LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

• Thread starter Thread starter SeanKeaney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 75K
Coupe de France Final

View attachment 287532

Coupe de France final against Marseille now. We beat them in the Coupe de la Ligue final on penalties, but we were reduced to 9 men. We hope for a cleaner game and our 2nd trophy of the season!

View attachment 287531

I pick the strongest team available with the possible exception of Kjaer. They pick a very strong team with Ocampos scoring 2 against us in the previous final.

View attachment 287530

We were outplayed and Marseille were deserved winners of the cup. I'm disappointed that my team didn't turn up today and it worries me with the Champions League final around the corner. Lucas Ocampos is our nemesis once again with another 2 goals against us.

Champions League Final

View attachment 287520

It's Champions League final time and who would've thought that we would be here!!

View attachment 287519

We received some gut-wrenching news just days before the final...

View attachment 287517

Jonathan Delaplace misses the chance of a lifetime. He may not have started but he is an important first team member and he will be gutted to miss out.

View attachment 287516

We make 2 changes from the Coupe de France final defeat. In come Marion and Kjaer for Ibe and Hinteregger, who fails to even make the bench today. Their team is incredibly strong with the likes of Marchisio and Morata on the bench!

View attachment 287515

We came so close, but yet so far! We were outplayed on the day but remained in the game thanks to some resolute defending. Roux equalised instantly after their early goal and when it went into extra-time I was praying for penalties as our best chance of winning. Juventus showed their strength in depth with Morata coming on to win them the Champions Leauge. Congratulations Juentus.

View attachment 287512

The Champions League Best XI was announced and we're very pleased to see Marvin Martin make the team. That's some achievement from the guy who in his wildest dreams couldn't have imagined he'd make that team!

End of Season Round-Up

View attachment 287510

It's been an incredible first season in management. Making the Champions League final is the obvious stand out but winning the Coupe de la Ligue in my first season is a massive achievement too. This team surpassed all my expectations for the season and I can't thank them enough for their efforts!

Here is our best XI of the season;

View attachment 287509View attachment 287508

I was surprised to see Ryan Mendes de Graca get in there ahead of Ibe and Marion. Apart from that the team picks itself.

View attachment 287507

The fans player of the year was announced and Marvin Martin won. His end of season form was brilliant, with the full backs coming in 2nd and 3rd. I was surprised not to see Nolan Roux in the top 3.

Now for a round up of all the other cups and tables across Europe's main leagues;

Europa League
View attachment 287497

England;

Premiership
View attachment 287502

Championship
View attachment 287501
View attachment 287500

FA Cup
View attachment 287499

Capital One Cup
View attachment 287498

Germany
View attachment 287495

Spain
View attachment 287494

Italy
View attachment 287492

Holland
View attachment 287491

Portugal
View attachment 287490

Scotland
View attachment 287488

2015-16 Season Transfer News

View attachment 287486

View attachment 287481

We look forward to the new season and my personal expectations rise a little higher. It's going to be almost impossible to repeat the achievements in the Champions League from last season and my focus this year is to push for the title. I feel we are good enough to compete with PSG and Marseille, especially with the right recruitment.

Origi and Ibe's loan deals finished and they return to Liverpool. Meaning we have some spaces to fill so here's a quick look at the transfer business we have done so far (just the incoming);

View attachment 287485View attachment 287484View attachment 287483View attachment 287482

Unlucky in the final! Still a fantastic first season. Some great signings as well! I have Rafinha on loan in my story and he has been top class so far.

Unlucky in the final! Still a fantastic first season. Some great signings as well! I have Rafinha on loan in my story and he has been top class so far.

Yeah I've read your story and he looks brilliant!

Brilliant story, just caught up with it. Unlucky with the two finals as well, still a cracking season though. If you funds stretch try get Cabaye back?

Brilliant story, just caught up with it. Unlucky with the two finals as well, still a cracking season though. If you funds stretch try get Cabaye back?

Cheers! I've looked at it but he had a good season last season and I think they're guna want too much. Was hoping he would be a back-up player for them but apparently not.

Just noticed the signings of Aubameyang Rafinha and Jese, did well there. Improvements on Ibe and Origi I think.

When's the new season starting?

I've not played for about a week due to moving etc. Hoping to start it tonight/tomorrow. I'm getting the internet today (hopefully) so will be able to post from home. I'm very excited about the new season starting!!

I'm going to have to take a short break from this as my internet now won't be on until next Tuesday! :( as soon as it's up this story will return!

Back