Manchester United v Chelsea|18th Sep 2011| Sunday 4pm kick off| Old Trafford

Not enough creativity for Chelsea's midfield. Ramires-Meireles-Lampard, they'll struggle. Luckily Mata could be ***-kicking.

That's as much creativity as we'll get. I don't see how Ramires, Lampard and Meireles aren't creative enough. My first though was actually that we didn't have enough defending strength in the middle.

Fletcher in midfield and Evans in defense, looks like we wont be winning.

Why not? Evans has been excellent this season bar an average performance during a poor game at Benfica. Fletcher has been superb for Scotland and struggled in Portugal because he didn't have a ball carrier alongside him. We should still dominate the way we have with Cleverley and Anderson in midfield too.

Why not? Evans has been excellent this season bar an average performance during a poor game at Benfica. Fletcher has been superb for Scotland and struggled in Portugal because he didn't have a ball carrier alongside him. We should still dominate the way we have with Cleverley and Anderson in midfield too.

Excellent is stretching it. He's been decent at best.

Excellent is stretching it. He's been decent at best.

Against Spurs, Arsenal, WBA (when he came on) and Bolton he was excellent. Only struggled at Benfica this season.

Evans Will make about 20 mistakes, And can't remember the last time that we won when Fletcher played.

Wow. What a short memory you have got. 1 season back he was our most imp CM.

There really isn't any pleasing some people is there? Perfect start to the season, Evans has looked assured and Fletcher has come back from an injury, and all you do is moan about SAF's team selection, which has been impeccable so far. Get a grip.

Not moaning About the team selection just saying that Fletcher ruins the whole team he slows the pace in the midfield and Evans always makes me nervous.

But hopefully Anderson will have a good game.
I'm going for a 1-0 Chelsea, with Torres scoring :)

I'm a Liverpool fan, but I want MU to win this one. Honestly I want MU to win 37 games and lose 1 game.

Against Spurs, Arsenal, WBA (when he came on) and Bolton he was excellent. Only struggled at Benfica this season.

If he was excellent everyone and I mean EVERYONE on the United team was excellent. He's been one of the least impressive players on a very, very impressive team. Decent, not excellent.

I'm a Liverpool fan, but I want MU to win this one. Honestly I want MU to win 37 games and lose 1 game.

You want Man Utd to beat Liverpool once?

Not moaning About the team selection just saying that Fletcher ruins the whole team he slows the pace in the midfield and Evans always makes me nervous.

But hopefully Anderson will have a good game.
I'm going for a 1-0 Chelsea, with Torres scoring :)

Are you serious? Bar Rio and Vidic missing, this is effectively our strongest line up. Fletcher keeps possession well, works hard defensively and chips in with important goals. Excellent footballer.

Evans makes mistakes but he's a great talent. More than capable of keeping an out of form Fernando Torres quiet next to Phil Jones.

Sticking by my 3-1 prediction for the game. Think Torres will score too unfortunately. Rooney and Hernandez (one of them to get a brace).

If he was excellent everyone and I mean EVERYONE on the United team was excellent. He's been one of the least impressive players on a very, very impressive team. Decent, not excellent.

You want Man Utd to beat Liverpool once?
lol. Didnt thought about that. Of coz I want Liverpool to beat MU twice.

Unsung hero of the side. Especially against Tottenham. Didn't do anything exceptional but did all the basics very, very well. Maybe excellent is a bit excessive, but definitely better than decent.

Evans Will make about 20 mistakes, And can't remember the last time that we won when Fletcher played.
Till now, Evans had good season. Fletcher is our best midfielder. I really can't see why you think so.

Anyone hear the story about what Fergie said to the Utd hierachy? Saying to give Jose his job when he leaves? Quite relieved, we get to keep Moyes lol

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

That looks dangerous. Midfield is poor though.

Strong Chelsea team out, but I'm not expecting to come away with anything. Simply put, Chelsea's high defensive line + Hernandez constantly making runs = Bad news

Strong Chelsea team out, but I'm not expecting to come away with anything. Simply put, Chelsea's high defensive line + Hernandez constantly making runs = Bad news

Tw things will happen with the high, either you squeeze out our midfield, killing supply and dominating; or we zip the ball over the top and hernandez has potential field day. Midfield fight is yet again key

Last edited:
If Rooney is on form, it's pretty much game over.

But we win. That's important ;)

Was about to say that lol.

I go with the opinion that some players can play an absolute blinder, leaving others looking average even if they are excellent at other times. They can be quiet, but still play an important part in the win-even if they don't play as good as others. Rooney could score an absolute sublime goal, but it could be a player like Carrick who sets it up, then has a quiet rest of game as he's doing what he has to. So the attention would be fixed on the goal. If you know what I mean lol