Valencia - Carrick - Giggs - Park
Hernandez - Rooney

Subs: Kuszczak, Anderson, Berbatov, Smalling, Nani, Scholes, Evans

Cech
Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole
Lampard - Mikel - Essien
Kalou - Drogba - Malouda

Subs: Turnbull, Ferreira, Alex, Ramires, Benayoun, Anelka, Torres

very happy Carlo has gone with this line-up. Im mush more confident then i was a few minutes ago.

I want Chelsea to win soooo much, but I don't think it's going to happen. United will bounce back from the Arsenal defeat to win 1-0. A (very, very, very late) goal from Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez in 'Fergie Time'. I mean, it's at Old Trafford, isn't it ;)!

Quite worried that we've gone 4-4-2 and they've gone 4-3-3.. think we could get overrun. Hope not though.

Quite worried that we've gone 4-4-2 and they've gone 4-3-3.. think we could get overrun. Hope not though.

Wont be a 4-4-2 thought mate, Rooney will sit in midfield without a dout.

C'mon Chelsea!

United 1-2 Chelsea

Rooney
Terry
Drogba

Wont be a 4-4-2 thought mate, Rooney will sit in midfield without a dout.

Well we all saw how well that worked against Arsenal last weekend :|

Hopefully Carrick and Giggs are superb as they were in the UCL, but the inclusion of Luiz is massive for Chelsea. He's got the pace to at least keep up with Chicharito - something none of your other CB's possess.

Hopefully Carrick and Giggs are superb as they were in the UCL, but the inclusion of Luiz is massive for Chelsea. He's got the pace to at least keep up with Chicharito - something none of your other CB's possess.

Yer i said that yesterday mate, we missed Luiz massivly in the CL tie. Im confident but we all know what Utd can do.

While he does have the pace to keep up with Hernandez, I feel he is still prone to make a stupid tackle which could get himself and his team in trouble.

Luiz can be prone to being rash and diving in though, which could prove to be a liability.

very happy Carlo has gone with this line-up. Im mush more confident then i was a few minutes ago.
What happened to Mikel being backup :P? I think Ramires should start instead of Mikel, I rate Ramires a lot more. Glad Torres isn't starting though, Vidic and Ferdinand will batter him. Drogba is a beast though, he has so much strength.

What happened to Mikel being backup :P? I think Ramires should start instead of Mikel, I rate Ramires a lot more. Glad Torres isn't starting though, Vidic and Ferdinand will batter him. Drogba is a beast though, he has so much strength.

When Mikel plays i think he brings the best out in Lampard. Ramires is a fantastic sub, if we need a goal what better player to bring on against tired legs.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

If the current game stays the same then both home sides have won 3-1 today.
Wolves 3-1 West Brom
Stoke 3-1 Arsenal

My god i hope the 3rd game dosen't end up the same.

When Mikel plays i think he brings the best out in Lampard. Ramires is a fantastic sub, if we need a goal what better player to bring on against tired legs.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

If the current game stays the same then both home sides have won 3-1 today.
Wolves 3-1 West Brom
Stoke 3-1 Arsenal

My god i hope the 3rd game dosen't end up the same.

Not sure but I don't think Ramires is fit yet. Looks like Zhirkov hasn't recovered from his knock which is frustrating because we have no width for the left on the bench because both Benayoun and Anelka will cut in and drop deep if they play on the left. So I guess Drogba will play all the game and we will switch to 4-4-2 (or a similar formation with 2 up) when Torres comes on.

To be fair, so can Vidic.

Not as much though. He can have moments of madness, but every time I've seen Luiz he's been living on the edge.

Not saying Luiz is a bad defender, but Chelsea will probably benefit if he's warned against it and just keeps it simple at the back.

Worried about this game now..

With Mikel playing, he'll sit and attempt to mark Rooney out of the game, and unlike Ramires in the UCL games he won't move out of position so I can see us being beaten here. Although, it's at OT so anything is possible!

Worried about this game now..

With Mikel playing, he'll sit and attempt to mark Rooney out of the game, and unlike Ramires in the UCL games he won't move out of position so I can see us being beaten here. Although, it's at OT so anything is possible!

On the other hand Mikel is the one who plays the simple passing game into the midfield, so Rooney will be doing a job on him just as much, and Chelsea rely on a build up more than we do

Haven't been this nervous since the 2008 Champions League final :S Really hope we get an early goal and secure a positive result in terms of the title race.

Back