Manchester United vs Manchester City - 12/2/11

Fantastic game, really really intense and i loved every minute of it, Utd got lucky from a piece of class but at the end of the day if we had been outplayed and won 1-0 i would have been pleased, so i dont blame utd fans for being ******.

My man of the match goes to either kompany, silva or smalling.

Kompany- Honestly, i believe world class is thrown around too much, but he is world class and anyone who disagrees just needs to watch the highlights of todays game, his tackle on rooney was amazing and he holds the line together

Silva- Opened you up many times and was a massive problem for you, his passing is among the best in the world.

Smalling- Great defender and is only getting better, denied us a few times.
I's day he cut through less than nani cut through you. And Rooney's was a good as you can get. Very one eyed from you, not exactly a suprise though.

United deserved their win, though city played very well, very few sides can live with them if they decide to impose their own game

My man of the match: nani, goal and assist, city simply failed to deal with him for huge parts of the game

I would give Wayne 300k a week if he scored goals like that every week. He's an amazing player, is that the title right there?

It will be interseting to see how Arsenal bounce back from Newcastle away but i still think they will have a big say in where the title is heading. I do think United will win it, Their position is very strong now but Arsenal are not out of it yet imo.

DMF calling it goal of the century. *Sigh*

Smalling and Kompany were both epic today as well. Kompany is one of the best in the league atm and Smalling looks like a great prospect and a ready made replacement for Ferdinand.

I's day he cut through less than nani cut through you. And Rooney's was a good as you can get. Very one eyed from you, not exactly a suprise though.

United deserved their win, though city played very well, very few sides can live with them if they decide to impose their own game

My man of the match: nani, goal and assist, city simply failed to deal with him for huge parts of the game
Wouldnt expect a mod to be so biased and a typical utd fan, not even giving us any recognition or credit, a typical utd comment.

Jesus Christ Mike Something on SS2 being ever so biased and bitter.

For City? I don't think it was ever really on to be fair mate. 3 or 4 seasons and i think we will be beating teams like Man U away. But we played well today and it was a good derby.

Still a way to go before City are the complete package but the signs are very good.
that depends on where united are then but they are getting there. its not about being the complete package, ist about having the mentality to feel you can win, no matter who you play. player for player city probably have better players, but we always feel we can beat anyone we play, and we usually do. thats the attitude city need to take, they certainly showed it today for once, and on another day they could have won

that depends on where united are then but they are getting there. its not about being the complete package, ist about having the mentality to feel you can win, no matter who you play. player for player city probably have better players, but we always feel we can beat anyone we play, and we usually do. thats the attitude city need to take, they certainly showed it today for once, and on another day they could have won
Take back my previous post, you and ctpauley are the only utd fans admitting we played well, congratulations :)

Goal of the season. Probably the best overhead kick goal I've ever seen though.

Hate Summerbee biggest ******* ever

Tbh, City deserved to win more than Utd did, but a draw was probably the fairest result. Was good to see City attacking against a bigger side Silva was all over Vidic, Nani was all over Zabaleta. Kompany was class today, underrated IMO. City lost because of an individual effort and some poor marking. Guess that's all it takes.

And stop saying it was goal of the season. It was a good goal but he was completely unmarked. Goal of the week maybe.

Last edited:
Smalling was excellent and should be above Evans in pecking order (Which is shame as i love Evans), 10 Million, Bargain. He will be at heart of English defense for sure, and his ball playing skills are very Rio esque. Calm as cucumber

Staying in with Football Manager until Tuesday, sod it. What can you say about Rooney's goal? I'm proud of us for going and trying it, you could argue we were the better side during the majority however Un*ted also had moments of brilliance. If we have more derbies like that to look forward to then bring it on, hopefully with the three points coming back to Manchester and not staying in Stretford. Can't argue with Rooney's goal though, stupidly brilliant goal that.

Wayne Rooney is back, What a goal. That is Wayne Rooneyof old.

Smalling was a tank, He is going to be a very top player. He is distined to be a star for Utd and England in many years to come. He made tevez look average, how many players have done that this year.

Paul Schole-- Give that man a 2 year deal, everyday he decides to keep going is a bonus for us, make no mistake about it, Paul will end his career, not anyone ending it for him.

I thought Silva was very good today as was Kompany. But the best player for City was SWP only on the pitch for 30 minutes, but how well did they change when he came on. Looked a lot more balanced side.

35 years and counting, the noisy ones silenced for another year.

Tbh, City deserved to win more than Utd did, but a draw was probably the fairest result. Was good to see City attacking against a bigger side Silva was all over Vidic, Nani was all over Zabaleta. Kompany was class today, underrated IMO. City lost because of an individual effort and some poor marking. Guess that's all it takes.

Maybe we were watching different game then. City goal was fluke, and at the end of the day we did what we do best, squeeze the victory.

Silva was not all over Vida. It was Evra who was leaving so much space only to Vida to cover him up.

Kompany was class. One of the best in the league easily..