LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

I know it's something I need to address, we do so well in cups because we can get motivated for big games. I'm working on it as we have 'smaller' teams in the rest of our league games

Its the tactics its unlikely to be "motivation". May be complacency to a point also ..

Nice v Lille

View attachment 290751

We've had an issue against the 'weaker' sides this season and with a very hard month coming up we need a win against mid-table Nice to set us up nicely for the hard run of fixtures ahead.

View attachment 290750

Probably my worst performance as manager. We need to change tactics for these kinds of games as they are derailing our league campaign. We could be right up there challenging for the title if we could beat these kinds of teams.

View attachment 290749

I lost my cool at the full time whistle and let the players know of my displeasure in the post-match team talk.

Lille v Valenciennes

View attachment 289533

Coupe de France semi-final time and we're up against Ligue 2 side Valenciennes. We are the strong favourites to progress but our recent form against weaker sides has been awful.

View attachment 289532

A comfortable win and we're through to our 2nd final of the season! We play Marseille again in the final, which means we've got them in both French cup finals! We're aiming for a cup double this season!

View attachment 289531

Marvin Martin is once again the stand out player with a goal and an assist. He has 16 assists for the season and really makes things tick for this team.

Coupe de La Ligue Final

View attachment 289530

Now a massive day for the club. The Coupe de la Ligue final and it's our first ever appearance in one! We're up against Marseille who are challenging for the Ligue 1 title. Can we bring the silverware home??

View attachment 289529

View attachment 289528

So far this season we've played them twice and beat them twice, but that counts for nothing on final day!

View attachment 289527

Here is the lineup I've gone with for this final. Kjaer and Basa at the heart of my defence, poor Hinteregger misses out on the big day. Delaplace picked over Belmont in the middle as I feel he gives us more going forward, and I can throw on Balmont if we're infront needing to protect a lead. Ibe and Origi start on the wings as they have the most pace. Unlucky Marion and Ryan Mendes de Graca. Their team doesn't throw up many suprises, I don't know much about Boutobba on the right wing but apart from that they're all regulars. Ocampos on the bench is a slight surprise as he's been in magnificent form this season.

View attachment 289526
View attachment 289525

What an event-packed match! But we win on penalties and claim our first ever Coupe de la Ligue!! I'm not happy with the two men for getting sent off though. We performed admirably with 9 men as it was 9 against 11 for a bit. It was a very feisty final as you can see with numerous yellows to go with the 3 reds. I thought we missed our chance when Ocampos equalised with minutes remaining but we held our nerve in the shooutout!

View attachment 289524

View attachment 289523

View attachment 289522

View attachment 289521

A lot of reaction from legends and from the board. A great day for the club!

View attachment 289520

View attachment 289519

I fined both Mavuba and Beria for their red cards. I told them that they owe a lot to the 9 men who won the final for them as they let us down big time.

Lille v Roma

View attachment 289508

Fresh of our cup triumph we face Roma in the Champions League last 8. We have surpassed all expectations to get this far and anything we achieve from here on in is beyond the clubs wildest dreams.

View attachment 289507

A really hard fought 1-0 win as we defended brilliantly. Confidence is high after the Coupe de la Ligue win and we prevented Roma from scoring an away goal, which is the biggest plus. All we have to do is avoid defeat in the Stade Olimpico now - easier said than done!

Lyon v Lille

View attachment 289506

Sandwiched in between our double header with Roma we have an important league game away at under-achieving Lyon.

View attachment 289505

A great away performance from the lads and this keeps us in pole position to grab that final Champions League spot. Ryan Mendes de Graca is the real hero of the day with a brace.

View attachment 289504

An obvious choice for man of the match in what was probably his best performance of the season!

Other news from Ligue 1 as the first team is relegated;

View attachment 289503

Roma v Lille

View attachment 287605

Sorry about the delay, I moved house last week and don't have internet yet so making the most of it at work :p

We have our massive away tie with Roma next. I feel we need a goal to progress to the semi-finals. This has been an amazing journey and I just wonder how far we can actually go now.

View attachment 287603

It wasn't the best of games but I don't mind that one bit! We are into the SEMI FINALS of the Champions League. We have been tremendous in our Champions League campaign and it just goes on and on - incredible!!

View attachment 287602

We drew Dortmund in the semi-finals. Arguably the most favourable of the 3 teams but it'll be a mammoth task to make it any further. With Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern all out it's not impossible to think we can win this...

Lille v Evian

View attachment 287601

There's no time to celebrate as we're straight back into league action against Evian at home, we still have to confirm this final Champions League place via the league.

View attachment 287600

Disappointing draw. 2-0 up against 2nd bottom in the league and being unable to see the game out is very disappointing. Toulouse keep slipping up behind us though so we're not getting punished for these dropped points.

April Overview

View attachment 287599

April was a big month for this club. We qualified for the semi-finals of the Champions League for the first time ever. Whatever happens now I'll take this as a successful season but we've still got 2 trophies to fight for and a top 3 place in the league to secure so the hard work starts now!

View attachment 287598

We stay 4 points ahead of Toulouse in the race for 3rd. I think Monaco are almost out of the running now as 6 points is a lot to catch up with only 4 games to go. At the bottom it looks like Evian will join Metz in Ligue 2 next season. The final relegation spot is a hard one to call though with 3 points separating 3 sides!

View attachment 287597

Nolan Roux has virtually got the golden boot wrapped up. His early season goalscoring form has set him way ahead of any challengers.

View attachment 287596

Sloan Privat wins the player of the month award for April.

A recap of our results this month;

View attachment 287595

And our fixtures for May;

View attachment 287594

Amazingly May is probably our busiest month of the season! It's definitely the most crucial as we have silverware and top 3 places to fight for. It's been a long, hard season and it comes down to this month. I'll be sure to give the lads a decent break once it's done as a reward for their incredible efforts throughout.

Lorient v Lille

View attachment 287593

We start May with a trip to mid-table Lorient as we need to push on and secure this 3rd spot!

View attachment 287592

Big, big win. Only 3 games left of the season and it's ours to lose now. I'm rotating the squad more than I have throughout the whole season at the moment and it's nice to see our other attackers scoring goals in Roux's absence.

View attachment 287591

Balmont was exceptional today. The experienced midfielder capped his performance with a rare goal and assist. When you add 80% pass completion and 100% tackle completion to that you get an almost faultless performance.

Lille v Dortmund

View attachment 287590

I never thought we'd get here but yet here we are. Champions League semi-final time and we face the German giants Borussia Dortmund! We beat Bayern earlier in the campaign so we know we are capable but can the lads step up to the mark to give us an advantage to defend in the second leg.

View attachment 287589

This time never fails to amaze me! Another wonderful European performance by the lads. Defensively we're so strong at the moment after keeping out Roma for 120 minutes we now hold off Dortmund in the first leg. Same situation as the Quarter Finals, an away goal in the second leg could kill it but the tie is far from over...

View attachment 287588

Marvin Martin has had an exceptional season and he rises to the big occasion once again! He scored the winner and is attracting plenty of interest from some of European footballs top clubs.

Lille v Metz

View attachment 287587

This is a big chance for us to secure 3rd spot and take the pressure off the final league games so we can concentrate on winning either of the remaining cup competitions.

View attachment 287585

This is definitely our worst defeat of the season. Already relegated Metz have done the double over us this season! They've barely won at all and yet we get 0 points of them! I made a lot of changes and the fringe players showed me they aren't quite up to the standards. Modibo Maiga was a handful and bagged himself a hat-trick.

Dortmund v Lille

View attachment 287580

We travel to Germany for the second leg of our Champions League semi-final clash with Borussia Dortmund. We hold a slender 1-0 lead from the first leg but I feel we need a goal here to progress as it'll be very hard to keep them out again.

View attachment 287568

We lost the game but we won the tie and we have made it to the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!! It was a back-to-the-wall job but we held on and Origi's goal a minue from time secured our place in the final!! What an achievement and can we go on to do the unthinkable and WIN the Champions League?!?!

View attachment 287567

He got man of the match in both legs and is coming to his best form at the best possible point of the season. He'll be a big player for us in the final.

View attachment 287566

The press react to Lille reaching their first ever Champions League final!

View attachment 287565

We will face Juventus, who performed a great second leg comeback to knock out Manchester City.

Montpellier v Lille

View attachment 287562

It's hard not to get carried away with what the club achieved in mid-week but we have to focus on Ligue 1 now as we travel to Montpellier.

View attachment 287561

We got a draw but probably deserved more. Nolan Roux gave us the perfect start but we failed to push on from there and got punished with the equaliser.

It didn't matter though because...

View attachment 287560

We have secured 3rd place which means we will be playing in the Champions League next season. At the moment we will enter at the qualifying stage but that will all change should we win the competition this season!

View attachment 287559

Evian's relegation was also confirmed despite them winning.

Just read through this, really great story man! Your form in Europe is unreal, good luck in the final!

Lille v Toulouse

View attachment 287558

The last game of the Ligue 1 season and it's a chance to rest players with the Coupe de France final on the horizon. We've achieved what I wanted with a Champions League spot so we go into this game with no pressure and a chance to impress.

View attachment 287545

The pressure was off and it showed as we produced one of our best attacking displays of the Ligue 1 season. Our front 3 all scored and it was a perfect way to cap off what's been a great league campaign.

View attachment 287544

This is becoming a theme at the moment as Marvin Martin is ending the season on fire. Another 9.00 rating as he goes into the finals on the form of his life.

View attachment 287543

Nantes were relegated on a nervous last day at the bottom.

Ligue 1 Overview 2014-15

View attachment 287542

The Ligue 1 has come to an end for the 2014-15 season and it's been an exciting one. Lots of drama, the race for the title went all the way. The race for 3rd and relegation were also hotly contested throughout the season, here's how the table ended;

View attachment 287541

PSG ended up as Champions after Marseille held the lead for most of the season. Lille claimed the final Champions League place with Monaco and Toulouse competing in the Europa League next season.

Nantes, Evian and Metz were all relegated to Ligue 2 as we welcome Tours, Angers and Sochaux to Ligue 1 next season.

View attachment 287540

Nolan Roux claimed the highest average rating in the league, beating off competition from the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic!

The end of Ligue 1 season awards;

Golden Boot
View attachment 287538

Manager of the Season;
View attachment 287537

Player of the Year;
View attachment 287535

Young Player of the Year;
View attachment 287534

Team of the Season;
View attachment 287533