LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

Rennes v Lille

View attachment 291217

Next up is Rennes and a chance for me to go up against one of my idols - Zizou! I've been looking forward to this since he was appointed and I just hope we can get a positive result.

View attachment 291216

Nope! Fair enough Rennes deserved it. It was a tight match and they took their chance - it was only every going to be one goal in it. We fall further behind the top two though and now have Toulouse breathing down our neck.

View attachment 291215

Beria getting man of the match is very small consolation in defeat...

Schalke v Lille

View attachment 291214

We travel to Gelsenkirchen for a massive Champions League night. We made it to the knock out rounds but Schalke will not be easy. We have beaten Porto (twice), Bayern, Liverpool (twice) and Shakhtar (twice) in this seasons competition already but I'll take a score draw before kick off.

View attachment 291212

Amazing, amazing, amazing! We defy the odds once again in Europe to come away with a 2 goal lead and 3 away goals! The tie isn't over yet but we have a great chance on making it through to the quarter finals! Roux, Balmont and Martin were the heroes on the night!

View attachment 291211

Mavuba gets man of the match, as he seems to do in a few of these big games. He's a player for the big occasions and I'm proud to call him our club captain.

View attachment 291210

Another injury and this time it's to Florent Balmont. We pick up a lot of injuries and maybe it's time to consider toning down our approach, although it's one of our main strengths.

Lille v Guingamp

View attachment 291205

After that amazing night in Schalke we return to league action and home to Guingamp. I want us to keep up our momentum and push on in the league to make sure we're experiencing Champions League nights again next season.

View attachment 291204

The less said about this game the better. Furious with my players, they can't seem to get themselves up for the games against lower opposition. We need to finish in the top 3 this season and we're making very hard work of it considering our strong start to the season. Marvin Martin got it in the ear the most after his horror tackle got him sent off after 5 minutes and put the team up against it for most of the game.

Last edited:
PSG v Lille

View attachment 291200

After two league defeats on the bounce, the last thing we needed was a trip to in-form PSG. We needed to win this game if we were still serious about a title challenge.

View attachment 291199

We got a battering, one of our hardest games of the season, along with Bayern away. We were never really in the game and the most dissapointing aspect is Kjaer's red card in injury time, meaning we've had two in two games now. I don't like to see us losing our discipline and it's coming at the worst time possible with so many big games coming up.

February Overview

View attachment 291190

February has been a poor month in the league but a good one in the cups. Our win at Schalke was the definite highlight.

View attachment 291189

Our title challenge ended this month as we now sit 12 points off top spot. We move behind Toulouse who have had a fantastic month and we need to ensure we finish above them for Champions League football next season.

View attachment 291188

Roux is surely on course for the golden boot this season!

View attachment 291187

No surprise to see a Toulouse player win it as they were probably the on-form team in February (unfortunately for us)

An overview of our results for February;

View attachment 291186

And our March fixtures;

View attachment 291185

Every game is big from now until the end of the season, it's hard to prioritise games now.

Lille v Monaco

View attachment 291183

We face Monaco with a chance of reaching our second semi final of the season - we need to improve on recent performances though if we are to stand a chance.

View attachment 291182

A great performance as the team showed great character considering recent results. Monaco played a weakened side oddly but we progress to the semi finals with ease.

View attachment 291181

Marvin Martin got man of the match but this could have gone to any of my players on the day, we were that good and I'm so glad to be able to say that after recent results.

View attachment 291180

We got a favourable draw in the semi finals against Ligue 2 side Valenciennes! It looks like it could be another final against Marseille coming up!

Lille v Marseille

View attachment 290933

We face top of the table Marseille. Whilst our title hopes are all but over, we're very much in the battle for the final Champions League place so we need to start picking up wins, starting now!

View attachment 290932

A big win which means we've done the double over Marseille this season! Delaplace has hit very good goalscoring form, but yet again it's Nolan Roux who is the match winner. Reid's penalty in injury time made it a nervy end but we held on and got the win!

View attachment 290931

Roux again voted man of the match - he's a shoe in for our player of the season. It's not just his goals, but his all round performances which have impressed. Definitely a big game player.

View attachment 290930

We get way too many injuries! Beria picks up a knock, which means a chance for Youssouf Kone to impress as he's our only other left back in the squad.

Lille v Schalke

View attachment 290915

On the back of two big wins and two clean sheets we go into our match against Schalke very confident of maintaining our first leg lead and progressing to the next round.

View attachment 290914

A tame match but that's what we were after - we're in the Champions League quarter finals!! Little old Lille are with the big boys of Europe! When we drew Porto in the qualifying rounds I was expecting to be knocked out then, but we won. And then a group with Shakhtar, Liverpool and Bayern I thought we had no nope. We're still alive though and are proving to be a really tough team to beat in Europe.

View attachment 290913

Marvin Martin
got man of the match, he was the match winner and it was a real quality strike to win the game! He's upped his game massively after a quiet start to the season. He's a real key player for this team now.

View attachment 290912

Roma up next for us. We definitely could of got a tougher draw but they overturned a first leg deficit against Real Madrid in the last round by beating them 4-1 so we're still underdogs. I would rather play the 2nd leg at home but that's not too much of an issue. This team seem to thrive on being the underdogs and lets see how far that can take us! If we do manage to get through Roma we're into the semi's and who knows what might happen from there on in...

Lille - Champions of Europe

Has a certain ring to it.

Caen v Lille

View attachment 290905

We've had a real struggle with motivation against smaller sides this season. In the big games we're brilliant and we need to be winning these games if we want to achieve.

View attachment 290904

More dropped points, and the frustration against lower sides grows on. Caen are having a good season but this is a game we should be winning. We've just beaten Monaco, Marseille and Schalke in a row for Christ sake!

View attachment 290903

Delaplace joins a busy treatment room. :(

Lille v Monaco

View attachment 290897

We end the month how we started it, with a home game against Monaco. This time it's in Ligue 1 and we desperately need to points to consolidate that last Champions League place.

View attachment 290896

It's another win against one of the 'bigger' sides as we make that 3 wins out of 3 against Monaco this season! Nolan Roux scoring the winner in the last ten minutes! I have had a pound for every Nolan Roux winner I'd be rich by now!

View attachment 290895

Today the plaudits go to Jordon Ibe who was phenomenal. He was a constant menace all game and the Monaco back line couldn't handle his movement and pace.

March Overview

View attachment 290894

March has pretty much summed up our season. Some big wins against top sides (especially in the cups) and yet faltering in the league in games we should be winning.

View attachment 290893

We sit in the final Champions League place and have probably knocked Monaco out of the running for it with that win at the end of the month, meaning it'll be a two horse race between us and Toulouse. They've struggled more than us this month as the season seems to be catching up on them.

View attachment 290892

Roux is 6 goals ahead and surely can't be caught now! A contender for player of the season in Ligue 1.

View attachment 290891

Impressive from young Cornet as Lyon hit form this month. He may be worth looking at in the summer with Origi's loan deal ending. We will be on the lookout for a backup striker/winger.

Now a recap of our March results;

View attachment 290890

And our fixtures for April;

View attachment 290889

A massive month! I count 7 must win games there as this will be the defining point of our season. We have our first final of the season too against Marseille, a game I cannot wait for! With Roma around the corner in the Champions League just 3 days after it'll be tough to keep my squad fit and fresh. I don't know how I'm going to cope with it to be honest as I can't really afford to sacrifice one for the other.

Any advice? Should I rest players in league to try and win cup/advance in CL or should I rest players in cups to ensure I finish in CL positions in the league? What competition should be the top of our agenda with 2 months left of the season?

Last edited:
Strong team first game, rest second, strongest third game, strong fourth, strong fiths, strongest sixth, rest 7th!

Strong team first game, rest second, strongest third game, strong fourth, strong fiths, strongest sixth, rest 7th!

Yeah I've earmarked Valenciennes and Evian as the 'easier' games this month, although the first is a cup semi final! I'm obviously prioritising the cup final as I'd rather win silverware and come 4th than win nothing and come 3rd

Looks like theres something wrong with your tactics/the way you approach matches against weaker opposition mate.

Looks like theres something wrong with your tactics/the way you approach matches against weaker opposition mate.

I know it's something I need to address, we do so well in cups because we can get motivated for big games. I'm working on it as we have 'smaller' teams in the rest of our league games