Man Utd have signed a Portuguese Forward

Never heard of him and this confirms hopefully that Ozil is out of the Man Utd picture,really 7.4 million for a striker no one has even heard off and they already have4 good strikers in Rooney,Berbatov,Owen,Hernandez and a back-up in Welbeck and Macheda...they are already stacked in this department I thought a midfielder or Prospective Goalkeeper was their biggest worries

Welbeck has gone to Sunderland on loan, as has Diouf.

This kid will probably play cup games and reserve games until he's physically suited to the English game. Don't expect to see him until next season at the earliest..

Im excited about this signing, he is young, tall and powerfull. And with good help he will be one to look out for.

Never heard of him and this confirms hopefully that Ozil is out of the Man Utd picture,really 7.4 million for a striker no one has even heard off and they already have4 good strikers in Rooney,Berbatov,Owen,Hernandez and a back-up in Welbeck and Macheda...they are already stacked in this department I thought a midfielder or Prospective Goalkeeper was their biggest worries
fergie tends to buy these players, not many people had heard of evra, vidic, a few more had heard of ronaldo. and no we're not out of the picture with ozil at all, we've actually met with the bremen officials. buying bebe isnt mutually exclusive to buying ozil, different positions and rankings entire. ozil would be straight into teh side, this guy is very unlikely to be seen this season

SAF acted quick as Madrid wanted ro sign him. Lets see what this lad is all about and people grow up, at least give him chance before writting him off.

Did the same with Smalling when Arsenal declared interest in signing him, a spur of the moment decision. I imagine they would of waited another season before signing Bebe but Real Madrid interest obviously meant he may of missed out.

it is alot of money to spend on a player that is really unknown but as people have said fergie dosent waste money but then again every manager signs some awfull players even red chops im afraid.

it is alot of money to spend on a player that is really unknown but as people have said fergie dosent waste money but then again every manager signs some awfull players even red chops im afraid.
we havent even seen him, and hes had to move for since madrid were moving in too. being unknown is fairly irrelevant to be honest, its about whether he proves to be value for money.

Here is Bebe in action.

Note he looks more like an wide midfielder than a striker oO) likes to cross a lot, he is the guy with the long hair:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwq_E4Pg144"]YouTube- Bebé new star manchester united!!![/ame]

He has a good game, very talented but needs improvement. However the fact is if Fergie has made the right desicion or not is yet to be seen. The price tag may seem unreasonable now, but we are yet to see him play.

It seems he's not JUST a striker. Got this on a different site:

Info from the reliable poster Joelzinho on BigSoccer:

Quote:
So basically, hes not a striker. He plays as an AM, but Victoria were testing him out as a striker in pre - season. I am kind of surprise Bebe himself choose to switch sides so fast, because Victoria Guimareas is actually a pretty big club in Portugal. They have a religious following up there. Myself I had never heard of him. Its even more surprising that one of the Lisbon outfit Sporting or Benfica didn`t spot him first...especially Sporting.

I was just talking to my cousin, and he said he went to a Victoria Pre- Season game, and he didn't know who Bebe was either, but by the end of the game, he said you could see it was obvious that he was oozing talent and better then most of the people on the field. He said hes really fast and calm on the ball. He told me that Jose Mourinho was also tracking him since last year and that was the reason why Madrid was making inquiries. Also, he said when he was on he played in the hole behind the strikers

It seems that he plays the ozil role in that hole between the strikers and midfield, it'll be interesting how he developes and if he lives up to his price tag

Well Cristiano Ronaldo was regarded as a striker back in Portugal before he came to Man Utd, so I won't be surprised if this guy turns out to be an attacking midfielder.

Well Cristiano Ronaldo was regarded as a striker back in Portugal before he came to Man Utd, so I won't be surprised if this guy turns out to be an attacking midfielder.

No he wasn't.. He was a winger.. "The next Figo"

While Mame is away at Blackburn, at least Nani will be able to look after Bebe.

¬_¬ He didn't when i made that post. It was made around 9 last night.<)

fergie tends to buy these players, not many people had heard of evra, vidic, a few more had heard of ronaldo. and no we're not out of the picture with ozil at all, we've actually met with the bremen officials. buying bebe isnt mutually exclusive to buying ozil, different positions and rankings entire. ozil would be straight into teh side, this guy is very unlikely to be seen this season
According to the guardian we have met with werder bremen officials. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a load of bullshit.

Like sunilvk said, looks like he might be a midfielder. Which would make a bit more sense since 8 senior strikers seems a bit excessive.

¬_¬ He didn't when i made that post. It was made around 9 last night.<)

According to the guardian we have met with werder bremen officials. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a load of bullshit.

Like sunilvk said, looks like he might be a midfielder. Which would make a bit more sense since 8 senior strikers seems a bit excessive.
guardian tends to be pretty accurate re: united, and fergies views on ozil have been a definite turn around. this guy may have potential but hes unlikely to play a major part in this season, whereas ozil would if he were to be signed

I am Slightly Suprised we have gone for another Striker, We have Herdanez, Owen, Rooney, Berbatov and Macheda, Whilst Diouf and Welbeck are out on loan. So that is 7 good strikers available to play in the next 2 years, He might turn out to be brilliant, but to me, this seems strange