Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

Do you all think Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, AC, Inter, Juve, Valencia etc etc will all be "breaking even" by the time these rules are supposed to come to effect? ofcourse they ******* wont. I find it very sad that people are so upset about Citys spending power that they chuckle over uninforceable rules that will neve happen the way they think they will.

What will Uefa do? Ban all these clubs from entering european compotition? Don't be ******* daft. European football would be a laughing stock. It's a simple case of Uefa wanting to be seen to be doing something effective.

How the **** is it fair that a club with NO debt like Man City who is owned by a man who wishes to put his own money into is deemed a bad thing, Yet united and many other clubs are in hidious amounts of debt are not even mention. And what, Their fans think this will not effect them? If anything it would be much worse for them.

The propsed rules ARE unworkable and i am willing to bet with any of you lot here that they do not ban any one from europe. They will not be "Rules" they will be "Guidlines"

You people must think Sheikh Mansour is a ******* moron. He made over 2.5 BILLION dollars in a single 2 month business deal last year yet he is so stupid he didn't figure the proposed FFF rulings into his plans? Don't be so stupid. His people have been on top of this **** sorting things out since before any of you guys even knew about it.

Don't be so ******* Naieve.

As much as your point is fair.. I don't think you need to swear so much to get your point across.

Do you all think Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, AC, Inter, Juve, Valencia etc etc will all be "breaking even" by the time these rules are supposed to come to effect? ofcourse they ******* wont. I find it very sad that people are so upset about Citys spending power that they chuckle over uninforceable rules that will neve happen the way they think they will.

What will Uefa do? Ban all these clubs from entering european compotition? Don't be ******* daft. European football would be a laughing stock. It's a simple case of Uefa wanting to be seen to be doing something effective.

How the **** is it fair that a club with NO debt like Man City who is owned by a man who wishes to put his own money into is deemed a bad thing, Yet united and many other clubs are in hidious amounts of debt are not even mention. And what, Their fans think this will not effect them? If anything it would be much worse for them.

The propsed rules ARE unworkable and i am willing to bet with any of you lot here that they do not ban any one from europe. They will not be "Rules" they will be "Guidlines"

You people must think Sheikh Mansour is a ******* moron. He made over 2.5 BILLION dollars in a single 2 month business deal last year yet he is so stupid he didn't figure the proposed FFF rulings into his plans? Don't be so stupid. His people have been on top of this **** sorting things out since before any of you guys even knew about it.

Fair points, but was there need for such excessive swearing? :$

Think this is going to be an excellent signing for City, I'm just hoping it takes him a little while to settle for the benefit of United. If he starts in excellent form and scores goals, then City could prove unstoppable. If he kicks off next season, then it will give us and everyone else a chance to spend to strengthen our squads aswell.

I still really don't know how good he's going to be. I never wish a player does badly.. but I have mixed feelings about him coming to the Premier League and hitting the ground running.. perhaps we should wait till next season before we judge him properly.

You say that Man City shouldn't be punished for having no debt, because they have an owner that clears it. Yet you use United as an example of a club who are in debt, yet they have been burdened with it by their owners. It's a poor argument saying owners are good for putting your club out of debt, and then saying debt is bad when it is caused by owners. Stop twisting things to argue your point.

Where did anyone say he's a moron? Many people on this board have noticed and pointed out that City are spending now so that they don't have to do it in the future, I'm pretty sure that's the Sheikh taking into account the new rules, no?

I think they want the rules in to enhance competition, it does no good for Domestic and European COMPETITION, if one club has a significant monetary advantage. Would you like golf players to be able to buy an expensive club, but which gives them a significant advantage over others, after all, they want to buy it?

If the rules are so unworkable, and clubs will not take heed of them anyway, why are City desperately trying to cut their wage budget and have increased their spending massively this season?

What difference does the size of a business transaction make to his business acumen? People who trade oil tend to make a lot, have you not noticed?

You contradict yourself, saying that clubs from Europe won't follow the rules implemented by UEFA, and then say that your chairmen wouldn't ignore them. Surely it has to be one or the other?

Apologies if my coarse language offends some but i've heard the same stupid comments spat out over and over again for the last 2 years. "When Citys Suggar Daddy leaves you're screwed"... "When the FFF Rules come in you're screwed"... It's all bitter nonesense spouted by people upset by Citys wealth and who are desperate to see it end.

All you have to do is look at it from a more logical standpoint and realise that NO teams in Europe are making a profit, therefore Uefa would have to ban everyone. People say "ooh City will be screwed" because that's what they hear down the pub, In the papers and from bitter posters on forums. But the fact is they're laughing thinking City are screwed but not realising the bogus rules would probably hurt their own club WAAAAY more.

Uefa would have to ban everyone. United, City, Barca, Real Madrid, Inter, AC... EVERYONE! all the way down to Lech Poznan and FC Cluj because none of the European clubs are even close to breaking even and they probably never will The financial system in football has gone too far astray for Uefa to shoot off at the mouth about it now. They're trying to close the stable door when the horse has bolted a long time ago.

That's why the top guys at City are not concerned by these BS proposals. And it's why i'm not either... THEY ARE UNWORKABLE!

You say that Man City shouldn't be punished for having no debt, because they have an owner that clears it. Yet you use United as an example of a club who are in debt, yet they have been burdened with it by their owners. It's a poor argument saying owners are good for putting your club out of debt, and then saying debt is bad when it is caused by owners. Stop twisting things to argue your point.

You really can't see the differance between one owner clearing a clubs debt being a good thing and another **** owner saddling a club with debt being a bad thing?

Which of those owners and clubs should be punished... ?

You contradict yourself, saying that clubs from Europe won't follow the rules implemented by UEFA, and then say that your chairmen wouldn't ignore them. Surely it has to be one or the other?

Where did i say clubs "Won't follow" the rules? The point i am making is these rules are Unworkable.. You would have to ban every single club that isn't self sufficiant. Isn't that pretty much all of them? It's all Bollocks and if you would just step back and look at it properly you would see this.

Last edited:
Most of the clubs you mentioned are taking measures to increase their revenue and reduce costs to balance the books. Barca took out a massive sponsorship deal for the first time to help cover it, for example. If UEFA do nothing then clubs finances are going to get worst and worst, not better; that's not good for the game.

I guess that's partialy why real City fans are not concerned about Uefas bully boy "fair play ruling" tactics. Because at the end of the day we will always be Man City. Rich or poor, Successfull or ****... Either way suits us fine ;)

Quite apart from please sparing us the overemotional "I HEART MY CLUB" bollocks, "bully boy" tactics? You do realise that these rules are designed to be the complete opposite, right? They're trying to even out the playing field, make it fairer for all clubs.

Uninforcable? Hardly. They can, and will, enforce them. You missed out one rather large European club from that mix, a certain club called Arsenal F.C. Arsenal manage to break even, even make a profit, so why can't at least some others do that too? I, for one, will be ******* my pants laughing when Arsenal benefit from these new rules and financial powerhouses like City will be hit with them.

Fine them? Restrict the number of players they can buy? Restrict squad numbers? Allow them only to spend a certain amount in a transfer window? The punishment possibilities are endless, really. You underestimate FIFA.

It's not fair, but on the other hand how is City having millions to spend and Blackpool having 500k fair either? Life, and in this case football, isn't fair. United will be hit as well as City if and when these rules come into effect, it's just that City's huge spending bill is far far more obvious when it comes to explaining these rules.

You seem to be confusing business acumen with intelligence. Paris Hilton is a millionaire, yet she's quite obviously a complete moron. Same goes for most celebrities: Rooney is very rich, but I wouldn't want him teaching me anything that doesn't involve a football.

I want to make it clear, though, that I don't think the Sheikh is an idiot. That said, I also don't think he understands FIFA quite yet, and more to the point doesn't understand these rules. "His people" can only do so much. They know they're going to get hit by these rules, it's all a matter of how much by.

Apologies if my coarse language offends some but i've heard the same stupid comments spat out over and over again for the last 2 years. "When Citys Suggar Daddy leaves you're screwed"... "When the FFF Rules come in you're screwed"... It's all bitter nonesense spouted by people upset by Citys wealth and who are desperate to see it end.
I assure you I'm not bitter, nor do I want City's wealth to end, but both of those statements are true. If Mansour left, you'd be screwed. When the FFF rules come in, you may well be hampered.

All you have to do is look at it from a more logical standpoint and realise that NO teams in Europe are making a profit, therefore Uefa would have to ban everyone. People say "ooh City will be screwed" because that's what they hear down the pub, In the papers and from bitter posters on forums. But the fact is they're laughing thinking City are screwed but not realising the bogus rules would probably hurt their own club WAAAAY more.
Really? I already debunked your "no teams in Europe" theory with Arsenal. My club, Aston Villa, will be affected FAR less than City let me assure you. We have debt, yes, but Lerner is turning this club back into a profitable one after a few years of spending big.

Uefa would have to ban everyone. United, City, Barca, Real Madrid, Inter, AC... EVERYONE! all the way down to Lech Poznan and FC Cluj because none of the European clubs are even close to breaking even and they probably never will The financial system in football has gone too far astray for Uefa to shoot off at the mouth about it now. They're trying to close the stable door when the horse has bolted a long time ago.
So Arsenal will win the Champions Legaue. Great!

That's why the top guys at City are not concerned by these BS proposals. And it's why i'm not either... THEY ARE UNWORKABLE!
Alright, just suppose they're not? What happens then?

Last edited:
If the rules do come in and they ban everyone with a debt, Arsenal will win the tournament every year! :'(

Quite apart from please sparing us the overemotional "I HEART MY CLUB" bollocks, "bully boy" tactics? You do realise that these rules are designed to be the complete opposite, right? They're trying to even out the playing field, make it fairer for all clubs.

Uninforcable? Hardly. They can, and will, enforce them. You missed out one rather large European club from that mix, a certain club called Arsenal F.C. Arsenal manage to break even, even make a profit, so why can't at least some others do that too? I, for one, will be ******* my pants laughing when Arsenal benefit from these new rules and financial powerhouses like City will be hit with them.

Fine them? Restrict the number of players they can buy? Restrict squad numbers? Allow them only to spend a certain amount in a transfer window? The punishment possibilities are endless, really. You underestimate FIFA.

It's not fair, but on the other hand how is City having millions to spend and Blackpool having 500k fair either? Life, and in this case football, isn't fair. United will be hit as well as City if and when these rules come into effect, it's just that City's huge spending bill is far far more obvious when it comes to explaining these rules.

You seem to be confusing business acumen with intelligence. Paris Hilton is a millionaire, yet she's quite obviously a complete moron. Same goes for most celebrities: Rooney is very rich, but I wouldn't want him teaching me anything that doesn't involve a football.

I want to make it clear, though, that I don't think the Sheikh is an idiot. That said, I also don't think he understands FIFA quite yet, and more to the point doesn't understand these rules. "His people" can only do so much. They know they're going to get hit by these rules, it's all a matter of how much by.

Pretty much what I was trying to say, probably achieved it better than me though. (A)

Dzekos wage is rumoured to be about 7.5m pounds and signing on fee 2.5m. Thats pretty huge wages... i am fu**ing sure that they wouldn't offer that much if they were concerned with their wage bill. They dont even seem to have any hurry to clear players like Ade from the wage bill.

They really have plans and they have much more information inside the club. I really believe they know what they are doing :D

If the rules do come in and they ban everyone with a debt, Arsenal will win the tournament every year! :'(

Precisely, and it will be absolutely ****-your-pants funny for me at any rate. Everton and Arsenal battling it out for Champions League glory, fantastic.

Do Villa not make a profit? They're usually pretty tight with their cash and they make a profit on a lot of the players they sell (Milner and Barry for two).

You really can't see the differance between one owner clearing a clubs debt being a good thing and another **** owner saddling a club with debt being a bad thing?

Which of those owners and clubs should be punished... ?

Where did i say clubs "Won't follow" the rules? The point i am making is these rules are Unworkable.. You would have to ban every single club that isn't self sufficiant. Isn't that pretty much all of them? It's all Bollocks and if you would just step back and look at it properly you would see this.

I didn't say there wasn't a difference. Your argument is that City shouldn't be punished BECAUSE OF THEIR OWNER, and then say United should be punished BECAUSE OF THEIR OWNER, you can't say two separate clubs should receive opposite repercussions from the same root cause. It's not about good owners and bad owners, bad owners are what they're trying to remove from football after all.

If you're saying the rules are unworkable and won't be enforced, then you are implying clubs won't be following them. Why would they follow them if they won't be punished?

Do Villa not make a profit? They're usually pretty tight with their cash and they make a profit on a lot of the players they sell (Milner and Barry for two).

When you're paying people like Steve Sidwell 40k a week, it's hard not to be a bit loose with your cash. O'Neill was an awful user of cash (good manager overall he was though) and left us saddled with quite a few flops on high wages. Houllier, for all his faults, is steadying our wage bill and bringing through youngsters on low wages, as well as selling off the badly performing high earners like Sidwell, Carew and Davies. We'll be alright after this season, I reckon.

Villa must love City for the profit they generate from them. :p

FFF is not about banning clubs in debts. Its banning club from european competition who records losses. United can have any amount of debt, if we can make profits, then we can compete in European competition. I'm very sure we wont be affected much as it forces Glazer to either Sell the club or make loan repayments so that our major chunk of profits wont be used for repayments.

City with their massive wage bill, have to offload many players to stay green which is very hard. They had revenue like 123Million and Wage bill of 131 Million isn't it.

Villa must love City for the profit they generate from them. :p

We also love the way Barry's turned into absolute cack, and Milner's been wasted. Barry's welcome to his grand new world, but I'd take Milner back any day if he gets bored of all the training ground fights between spoilt young millionaires. ;)

Ha Ha Ha... Let's all watch the thrilling CL which involves the 3 teams that can break even LOOOOL. The vast Majority of clubs in Europe including pretty much All the traditional "Big Boys" aren't even close to breaking even and they won't be for a very very long time. Uefa will either kill it's own brand or realise they are being stupid.

So Arsenal will win the Champions Legaue. Great. More to the point, dunno where you're getting this "ban from European competitions" thing from, sounds like you've just made it up and ran with it.
Have you even read the Fair play ruling proposals? Clubs who do not break even will be banned from competing in European COMPETITON (Is that better now Joel?) |)

We also love the way Barry's turned into absolute cack, and Milner's been wasted. Barry's welcome to his grand new world, but I'd take Milner back any day if he gets bored of all the training ground fights between spoilt young millionaires
It's good to see that Barry is as underrated here as he was at Villa. Very good player having a good season. Only Joe Hart and Vinnie Kompany has played more games than him this season. Milner has also started to show form and will get much better playing alongside the talent we have at City.

We battered your sad lot just the other day (as usual) so please... SHhhh! ;)

Last edited:
Ha Ha Ha... Let's all watch the thrilling CL which involves the 3 teams that can break even LOOOOL. The vast Majority of clubs in Europe including pretty much All the traditional "Big Boys" aren't even close to breaking even and they won't be for a very very long time. Uefa will either kill it's own brand or realise they are being stupid.

Have you even read the Fair play ruling proposals? Clubs who do not break even will be banned from competing in European COMPETITON (Is that better now Joel?) |)
Lol so your way of dealing with the incoming FFF rules is to delude yourself that they're never going to happen? Niase.