LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

• Thread starter Thread starter SeanKeaney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 75K
Amazing !

Hi ! I"m french , your storie is actualy truly awesome ! Just hope it will last longer ! If only Rene Girard could really leaves and you could btw take the control of the squad !!

Cheers man, I'm not one to make excuses but this fixture list is ridiculous, I've never seen anything like it!

Yeah that's insane! I had 3 games in 4 days once! And 7 in 14 another time. Literally a game every second day! :O And that was following a week off, couldn't believe they didn't reschedule!

Hi ! I"m french , your storie is actualy truly awesome ! Just hope it will last longer ! If only Rene Girard could really leaves and you could btw take the control of the squad !!

Thanks I appreciate the comment! Are you a Lille fan? It would be a disaster if that happened in real life, Rene Girard is a lot more qualified than me!

Lille v Real Sociedad

View attachment 278339

This tie isn't quite over yet and following our impressive win in Marseille the confidence is high! We've also been given a 4 day break to prepare for this which is very nice of the fixture list generator!

View attachment 278338

Another one of those days where we dominate, create chances but only manage to take one of them. If we could've been more clinical we could've turned this around. We won the match but lost the tie, out of Europe now all of our focus is on the Ligue 1 and Coupe de France.

Some more bad news from the game...

View attachment 278337

With Nolan Roux currently injured we couldn't afford to lose another striker! We are down to the bare bones now and we have to rely on youngster Gauthier Varez or play Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang up front.

February Overview

View attachment 278326

February was by far our busiest month to date. I'm still furious with the fixture list as I feel it cost us a decent crack at Real Sociedad in the Europa League. We're still in a decent position in the league and we're still in the Coupe de France so there are some positives and a lot to play for the rest of this season!

View attachment 278325

We're still in 3rd but the gap to the top is just 6 points and we have a game in hand! That win over Marseille was a massive result. We have got through the busiest month ever and we're in the title race so I'm thrilled - we just need to push on now and keep the pressure on PSG, hoping they slip up.

Player stats so far;

View attachment 278322

February Player of the Month;

View attachment 278321

Results February;

View attachment 278320

Fixtures March;

View attachment 278319

A back-to-back double header with Montpellier to start the month, but on paper it looks like we could win all of our games and put the pressure on at the top.

Here's our current injury list;

View attachment 278318

And some good personal news;'

View attachment 278317

Lille v Montpellier

View attachment 278315

We are definitely a cup team, we're taking part in our 5th Quarter Final in 2 seasons. Quite an achievement from the boys and we will want to go one better than last year after our disappointing Coupe de France final defeat.

View attachment 278313

A dominant display and another 1-0 win - that's becoming quite a theme in our season! It was Ryan Mendes de Graca who secured our progress to the semi-finals but a big mention to Andreas Christensen who was a rock at the back. Our defensive record since his arrival has been fantastic - we don't miss Martin Hinteregger at all!

The Semi Final draw was made;

View attachment 278312

For the second time this season we face our bitter rivals Lens in a cup semi! The other Semi Final will be contested between Marseille and Lorient, meaning a repeat of last years final is definitely on the cards.

Montpellier v Lille

View attachment 278311

We face Montpellier for the second time this week and this time it's a crucial league match. We beat them in the cup so confidence in the camp is high.

View attachment 278310

It was the same 2 teams but a very different match! We dominated the Coupe de France match but this was a lot more even and Montpellier just took one more chance than we did. It's unfortunate to lose when the game is so close and we easily could of won it. It's a big blow to our title hopes but there was good news for Gauthier Varez who got his first Ligue 1 goal for the club and his 2nd overall.

Lille v Rennes

View attachment 278309

We must bounce back from that defeat at Montpellier to keep our title push alive. It's as simple as that.

View attachment 278308

Is this the game where our title hopes end? We were pathetic today, our worst performance under my management. Zinedine Zidane got the better of me again as manager. I couldn't believe the ease that Rennes cut through us and again we failed to take chances. It's a tough time at the moment, a lot of injuries to our attacking players and no-one seems to be stepping up. Something needs to be done to ensure we don't lose our place in the top 3!

Lille v Nice

View attachment 277126

We're now on the final straight until the end of the season. From now on in the updates I will be including our rivals results and an updated league table game by game so you can see it all unfold. We start with a home game against Nice.

View attachment 277125

A comfortable 3-0 win from the lads! It was an easy victory but wasn't sealed until late on thanks to the own goal and Marko Basa's late goal. Now a look at how our rivals got on;

View attachment 277124
View attachment 277123
View attachment 277122

Above us, PSG slip up with a draw at Sochaux, Bordeaux, Monaco and St Etienne slip up underneath us. It's a very good weekend for ourselves, Lyon and Marseille.

Here's how it affects the top 7;

View attachment 277120

We open up at 5 point gap between ourselves and 3rd, whilst we also cut the gap at the top to 7 points with 7 games left, can we do it?

Bastia v Lille

View attachment 277085

We face a trip to Bastia next with every match becoming more important as we go on. Realistically we need to win every game from now until the end of the season and hope that PSG and Marseille slip up if we're going to win the league.

View attachment 277083

We did our job with a professional away performance. Rafinha, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Marvin Marvin got the goals today, hopefully this can be the start of a run.

How did our rivals get on?

View attachment 277082
View attachment 277081
View attachment 277080

PSG and Monaco both suffered surprise defeats!

View attachment 277079

The gap between us and new leaders Marseille is just 6 points!

March Overivew

View attachment 277074

It's been a good month overall for us as we've made ground on the leaders. Our aim is still to win the league but we know it'll take a massive effort to do so.

View attachment 277073

Player stats;

View attachment 277072

March player of the month;

View attachment 277071

Results March;

View attachment 277070

April fixtures;

View attachment 277069

A big month ahead with PSG and the Derby Du Nord to kick April off.

Finally some news of a managerial change;

View attachment 277067

Zinedine Zidane has taken the job at Hamburg!

Lille v Lens

View attachment 277042

We take on Lens in the second semi final of the season. We've played them more than any other team so I've been involved in my fair share of Derby Du Nord's. We need to take revenge from our penalty shoot out defeat in the Coupe de la Ligue.

View attachment 277041

The best way to get revenge on a team that beat you on penalties is to beat them on penalties! We should have won in normal time as we dominated and created chances for fun. It was such a relief to win on penalties as the fans couldn't have taken a second penalty shoot out defeat to our bitter rivals.

We're in our second Coupe de France final in 2 years! Here's how the other semi-final ended;

View attachment 277039

So that means it's a repeat of last years final!

View attachment 277037

Toulouse v Lille

View attachment 277035

Back to Ligue 1 action now and we face a trip to Toulouse. They've had a disappointing season but they pushed us all the way last season so we know this won't be an easy game.

View attachment 277034

A very entertaining game but not the result we wanted! A late goal saved a draw for us as it could so easily have been worse. Nolan Roux on his first start since his injury scored a brace to save us. Now we've got to hope the top 2 slipped up also.

View attachment 277031
View attachment 277030
View attachment 277029
View attachment 277028

They both won, as did St Etienne below us which means we have to start looking over our shoulder as well. Is that is for our title challenge this season?

View attachment 277027

Lille v St Etienne

View attachment 277017

Next up is St Etienne in another huge match. It's 3rd v 4th and we really need to win to keep the gap big between us and to keep pace with the top 2.

View attachment 277016

A poor defeat that definitely ends our title hopes. We dominated the match but as so often happens, they score with one of their few chances. We need to pick ourselves up for the Coupe de France final next!

Here's a look at how the other sides faired;

View attachment 277013
View attachment 277012
View attachment 277011

And the league table;

View attachment 277010

The gap is down to 1 point and that will be our focus in remaining games - ensuring we finish in the final Champions League position.

Marseille v Lille

View attachment 277008

It's now time for the Coupe de France final! We lost to today's opponents Marseille in last years final so there is an element of revenge in this one.

View attachment 277007

We play our strongest team of course with Ryan Mendes de Graca chosen ahead of Marion. Marseille play their usual defensive formation with the danger man being number 6 Lucas Ocampos, who scored twice in last years final.

View attachment 277001
View attachment 276999

We win the Coupe de France and deservedly so! Nolan Roux gave us an early lead but the unluckiest of own goals by Sebastian Corchia drew Marseille level against the run of play. Christian Fuchs was the hero with a wonder free kick with 3 minutes left of extra time!

This is my 2nd trophy in my time at Lille in my 4th final!

LOSC Lille - Coupe de France winners 2016

Reims v Lille

View attachment 276980

These next 3 games will make or break our season. We need to get the final Champions League spot otherwise this season will be seen as a failure - in my eyes at least! The first of our 3 mini-finals is a trip to over-achieving Reims.

View attachment 276979

A poor performance and it's our 2nd defeat on the bounce! We are letting our season fall away at the worst possible time. We now have two teams breathing down our necks - St Etienne and Lyon.

Here's how they got on this weekend;

View attachment 276978
View attachment 276977

Here's how those results affected the league table;

View attachment 276976

We stay in pole position and surely 2 wins out of 2 will get us Champions League football next season. This is bound to go right to the wire so here's a look at the 3 clubs remaining fixtures.

Lille's fixtures;

View attachment 276975

St Etienne's fixtures;

View attachment 276974

Lyon's fixtures;

View attachment 276973

And news of the first relegation of the season;

View attachment 276972

Lille v Sochaux

View attachment 276967

The final two games of the season and we know 2 wins should be enough. First up we have Sochaux at home, who are currently sitting in 19th place and looking doomed for the drop. We've lost the last 2 on the bounce so we need a much improved performance today.

View attachment 276966

A dominant performance and even more importantly a win. That puts us one step closer to that 3rd place finish that we need. Ryan Mendes de Graca was the hero today.

Here's how St Etienne and Lyon got on;

View attachment 276964
View attachment 276963

They both lost which virtually confirms our top 3 finish! Our local rivals Lens doing us a big favour by winning. This puts a lot less pressure on the final game of the season.

Also our victory confirmed the inevitable;

View attachment 276962

Looks like it's going to be a nail-biting finish in the race for Champions League!

Lorient v Lille

View attachment 276959

The final game of the season sees us play Lorient. We know that a draw will secure our place in the top 3 but to be honest even if we lose it'll take a major goal swing for St Etienne to overtake us.

View attachment 276958

We round off the season with a comfortable victory to seal our 3rd place finish. Champions League football next season, again we will enter at the qualification stage - I just hope we can do better than we did this season.

Back