Man Utd v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 238
  • Views Views 10K
Pretty well said i must say spot on to be honest

Personally, I think chelsea had the much better 1st half, and United had the much better 2nd half.

Neither team really created many chances.

The difference is Drogba finished his, Berbatov hit his volley into the ground. Could have easily been a draw.

You know some fans actually go to the game. It takes time to get back from the match but Chelsea fans wouldn't know that would they (6)

Em overall I think Chelsea did deserve to win, they were in control in the first half and although on the back foot in the second half they seemed reasonably comfortable. I pretty sure we should have had a pen with Park but listening to the radio on the way back it would appear they should have had a pen aswell although I can't remember that. Same goes with Drogba, it was offside but on the radio that Macheda's goal was handball. I didnt notice anything but I am half blind. :D Overall Chelsea deserved the win, we could of snatched anything but didn't really look like scoring. Well played Chelsea and this makes the run in even more interesting.

yeah chelsea fans dont know what its like to take ages to get back from a home game cause they actually live near there club :P sorry just had to say it (6)

I think todays match proved how much United miss Rooney. When United were attacking I honestly couldnt see them getting a goal from anywhere. Full credit to Chelsea how by the way I want to win the league this year.
nothing to do with rooney. our games against chelsea are always midfield battes, and we lost in the midfield today. if anything we would have ended up playing 6 in midfield cos he would got bored of being isolated and dropped deep all the time. cant say we deserved a draw from that either

yeah chelsea fans dont know what its like to take ages to get back from a home game cause they actually live near there club :P sorry just had to say it (6)

i dont i live in portsmouth haha sorry.

Do any of you actually go to the games then?

I go when I can, usually I don't have the cash to. But I try to get to the Bolton away game, but the last few seasons I've not had the cash.

Chelsea played slightly better although Man U did start to really press in the latter stages,i think old father time is starting to catch up with the likes of Neville and Scholes though they really weren't influential at all?
Thought Malouda was excellant today and is clearly a favourite for player of the year?

cheski were much better in every area of the field today imo and probley have been the best team in the prem this season ,without rooney united seemed to be without passion,skill,class it shows how much of player rooney is, take him away and they looked dull and unimpressive.

Chelsea played well and it would be harsh to say they didn't deserve the win.:S At least the overall performance was an improvement from the bayern game especially the second half.:$ A bit unlucky with the offside goal; it was a poor decision by the linesman.

Hopefully we can bounce back against bayern.^^)

:S On a side note, where is all the macheda hate coming from?

Bit of a fortunate goal seeing as it bounced off his chest/arm but he got himself in a good position and he definetly made an impact when he came on. Not too shabby for an 18 year old. :P

Bit of a fortunate goal seeing as it bounced off his chest/arm but he got himself in a good position and he definetly made an impact when he came on. Not too shabby for an 18 year old. :P

I don't think its a case of hating him; for me it is everyone over-hyping him and saying he is going to be the next big thing. I don't think he will be that, he'll be a good squad player for a EPL side but I think thats it I'm afraid. People are over-exaggerating his ability and what he will become.

To date in his career what has he done? He has scored one good goal and now being touted as a massively huge prospect, aside from a flukey goal against Sunderland last season and an even flukier goal today he has done sod all in my opinion. But again, that is just my opinion.

Summary - Over-rated.

used to go alot when i was younger with my dad but he moved up north for nearly 10 years so couldnt really get up their. good thing is my dad moved back down now so we will be looking to get to some games next season without a dout. i watch everygame on the internet do you get to many games mate, i struggle to get ticketts most of the time.

I don't think its a case of hating him; for me it is everyone over-hyping him and saying he is going to be the next big thing. I don't think he will be that, he'll be a good squad player for a EPL side but I think thats it I'm afraid. People are over-exaggerating his ability and what he will become.

To date in his career what has he done? He has scored one good goal and now being touted as a massively huge prospect, aside from a flukey goal against Sunderland last season and an even flukier goal today he has done sod all in my opinion. But again, that is just my opinion.

Summary - Over-rated.
Yeah, thats what people say but really what are you expecting?:S

He is 18 for gods sake and he scored 2 vital goal when he was 17 to help us win the league. One was a bit flukey to be fair but the other was brilliant. Gerrard who is fantastic player for liverpool hadn't even made his debut at the age macheda was scoring against villa and sunderland.

I think it's a bit unfair on him. There was a huge amount of interest in him after he came out of the blue to score that goal and the amount of hype has probably led to people disliking him.:S

I mean pacheco is touted as the next big thing by most liverpool fans when he is 19 and has literally done **** all.:S

I think macheda can be a very good player in the future.^^)

i go to queite a few games a season and i usually go to the cup finals chelsea get in went to both fa cup 2007 and 2009 finals and went to the carling cup 2007

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

He is 18 for gods sake and he scored 2 vital goal when he was 17 to help us win the league. One was a bit flukey to be fair but the other was brilliant. Gerrard who is fantastic player for liverpool hadn't even made his debut at the age macheda was scoring against villa and sunderland.

I think it's a bit unfair on him. There was a huge amount of interest in him after he came out of the blue to score that goal and the amount of hype has probably led to people disliking him.:S

I mean pacheco is touted as the next big thing by most liverpool fans when he is 19 and has literally done **** all.:S

i think macheda will have a good future tbh ive allways thought he was pretty good so who knows what will happen

Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a good player in the future but just not as good as some people are saying he will be.

And taylor, you know the fetish I have over Pacheco so I think you better steer clear of any form of insult directed to him ;) Believe me, he'll be better than Macheda ;)

Back