Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, credit goes to McCarthy for not making a huge meal of it.

True most players would have 1. When it happend threw themselves down into a massive heap rolling around the ground in agony, to be taken off the park for 2 mins then come back on. and then 2. they would go shouting to the papers. Mccarthy is just one of those players that wants to just play football though.

Ban him = Arsenal better chance of winning Premier League yaaay!

How can Clattenburg say he treated the incident correctly, when he would have had time to look at the incident correctly? I don't hate Man Utd, and I do not hate Rooney, he is an outstanding player, but Wayne-you were a lucky, lucky boy. But the decision has been made, and we all have to move on. Be interesting to see what happens when a similar incident happens in another match. Once again, it's going to be the consistency argument.

You're possibly the only Everton fan I know who does not hate Wayne Rooney. Won't post my opinion as I am biased.

How can Clattenburg say he treated the incident correctly, when he would have had time to look at the incident correctly? I don't hate Man Utd, and I do not hate Rooney, he is an outstanding player, but Wayne-you were a lucky, lucky boy. But the decision has been made, and we all have to move on. Be interesting to see what happens when a similar incident happens in another match. Once again, it's going to be the consistency argument.
the issue here is the clattenburg guessed. if he didn't see it he shouldnt have given anything. i cant see how he can say he did, becuase you absolutely must send him off if you do. Refs are under pressure, but that was poor

He was lucky, it was not Malicious, it was intended, but not to really hurt him, not even sure why he did it, nothing had happened before that, plus it was in the first 10 minutes of the game as well...

It can be seen as Rooney trying to "jump around" the player in the way to get to the ball :) and mistakingly had his elbow up quite high! :) hahahaa

just kidding, a fine should be sufficient :)

James McCarthy is clearly in my opinion a model professional. As Nixon said above, he got on with and and just wants to play football. Outstanding player who will be at a bigger club than Wigan soon. Rooney is a lucky boy though.

You're possibly the only Everton fan I know who does not hate Wayne Rooney. Won't post my opinion as I am biased.

lol. I've just learned to accept that when a club has a hugely talented player like Rooney, its inevitable he'll go to a bigger club. It happens. I mean don't get me wrong, he has his silly moments at times, but its hard not to appreciate him as the complete package as a footballer.

I hope McCarthy goes on to greater things, will miss him dearly when we get relagated but good luck to the lad, he has a glittering future and he isn't letting stuff like this get in his way!

I hope McCarthy goes on to greater things, will miss him dearly when we get relagated but good luck to the lad, he has a glittering future and he isn't letting stuff like this get in his way!
i was really impressed with his reaction. didnt even approach the ref. Rooney did go and apologise afterwards it turns out (they shook off camera). but kudos to him

Well with 2 big games coming up this is a great news he got of, don't agree with what he did but at this crucial stage its important we have all are key players, top marks to McCarthy not going down can't wait to see him in a Ireland shirt again.

Well, the decision stands so we can't reallysay much more about it, can we?

But, even as a United fan, with almost absolute devotion to Rooney, I think he was lucky. I was worried that he would be banned, because it seemed to have no reason, no purpose in doing it. Why he did it, only he knows. It should've been a sending off.

The fact that Clatternburg (Who is a total ****) said that he saw it and only gave a freekick is a disgrace. Clatternburg is a utter disgrace. I do know how to referee football (I did an amatuer FA coruse on coaching and refereeing, not PL standard I know, but it's something) and Clatternburg has been, time and again, horrific. He is probably one of the worst refs out there in the PL. Refs are human, and it's very easy to get things wrong, especially since you have very little time to think and there's no TV replays, unlike rugby, the crowd are screaming things and you have players right in your face. I know, I've experienced it before, and I have sympathy for all refs when people screw them over for getting calls wrong, but only when it's very close or difficult to tell, even with TV replays. For Clatternburg to say that he saw it and only gave a freekick is absolutely disgraceful. Then again, I'm more inclined to think that he only saw the crowd's reaction and only gave a freekick based on that.

Good on FA for showing some consistency. Glad he didn't get any more ban. We can't afford to lose any more players..

There was no reason for Rooney to elbow the guy. So i think he should have been issued at least a 3 game ban. Other players this season have served bans for less, or the same.

Or put it another way, if this was Joey Barton, it would have been about a 5 game ban. But as someone said above, its dealt with now, and the FA have made their decision, so we can't change that.

There was no reason for Rooney to elbow the guy. So i think he should have been issued at least a 3 game ban. Other players this season have served bans for less, or the same.

Or put it another way, if this was Joey Barton, it would have been about a 5 game ban. But as someone said above, its dealt with now, and the FA have made their decision, so we can't change that.
no ban becuase the ref saw it, thats the issue. therefore by their own silly rules they couldnt take action

and it wouldnt have been so with barton, remember he threw a punch earlier this season and got the standard 3 games

****, was hoping the FA would take action if i'm honest, the boy needs a kick up the ***. elbow this weeend, rash tackle last weekend against Crawley to go with very average performances. I hope Fergie (although it will never happen) starts with Berba and Hernandez upfront at the bridge as they are both on form and I believe are a bigger goal threat than Rooney is at the moment.

Our biggest away win in the season is clouded by nothing incident. What is shocking is this is not even the first time FA has let go player guilty of being done something wrong. So many hypocrites crying against FA but haven't seen anyone saying the same when one of their own player was let off for same or even bigger incidents.

Our biggest away win in the season is clouded by nothing incident. What is shocking is this is not even the first time FA has let go player guilty of being done something wrong. So many hypocrites crying against FA but haven't seen anyone saying the same when one of their own player was let off for same or even bigger incidents.
If you'd kindly point out another player elbowing someone as clearly as that, that would be great.

If you'd kindly point out another player elbowing someone as clearly as that, that would be great.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhmUbHbW2o"]YouTube - Steven elbows Danny[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ML3eseP4M"]YouTube - Gerrard Elbows Brown [HD][/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJyOqJ5VLvA"]YouTube - Steven Gerrard elbows Michael Brown[/ame]
Gutted. Too slow.
Not an elbow but de jong got away with his leg breaking challenge on ben arfa for the same reason. It's not special treatment in any way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.