Manchester United v Chelsea|18th Sep 2011| Sunday 4pm kick off| Old Trafford

I am sure all if not almost all Chelsea fans would be happy to see this game end in a draw but Utd fans would you be happy if the game ends a draw seeing as you are at home? If I was a Utd fan I would be happy taking a point from this game as Chelsea are one of utds title rivals.

I am sure all if not almost all Chelsea fans would be happy to see this game end in a draw but Utd fans would you be happy if the game ends a draw seeing as you are at home? If I was a Utd fan I would be happy taking a point from this game as Chelsea are one of utds title rivals.

If I was a United Fan, I would be fully expecting the win come Sunday and anything less to be disappointing... Chelsea are still a work in progress and evidently we are still shaky at the back, if we manage to win then I will be ecstatic but it will be a hard fought game and the scoreline will reflect that

If I was a United Fan, I would be fully expecting the win come Sunday and anything less to be disappointing... Chelsea are still a work in progress and evidently we are still shaky at the back, if we manage to win then I will be ecstatic but it will be a hard fought game and the scoreline will reflect that

Anything less than a win would not be disappointing, Chelsea are not the only work in progress. Certainly would never fully expect a win against chelsea

Last edited:
Anything less than a win would not be disappointing, Chelsea are not the only work in progress. Certainly would never fully expect a win against chelsea

And also we will be without Vidic who is absolutely Key when you play team like Chelsea.

I think it will be 2-1 to Manchester United, a close game which could go either way. Daniel Sturridge to score a poacher's effort for Chelsea, whilst Wayne Rooney and Nani to score for United. I think both teams will get many chances, and the game will be open and players will be prone to mistakes.

United's attack has been brilliant, Chelsea have been consistent and hard-working although not dominating their opposition every game. However, I don't think both teams' defence is very solid, so I'm predicting some poor defending in this game. Both teams will rise to the challenge, especially Andre Villas-Boas who will be hoping to get a early 'big win' against rivals United.

However, to be honest, I don't see it happening. United have too much quality and are on unstoppable form at the moment, whilst Chelsea look less impressive than last season - they conceded against Norwich and West Brom and have been winning on very tight margins.

I think if Chelsea want to win the Champions League they will need further investment (which will then need to be spent cleverly) and more youth in their team, although it is younger than last season's.

United have been on top, top form but I'm not sure if Smalling & co. will handle the pressure of a big game like this, as they are still very young and improving. If Chelsea manage to win this one, I think United will bounce back and continue their amazing form from next game onwards.

The absence of Vidic (as stated by Sunil above) will be a massive blow against Chelsea, he is a fantastic leader and a no-nonsense defender against world-class players like Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba (who is injured, luckily for United!). However, I think their superior form (although not in the Champions League so far) and home support will see them through in a fairly open and interesting game.

2-1 to United, with Sturridge to score first for Chelsea, Nani to equalise and Rooney to score fairly late on and win the match for United. Looking forward to watching this, though it'll probably be on Match of the Day rather than live.

I reckon it will be 3-2 to United. I don't think the result will be as good as the match against Arsenal, but would be brilliant to see it ;).
I reckon Anelka and Mata will score for Chelsea and Rooney will score 2 with Young getting a goal sometime in the match. Pretty close match in my opinion. Can't wait to watch it live.

Can't wait for kill Chelsea on old trafford.... Wazza and Chico will make goal today hopefully Young also.. GGMU <3

Heart - Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd
Torres x 2, Sturridge | Rooney

Head - Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd
Torres | Rooney, Giggs (Is he playing?)

Hoping Ashley Young will have a good day up against Bosingwa and Hernandez' pace should cause Terry and Luiz serious problems. Hernandez has looked very bright already this season and Luiz has the pace but occassionally switches off, Hernandez' movement could be key.

Sturridge will cause Evra problems too, he loves cutting inside and I don't think Evra is as comfortable tracking players in-field onto his weaker foot. Mata will undoubtedly cause problems but Chelsea's chances will centre around which Torres shows up. He's showed marked improvement recently and it would be typical for him to score today.

I'm hoping for a narrow United victory but I can only really see a draw. 1-1, Lampard & Hernandez to score

OFFICAL TEAMS

De Gea
Smalling - Jones - Evans - Evra
Nani - Fletcher - Anderson - Young
Rooney - Hernandez

Subs: Lindegaard, Fabio, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Valencia, Berbatov

Mata - Torres - Sturridge
Lampard - Meireles
Ramires
Cole - Terry - Ivanovic - Bosingwa
Cech
Subs: Turnbull, Luiz, Romeu, Mikel, Malouda, Anelka, Lukaku

Last edited:
Cech
Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole
Meireles - Ramires - Lampard
Sturridge - Torres - Mata

That Chelsea team is confirmed

I honestly can't see us getting anything from this game. Maybe, just maybe Mata might spark a great performance but I doubt it :(

Not enough creativity for Chelsea's midfield. Ramires-Meireles-Lampard, they'll struggle. Luckily Mata could be ***-kicking.

Not enough creativity for Chelsea's midfield. Ramires-Meireles-Lampard, they'll struggle. Luckily Mata could be ***-kicking.

Same could be said of United's midfield, I suppose, but they do have Rooney who's basically playing as an attacking midfielder now anyway.

Nani and Young will need to be disciplined up against two attacking full-backs. If they can nullify them, Chelsea's attack has no real width. That battle will be key methinks.

True that Ferdinand not even on the bench?

Fletcher in midfield and Evans in defense, looks like we wont be winning.

Fletcher in midfield and Evans in defense, looks like we wont be winning.

There really isn't any pleasing some people is there? Perfect start to the season, Evans has looked assured and Fletcher has come back from an injury, and all you do is moan about SAF's team selection, which has been impeccable so far. Get a grip.