Manchester United Vs Arsenal | EPL| 28th Aug | KO: 1600

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 453
  • Views Views 28K
This is utterly embarrassing. Sure we weren't expecting much but 8-2?

Both had an average age of 23. I'm sorry, Wenger has to go.

Let them hit rock bottom. Thn Liverpool can buy Wilshere and Ramsey! ahah

Djourou, Jenkinson and Traore shouldn't be allowed to play unless they seriously improve.

That's my input about the match
:)

Jenkinson has the potential to be a good player but how Wenger thought he was ready is beyond me. Even our manager could tell he was not ready last year hence why we were bedding him in slowly, but Wenger just chucks him in to the hardest fixture they will play this year. Feel sorry for him, he was not ready in a million years. Walcott should be ashamed of himself for having a go at him. I hope it doesn't destroy his confidence/ career.

Even so he didn't hide and flew down the wing to claim an assist, more than most of the players did today.

Last edited:
Really wish I stuck with my gut feeling and got Dzeko to partner Rooney up front on fantasy team. On the plus side, Rooney is my captain and he's got me about 70 points today.

Arsenal lose 8-2 and then I...
[video=youtube;4pXfHLUlZf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Anyone who didn't see this sort of thing coming when Fabregas/Nasri were sold without replacements is either mad or delusional.

Jenkinson has the potential to be a good player but how Wenger thought he was ready is beyond me. Even our manager could tell he was not ready last year hence why we were bedding him in slowly, but Wenger just chucks him in to the hardest fixture they will play this year. Feel sorry for him, he was not ready in a million years. Walcott should be ashamed of himself for having a go at him. I hope it doesn't destroy his confidence/ career.

Even so he didn't hide and flew down the wing to claim an assist, more than most of the players did today.

You should have listened to Neville, he was furious at Djourou, for leaving him so exposed all game.

I'm taking bets on what Arsene Wenger will say post match...

3/10 - Will claim Arsenal were unlucky and played well.
2/5 - Says that his players lacked the mental strength. (But I swear they had mental strength 5 days ago, no?)
2/1 - Mentions his players naivety at times.
3/1 - Denies that he needs new players.
5/1 - Blames the referee.
6/1 - Says that the first half he thought they were unlucky.
9/1 - Denies Arsenal are in trouble.
12/1 - Says he has faith in his players.
20/1 - Says he has money but it is difficult to spend it.
30/1 - Blames it on Sepp Blatter.
35/1 - Blames it on the referee.
40/1 - Blames a lack of experience.
50/1 - Claims his squad is good enough to win the Premier League.
1000/1 - Admits his team is not good enough and he needs to strengthen.

Place your bets.

Look at the positives Arsenal fans, that's the first time you've scored 2 at Old Trafford in the premier league!

And on a side note, is it me or does Wenger look like he's been crying?...

Anyone who didn't see this sort of thing coming when Fabregas/Nasri were sold without replacements is either mad or delusional.

8-2?! seriously!

A ******* championship team wouldn't lose 8-2.

*cough Wenger cough*

Not even joking. Usmanov, pump in some money. Wenger go get De Rossi

Dzeko, Suarez, Rooney (C) as my Strikeforce for fantasy Prem

Beautiful ;)
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just thinking. When we play Man Utd in the Carling cup and if we do better than losing 8-2, does that make us better than Arsenal? ;)

Last edited:
we need:
centre backs
left back
discipline
someone over 25
midfielder
winger
striker
someone over 6 ft
PASSION
organisation

*cough Wenger cough*

Not even joking. Usmanov, pump in some money. Wenger go get De Rossi

you know thats not gunna happen! haha they need to spend big to have any chance

remember they have near enough a full team to come back from injuries or suspensions yet tho

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just thinking. When we play Man Utd in the Carling cup and do better than losing 8-2, does that make us better than Arsenal? ;)

Yep.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

United are the English Barcelona. Young and rampant

There we go.Interviewer: ''Can you turn this around''Wenger: ''What is there to turn around?''

You match up the youngsters in United's team vs Arsenal's and it's no comparison at all really.

Ok Ramsey may edge Cleverley but Jones/Smalling knock out of the park anything Arsenal have.

It's really not a matter of age/inexperience it's a matter of quality and ability.

Back