LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

• Thread starter Thread starter SeanKeaney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 75K
Rennes v Lille

View attachment 279821

After our impressive victory over Marseille, we face Rennes with a chance to consolidate our position at the top of the league.

View attachment 279820

A poor game that Rennes just shaded. I'm happy with our defence as it's been quite a while since we last conceded a goal but we need to be winning these games! Oh well, on to the next one...

Lille v Groningen

View attachment 279818

We return to Europa League action and we're up against the weakest side in our group on paper - Groningen.

View attachment 279817

Another clean sheet and another win in Europe! Danny Ings and Rafinha both scoring their first goals for the club as we make it 3 wins out of 3. We're very confident of progressing and want to do it as early as possible so we have the opportunity to rest players.

Lille v Montpellier

View attachment 279815

Montpellier are the visitors to the Stade Pierre-Mauroy today. We're on a fantastic defensive run but I'd still like us to score more goals.

View attachment 279814

The second disappointing draw on the trot in the league. We were dominant today but just couldn't put away our chances. Defensively very solid again as our run of not conceding goes on. This inability to break teams down is a little worrying though and might prevent us from seriously challenging at the top!

Lille v Bastia

View attachment 279801

Next up is a game against Bastia. We're on a run of two 0-0's in a row and we need that to end here. If we want to keep pace at the top we need to be winning these kind of games.

View attachment 279800

That's more like it! Dominated the game and we managed to convert our chances before conceding a late consolation. Aubameyang, Rafinha, Roux and Marion the goalscorers in a very convincing win. It's always nice to see 4 attacking players spread the goals around.

October Overview

View attachment 279799

October was a mixed month. 100% in Europe and a big win over Marseille, but a couple of goalless draws are a little concern.

View attachment 279798

We're joint top with PSG and this seasons surprise package Bordeaux. Marseille and Monaco are breathing down our necks in a very tight top of the table. At the bottom Tours already looked destined for relegation as they are still yet to win a match!

Player stats so far;

View attachment 279797

Player of the month;

View attachment 279796

October results;

View attachment 279795

November fixtures;

View attachment 279794

PSG away is the stand out fixture this month!

Also the first managerial casualty of the season;

View attachment 279793

Groningen v Lille

View attachment 279782

We kick off November with Europa League action against Groningen. We have won the first 3 games in the group and are looking pretty on top so we know a win in Holland will virtually see us into the knock out rounds.

View attachment 279780

I made quite a few changes with the PSG game at the weekend in mind and it didn't work. Groningen deserved their win and credit to them. Nathan Ake on loan from Chelsea was phenomenal in the middle of the park. We're still sitting at the top of the group so this result is far from a disaster.

PSG v Lille

View attachment 279779

We rested players in mid-week for this game as it's a big one! PSG are the team to beat in Ligue 1. Their squad is scarily good and it's so hard to compete with them. If we can get any result here it will show that we are capable of competing.

View attachment 279778

We were completely outplayed. We couldn't handle Eugene Konoplyanka at all - he tore us to shreds. To be honest 4-1 was a slightly flattering score line for us as it could've been a lot more.

We're some way behind the standards PSG are setting.

Lille v Toulouse

View attachment 279777

We need a response after our battering in Paris. Toulouse have underachieved this season and are fighting relegation after pushing us for 3rd place last season! In the build up to this game we heard some news on their new manager;

View attachment 279776

Rene Girard! The former Lille manager and the man I replaced! His first game in charge is against his old side - you can't write this stuff!

Also in the week before this match we found out our Coupe de la Ligue 4th Round opponents as we look to defend our crown;

View attachment 279775

A tough draw but we're at home so I do fancy our chances.

View attachment 279774

A dominant win for us as it wasn't a fairytale beginning for Rene Girard at Toulouse. Aubameyang scoring the winner to complete the turnaround after we had fallen behind in the first half.

Salzburg v Lille

View attachment 279767

Back to Europa League action now and we know a win in Austria would guarantee us qualification and most likely top spot in the group.

View attachment 279766

We probably made this harder for ourselves than we needed it to be but a wins a win! We were 2-0 up and cruising before Salzburg pegged us back. Rafinha hit the winner as we do indeed qualify and win the group with a game to spare! Sebastien Corchia's goal was stunning as he ran nearly the full length of the pitch to score!

St Etienne v Lille

View attachment 279756

With qualification from our Europa League group sealed in mid-week we know turn our attentions to the league and a tough trip to St Etienne.

View attachment 279753

This was a game we really shouldn't have lost. We had enough chances to win it and it was an uncharacteristic error from Vincent Enyeama as he just headed the ball straight to M'Baye Niang to tap it in from distance. A disappointing result that doesn't help our title aspirations one bit.

November Overview

View attachment 279752

November wasn't a great month for us as we lost a couple of crucial games in the league - most notably against PSG. We have progressed to the Europa League knockout round on the plus side though.

View attachment 279751

We sit 6 points behind PSG now at the top as they are looking harder to catch by the week. We have a slender lead over Bordeaux and Monaco in the final Champions League spot. Spare a thought for Tours who still HAVENT WON going into December - their poor fans.

Player stats so far;

View attachment 279750

November Player of the Month;

View attachment 279749

Our November results;

View attachment 279748

December fixtures;

View attachment 279747

Last edited:
Lille v Reims

View attachment 279746

We start December at home to Reims in Ligue 1. We have fallen off the pace in recent weeks and need to be winning these games otherwise PSG's lead will be too much.

View attachment 279745

I don't know how we didn't win this game! Absolutely dominant but couldn't find a way through. It's not the first time this season that it's happened and it could prove to cost us in our pursuit of the title.

Sochaux v Lille

View attachment 279744

We need to bounce back and we need a win now. No disrespect to Sochaux but we need to be breaking them down and winning these games - simple as that.

View attachment 279743

Yes that's more like it! A really dominant performance and two goals for Nolan Roux - it feels like a long time since he last scored! That is more like it and I think me laying into the players about the need to win these games paid off!

Lille v Panathinaikos

View attachment 279742

We have already qualified from our group as group winners so this game meant nothing to us. It meant a lot to Panathinaikos as they had to win to qualify. I made a lot of changes with an important cup game at the weekend.

View attachment 279741

Again my under strength side fail to win. Panathinaikos got the win they needed and qualified from the group with us. We were maybe a little unfortunate to lose so I won't be too hard on the lads this time.

The draw for the first knockout round was made;

View attachment 279740

A tough draw! We're up against David Moyes' Real Sociedad side who are currently 4th in La Liga behind the big 3! It won't be easy at all but I suppose it's some consolation that we are playing the 2nd leg at home.

We also found out our 2nd knockout round potential opponents;

View attachment 279739

Lille v Bordeaux

View attachment 279738

Our first match in the Coupe de la Ligue this season and we go into it as holders! There's slight pressure as holders but we're confident of another cup run this season after excelling in them last season!

View attachment 279736

A convincing win as we storm through to the next round! Nolan Roux did the damage here as he scored yet another brace! Aubameyang wrapped it up at the end just after the red card for Andre Biyogho Poko.

We found out our opponents in the next round;

View attachment 279735

St Etienne at home, they beat us earlier in the season so this won't be easy! It's also nice to see PSG and Marseille paired together meaning one of them will go out.

The draw was also made for the Coupe de France;

View attachment 279734

Lens v Lille

View attachment 279732

Our last match of 2015 was a huge one! It's the Derby Du Nord against Lens! This is always a stand out fixture for both sets of supporters and the victorious team was due to have a great Christmas!

View attachment 279731

Up until now I'd had a great record in the Derby Du Nord but this was my first defeat in this fixture! Their manager Antoine Koumbare always likes to play mind games in the build up and this time was no different. I'm just upset that he managed to get the bragging rights as the mind games carried on after the final whistle. Nolan Roux gave us the lead in the first minute but the game was turned on it's head by half time. A disappointing defeat and the worst possible way to end 2015.

December Overview

View attachment 279729

December ended on a sour note with the derby defeat. We're still in all of the cup competitions and still competing at the top of the league
(although probably not for the title) so it's not all bad.

View attachment 279728

We end the year in a disappointing 4th place. The gap between us and the top is now a staggering 14 points and even though we have 2 games in hand I don't think it's possible for us to catch PSG as they just don't drop points. Also a big shout out to Tours who had a good month and won their first 3 games so they're within touching distance of safety!

Player stats so far;

View attachment 279727

December Player of the month;

View attachment 279726

December results (I forgot to screenshot Jan fixtures);

View attachment 279725

Now to some awards around the world for 2015!

Ballon D'Or;

View attachment 279724

Golden Boy;

View attachment 279723

World XI;

View attachment 279722

And a nice little award for us that I didn't even know existed;

View attachment 279721

Lille v Strasbourg

View attachment 279720

Fresh from our mini-break we kick off 2016 with a cup match against Strasbourg.

First some transfer news from the club as an unhappy player gets released from his contract;

View attachment 279719

He hasn't been able to get game time this season due to the new signings and emergence of a couple of youngsters so he's asked to leave so I agreed to terminate his contract so he is free to join whoever he wishes.

View attachment 279718

We ease into the next round against our opposition from two leagues below. Marvin Martin scored 2 penalties as we could've scored a few more in honesty.

The draw for the next round was made;

View attachment 279717

...gulp...

Lille v Caen

View attachment 279714

Before we get to our match against Caen, let me tell you about some transfer activity from the club. First we sold a backup player who we just couldn't guarantee game time to;

View attachment 279713

Next, a stroppy kid who moaned all season to me about wanting to leave. He was becoming distruptive so I let him leave for a healthy profit;

View attachment 279712

I really felt he could be the future of this club, but due to his attitude the club is better off without him. Good riddance.

View attachment 279711

Routing victory against Caen and a routine brace from super Nolan Roux!

Shame about the stutter in league form in Nov/Dec! How close do you reckon you can push Monaco and PSG?

Back