LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

• Thread starter Thread starter SeanKeaney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 75K
Lille v St Etienne

View attachment 279700

It's the January transfer window and because of our recent departure of Martin Hinteregger we have a space to fill in our squad in the centre back position. After a bit of scouting we signed these 2 players;

View attachment 279698View attachment 279697

Andreas Christensen is on loan until the end of the season to fill the gap, whilst Jason Denayer will join at the end of the season on a free transfer! I'm very excited about this signing as he's only 20 with bags of potential! We've done well by acting early to snap him up before other clubs get interested.

We have St Etienne up next in the Coupe de la Ligue Quarter Final.

View attachment 279694

Another good cup run continues as we reach the semi-finals thanks to Nolan Roux's winner! We are the holders of the competition and we are making a good defence of our trophy.

The draw was made for the semi's;

View attachment 279693

The Derby Du Nord in the semi finals of the cup - what an occasion that will be! Probably facing PSG in the final also!

Last edited:
Shame about the stutter in league form in Nov/Dec! How close do you reckon you can push Monaco and PSG?

I know it's so annoying :( PSG are out of our league tbh, it's so hard to compete with them. We're ahead of Monaco though but I assume you mean Marseille as they are 2nd? I think we can catch them which will be an improvement on last season - that's our new aim!

what skin are you using mate? good story swell, nice to see a french story, would like to see a marseille one.

I can't remember where I got it from but it's a stadium backgrounds one - I'm pretty sure it's just called Stadium Backgrounds.

Last edited:
Lille v PSG

View attachment 279682

From one cup to another, and it's Coupe de France action now against the mighty PSG. This is the toughest draw we could have got but if we are able to knock them out it opens up the draw for the rest of us.

View attachment 279681

What a brilliant win! We battered them, considering they beat us 4-1 just over a month ago this is a fantastic victory. We progress to the next round and I'm starting to think we are a cup team! We reached both finals last year and we're on course to do the same again. Rafinha having his finest game in a Lille shirt with a hat-trick.

The draw was made for the next round;

View attachment 279680

Lille v Bordeaux

View attachment 279679

Ligue 1 action now against rivals Bordeaux, and this game brings up a certain milestone;

View attachment 279678

This is a special day for me and I'm really hoping my team can come out on top, in what is a huge game!

View attachment 279677

A really important win to consolidate our 3rd position in the league against one of our main rivals for the spot. Nolan Roux gets the winner, which is fitting as he's done that so much in my previous 99 matches in charge.

There was one sour note to take from the game though;

View attachment 279676

Time for Danny Ings or Gauthier Varez to step up!

Lille v Angers

View attachment 279675

Up next is a home game against Angers, who have performed well and are comfortably above the relegation zone. We battered them 5-1 earlier in the season so another win is expected here.

View attachment 279672

We should've scored a few more but I'll take the 1-0 win. Danny Ings scoring the winner and getting man of the match in the absence of Nolan Roux. Very impressive from the English striker as he looks to make that place his own in Roux's absence.

Lyon v Lille

View attachment 279670

Now we have a difficult trip to Lyon, who have fallen off the pace in recent weeks. This is never an easy game though against the former French champions.

View attachment 279668

We are defeated by Maxwell Cornet's brace. It's not the first time he's scored against us either! It's disappointing to lose but I honestly feel that Lyon deserved to win so I can't have too many complaints. Oh well, on to the next one...

Lille v Monaco

View attachment 279666

We end January against Monaco, who are sitting just behind us in the league table. If we lose this it would be disastrous, a win would really start to open up a gap between us.

View attachment 279665

A comprehensive victory as everything falls into place. We played some scintillating football today and we can be very proud with this win. Another 2 goals for Danny Ings as he looks to fill the massive boots of Nolan Roux, and there's no better way to do that than by banging the goals in!

January Overview

View attachment 279664

The first month of 2016 is over and done with and now it's onto the business end of the season. We have plenty to play for as we're in 3 cups still with a lot to play for in the league - we're ready for a frantic end to the season!

View attachment 279663

We are joint 3rd place and instead of looking down on those catching us, we have our eyes set on catching Marseille in 2nd. We are 4 points behind with 1 game in hand.

Player stats so far;

View attachment 279662

January Player of the month;

View attachment 279661

January results;

View attachment 279660

February fixtures;

View attachment 279659

Unbelievable, we have 3 games in 5 days! 3 massive games against Nancy, Real Sociedad and Marseille in a 5 day period, how has that worked out! In total we have 9 games in February, which is the shortest month of the year! Ridiculous!

To add to that, here's a list of our current injuries;

View attachment 279658

Lille v Lens

View attachment 279657

February starts with a Derby Du Nord in the Coupe de la Ligue semi final! We are the current holders but we lost the last Derby Du Nord, either way we go into the game as favourites to progress.

View attachment 279656

We lost on penalties. It's a cruel way to go out but it's Lens who progress to the final! We huffed and puffed but couldn't break them down in 120 minutes of football. They played for penalties and got their reward by winning the shootout.

Guingamp v Lille

View attachment 278358

We need to bounce back from the disappointment of the penalty shoot out defeat to Lens. We're back in league action with a trip to Guingamp but in the build up to the game there was news of a managerial change at the bottom;

View attachment 278357

View attachment 278356

View attachment 278355

What an absolute cracker! We came from behind twice and took the lead with 3 minutes left but couldn't hold on for the win. Brilliant performance from Danny Ings today as he was lethal in front of goal and so nearly won the game for us. It's always a case of 2 points dropped when you concede in the last minute though.

Nice v Lille

View attachment 278354

Another away game in the league as we travel to struggling Nice, needing a win to get us back on track.

View attachment 278353

A wins a win I guess. Hardly the most convincing of wins but I'll take the 3 points happily considering the amount of times we have dominated and failed to take our chances this season. A really fortunate own goal from their keeper early on sneak us the win.

As a result of this defeat Nice decided to change managers;

View attachment 278352

View attachment 278351

Lille v Tours

View attachment 278350

Next up is a home game against bottom of the table Tours. It's the end of a favourable run of fixtures in the league and we need to keep the momentum up with a win.

View attachment 278349

We really should've won by more but I'll take the 3 points nonetheless. Marvin Martin bagged the winner in a game were we kept the ball well and created chances for fun but couldn't capitalise - maybe we're missing Nolan Roux in that respect.

Lille v Nancy

View attachment 278348

Coupe de France time and it's second division Nancy who travel to the Stade Pierre-Mauroy. We are rotating our squad for this one as our next two games come up thick and fast with trips to Real Sociedad and Marseille in the 5 days after this game!

View attachment 278345

Another 1-0 win, that's our 3rd in a row! It's also another early own goal that gets us the win but we're through to the next round and that's all that matters I suppose. I'm happy with the 3 clean sheets on the bounce but it's a common story that we have most of the ball and most of the chances we just fail to convert our dominance into goals.

The draw for the next round was made;

View attachment 278344

Last edited:
Real Sociedad v Lille

View attachment 278343

Just one days rest and we go again against Spanish side Real Sociedad, managed by David Moyes of course. With the away leg first we want to remain in the tie, a one goal defeat isn't the worst of scenarios as long as we get an away goal.

View attachment 278342

Even though we rotated the squad in our last match tiredness still kicked in. We aren't lucky enough to have 2 teams of 11 who can perform and we got caught out by this ridiculous fixture list. Real Sociedad were better than us on the day and maybe 3 goals is too much to turn around so it's unlikely that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's away goal will count for much.

Last edited:
Marseille v Lille

View attachment 278341

Just another 1 days rest and we're back in action again with one of our biggest games of the season, away to Marseille. Tiredness is a real factor as we got caught out in mid-week. A defeat here would see us out of the race for the title for sure.

View attachment 278340

What a phenomenal performance and possibly my best as manager considering the circumstances. I didn't think we had that in us and to win the game late on despite our tiredness tells a lot about the group of players I have at my disposal. Danny Ings scoring again and our late double in two minutes from Marion and a Marvin Martin penalty sealed a well deserved and very impressive away win. We're back in the title picture!

Last edited:
Back