work new patch?

Yeah m8 it worked for me, and im seeing that is working for others too ! :)

I'll make a try of this tactic in a lower league, maybe in Skybet championship or Liga Adelante and I'll say something then :)

gonna test this with carlisle in league 1 in my 3rd season.

used in my last game of season 2 (league 1) millwall(4th) vs carlisle(11) won 5-0 away.

things are looking positive for my 3rd season

Can't say that it has worked wonders on me. played with Sheffield Wednesday in championship. can't say that it's not working as i started using this tactic during my 3rd game of the season.

my team always concedes, so far the team talk and all hasn't worked to get me a win/draw. maybe my players aren't up to level to use this tactic?

The best tactic i have used by far i am only using the 2 centrback version as its the only i could download, Havent lost in 25 games and i won 23 of those.

i had one 10-0 win and a few 7-0's, Some feedback i dont think the corners are as good as christan ericksens beautiful play.

Apart from that its amazing

Im in 2025, just took over at psg. It was working just as effectively at cardiff.

pressing, possession and defensive stability of this tactic are truly impressive.

I only wish I could retain all of this with a more aggressive shape and a sexier offensive flow (and I know I can't :p)

amazing tactic and concept though.

I'll make a try of this tactic in a lower league, maybe in Skybet championship or Liga Adelante and I'll say something then :)

Hmm havent´t tried that, but be careful bro, even though i´ve seen some people playing in lower teams with it and having sucess. :)

gonna test this with carlisle in league 1 in my 3rd season.

used in my last game of season 2 (league 1) millwall(4th) vs carlisle(11) won 5-0 away.

things are looking positive for my 3rd season

Interesting, so it´s working for you in lower league.
How are you conceding ?
Is your team balanced and doing good pressing ?
Im asking this because low quality player have more chances to fail in pressing and in possessing the ball. ;)

Can't say that it has worked wonders on me. played with Sheffield Wednesday in championship. can't say that it's not working as i started using this tactic during my 3rd game of the season.

my team always concedes, so far the team talk and all hasn't worked to get me a win/draw. maybe my players aren't up to level to use this tactic?

Let the team get used to it, don´t forget it´s a posession tactic, uses very high defense and offside trap, these things are very difficult to blend, even in a better team. :)
How are you conceding ?

The best tactic i have used by far i am only using the 2 centrback version as its the only i could download, Havent lost in 25 games and i won 23 of those.

i had one 10-0 win and a few 7-0's, Some feedback i dont think the corners are as good as christan ericksens beautiful play.

Apart from that its amazing

Wow, really nice m8.
Hmmm don´t know about those corners, are they effective ?
I always try to score from normal play, but u can use Christian´s set pieces. :)

Im in 2025, just took over at psg. It was working just as effectively at cardiff.

Nice m8, let me know about your progression.

pressing, possession and defensive stability of this tactic are truly impressive.

I only wish I could retain all of this with a more aggressive shape and a sexier offensive flow (and I know I can't :p)

amazing tactic and concept though.

Im glad your enjoying it m8.
What do you mean about the agressive shape ?

The flow is restrained by the Very Rigid mentality. :)

Last edited:
Hmm havent´t tried that, but be careful bro, even though i´ve seen some people playing in lower teams with it and having sucess. :)

Interesting, so it´s working for you in lower league.
How are you conceding ?
Is your team balanced and doing good pressing ?
Im asking this because low quality player have more chances to fail in pressing and in possessing the ball. ;)

Let the team get used to it, don´t forget it´s a posession tactic, uses very high defense and offside trap, these things are very difficult to blend, even in a better team. :)
How are you conceding ?

Wow, really nice m8.
Hmmm don´t know about those corners, are they effective ?
I always try to score from normal play, but u can use Christian´s set pieces. :)

Nice m8, let me know about your progression.

Im glad your enjoying it m8.
What do you mean about the agressive shape ?

The flow is restrained by the Very Rigid mentality. :)

more aggressive shape... basically means more players in the AM strata :)

I tried to incorporate this concept in a 4-2-3-1 and failed miserably, after all the last time I created a decent tactic was FM12...

Overall flow of your tactic works fine, most importantly it works as intended! personally I'd like the striker to be more of a scoring threat, and maybe the star Advanced Playmaker (a) moved to the AM strata to form a partnership with him. I'm pretty sure I'd destroy the balance of the tactic though ;)

pressing and possession of this tactic are a thing of beauty

pitch size mate?

I use the smallest !

more aggressive shape... basically means more players in the AM strata :)

I tried to incorporate this concept in a 4-2-3-1 and failed miserably, after all the last time I created a decent tactic was FM12...

Overall flow of your tactic works fine, most importantly it works as intended! personally I'd like the striker to be more of a scoring threat, and maybe the star Advanced Playmaker (a) moved to the AM strata to form a partnership with him. I'm pretty sure I'd destroy the balance of the tactic though ;)

pressing and possession of this tactic are a thing of beauty

Yes i know what you mean about the more offensive positions, but that is where i believe the tactic takes advantage, the compact posioning of the players.
I dont´t know if u know this, but the system´s shape that you see in tactics menu, is the positioning of the team when they defend, then the instructions to the player ( attacking roles and support) will determine how the team attacks ( my idea was the 3-4-3 in this offensive process) :)

Last edited:
Hi! I'm in desperate need of a striker, I have Berahino and Brown. They don't score any goals

I use the smallest !

Yes i know what you mean about the more offensive positions, but that is where i believe the tactic takes advantage, the compact posioning of the players.
I dont´t know if u know this, but the system´s shape that you see in tactics menu, is the positioning of the team when they defend, then the instructions to the player ( attacking roles and support) will determine how the team attacks ( my idea was the 3-4-3 in this offensive process) :)

in fact I never knew this for sure! in (very) old championship manager games there were two different formation screens, with or without the ball... loved it!

how would you tweak the F9 to get more goals and/or scoring chances? I miss the almighty poachers of the past ;)

Just about to set this tactic going on my new Scarborough Athletic (Level 8) save, very lower league here!

Hopefully this tactic will work just the same further down the chain of clubs, I will keep you posted after a few games and let you know how it is going.

But all in all looks like a good tactic!