LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

• Thread starter Thread starter SeanKeaney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 75K
Angers v Lille

View attachment 280690

On the back of the Champions League disappointment we come up against newly promoted Angers. I don't know a lot about them but I guess that's one of the pluses of this save game - I'm learning a lot about the French league.

Either way, I feel we should win this match.

View attachment 280689

A comfortable victory, it's been a little while since we've beat a team so comfortably. This new system is starting to take shape now and our results have definitely picked up since we changed to it. Aubameyang scores his second goal for the club and I'm very happy for midfielder Ismael Diomande in getting his first goal for the club.

Yet again the main talking point is another goal from one of our youth products. Emmanuel Debordeaux came on and got his goal in a very impressive cameo from the youngster. I promoted him to the first team and my coaching staff said he wasn't good enough and I should loan him out etc so it's nice that he's proven to me why I called him up.

View attachment 280688

August Review

View attachment 280687

The first month of the season complete and it was a mixed one. Of course the main negative was failing to qualify for the Champions League. We've started well in Ligue 1 though as I feel we can make a real push for the title this season.

View attachment 280686

Marseille are the early pace setters again just as they were last season. They are joined by Lyon and Monaco as we sit 1 point behind. At the other end of the table, Toulouse, who pushed me close for 3rd place last season have started awfully and sit 2nd bottom!

Now a look at the player stats so far;

View attachment 280682

And the Player of the Month for August;

View attachment 280681

August Results;

View attachment 280680

September Fixtures;

View attachment 280679

The transfer window closed and we made one more signing on the day before deadline day...

View attachment 280678

I saw him on the transfer list for only £1m and I couldn't not sign him! I was looking for a CM anyway and this was too good to turn down, I feel like I've just robbed Barcelona!

A quick overview of the window shows just how hard it is to compete with PSG;

View attachment 280677

They had the top 3 transfers, made the most signings and spent the most money by some distance! How am I meant to compete with that?!?!

Here's an overview of our transfer window in full;

View attachment 280676
View attachment 280675

Idrissa Gueye to PSV was our biggest outgoing but with Sergi Roberto coming in and making money from the deals I think we have improved dramatically in that area!

Finally some news on my improving my coaching credentials;

View attachment 280674

Lille v Lyon

View attachment 280672

Our first game in September and we're up against Lyon, who have had a fantastic start to the season. We want to win the title this year and results against the top teams will go a long way in determining whether we can achieve that.

View attachment 280671

A bore draw - maybe the most boring game I've been involved in as manager. Maybe we should have won as we had more chances but to be honest I don't think anyone deserved to win this match.

Lille v Salzburg

View attachment 280670

Our first Europa League tie is against Red Bull Salzburg. In my opinion they pose the biggest threat to us in this group so picking up a win here would be the perfect start. I will be making a few changes as have a big game against Monaco on the horizon, but I don't feel comfortable doing so. I would love to win this competition and that's what I aim to do. There's nothing that winds me up more than clubs disrespecting European competitions.

View attachment 280669

We won 2-0 and who else got the goals? He really is a natural goalscorer and no matter what role I play him in he seems to get the goals. His role has changed slightly to a False 9 but it hasn't phased him and he just gets on with it and bags the goals. A perfect start to our Europa League campaign, surely we can push on and secure qualification as early as possible.

Monaco v Lille

View attachment 280661

After our win in Europe in mid-week we face a tough trip to Monaco. I'm not a big fan of this Thursday-Sunday schedule but I guess we've got the get used to it. I said a few games ago that we need to pick up results against the top sides in the league and a result here would be massive.

View attachment 280662

A fantastic win! I feel we can be genuine title contenders this season, I just don't know if we will be able to topple PSG. Rafinha and Danny Ings both scored their first goals for the club in a rather tight game that we took our chances in. Rafinha has been injured and I've been waiting for this kind of performance from him since I signed him - he ran the show!

Lille v Guingamp

View attachment 280659

After the fantastic result against Monaco we need to back it up with another 3 points at home to Guingamp. They've had an impressive start to the season so we know this won't be an easy game at all.

View attachment 280660

Another 3 points for the team as we continue to keep up with the teams at the top. Nolan Roux was the saviour once again with 2 goals in the last 15 minutes to turn this game around. I don't know where we'd be without his goals and the signings of other strikers hasn't effected his game at all. If he plays, he scores.

Oh nice, how you doing in the league? Hows the likes of Roux and Martin doing for you?
Won the league in first season. Roux was under performing, had an fall out and had to release him next season on the other hand Martin won star of league 1 and had most assists in the league.

Won the league in first season. Roux was under performing, had an fall out and had to release him next season on the other hand Martin won star of league 1 and had most assists in the league.

Interesting, I'm hoping I can win the league this season - that's my priority! Surprised Roux underperformed as he's probably been my most reliable player! Martin was my player of the year and he's had interest from big clubs like Liverpool etc.

Interesting, I'm hoping I can win the league this season - that's my priority! Surprised Roux underperformed as he's probably been my most reliable player! Martin was my player of the year and he's had interest from big clubs like Liverpool etc.
Might be my tactics, i was playing lone striker up front with 5 in midfield. Origi did well, but was injury prone.

Just a quick question, would you guys be interested if I put the other results from the league games on here to keep you more up-to-date with the league as a whole or is that too much detail?

Just a quick question, would you guys be interested if I put the other results from the league games on here to keep you more up-to-date with the league as a whole or is that too much detail?

It's up to you mate, If you want to have a look at my old thread on FM14 "Just Another Manager Story.. With a Twist" towards the last pages, I used to do it, I think if you do it do it the way I used to, it goes with your presentation of this too, have a look :)

But it's not something most of us care about too much, hence why i stopped! We're more focused on how you do with Lille :)

It's up to you mate, If you want to have a look at my old thread on FM14 "Just Another Manager Story.. With a Twist" towards the last pages, I used to do it, I think if you do it do it the way I used to, it goes with your presentation of this too, have a look :)

But it's not something most of us care about too much, hence why i stopped! We're more focused on how you do with Lille :)

Cheers for the feedback, I guess it's something I personally like to read in stories but isn't a popular addition.

what skin are you using mate? good story swell, nice to see a french story, would like to see a marseille one.

Tours v Lille

View attachment 279855

We face a trip to newly-promoted Tours, who have had a tough start to the season and are still yet to pick up their first win. We expect a victory here...

View attachment 279853

We should have won by more but I'll take the 1-0 win! Nolan Roux is so reliable, the only shock is that he only took one of his chances!

September Overview

View attachment 279851

The second month into the season and it's still too early to really tell if we'll be challenging or not but we've made a bright start and that can only be seen as a good thing!

View attachment 279850

It may be early on but it's nice to see us top of the league! It's very tight up the top though so a bad result could see us drop a few places. We just need to keep pace with Marseille and PSG mainly as they are the two heavyweights in this league.

A look at the player stats so far;

View attachment 279848

And the Player of the Month;

View attachment 279847

September results;

View attachment 279846

October fixtures;

View attachment 279845

We have two more games as we look to progress in the Europa League, plus a massive game at home to Marseille in Ligue 1!

Panathinaikos v Lille

View attachment 279843

We kick off October with a Europa League tie away at Panathinaikos. We've already played them twice this season in the Champions League qualifiers so they are quite familiar opponents - losing 1 and winning 1.

In the build up to this game I was handed with a little distraction;

View attachment 279841

Martin Hinteregger failed to turn up to training! He got a bit funny after I sold Idrissa Gueye and now I think he's having his head turned by interest from abroad. He's been here less than a year and he's starting to become a disruptive influence...

View attachment 279842

We won 1-0 in a pretty poor match thanks to a magnificent free kick from Christian Fuchs. Marko Basa's quickfire double yellow made it difficult for us in the second half but we hung on for the win!

Lille v Marseille

View attachment 279836

I know nothing can be decided this early in the season but a win here against title rivals Marseille would set down a real marker of intent. If we want to be serious title contenders then we need to perform against our title rivals.

View attachment 279834

What a great win and hopefully one that will show that we're serious title contenders. It was a close match but we just had the quality going forward to sneak the win. Christian Fuchs scores his 2nd free kick in two games - such a valuable asset to have! Roux got his standard goal and we were pretty comfortable from there on out.

There was one bit of bad news to come out of the match though;

View attachment 279831

Young midfielder Emmanuel Debordeaux damaged his cruciate ligaments, meaning he will miss the rest of the season. Such a blow to the young lad who had just broke into the first team. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Back