Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can prove 100% Gerrard meant it (not saying he didn't mean it before you all jump on me). I used to jump all the time with my hand in the air (don't ask) I didn't purposely do it, it was just natrual.

Rooney ran past him and elbowed him purposely (off the ball) so therefore Rooneys is a lot worse. To try an argue its not is just silly mate.
No one can prove 100% that Rooney meant it either.:S
Only the player knows what his intent was.

The first 3/4 pages of this thread are literally ridiculous.
I completely agree that the FA can't do anything unless Clattenburg says he didn't actually see the incident and gave the free kick based on the reaction of players around him.
That rule is ridiculous, it needs changing but at the end of the season when there is a good 2 months to make sure it is right.
I watched UFC 127 last night and saw elbows being thrown to injure and knock out opponents, he throws an elbow for what seems to be no reason other than to harm the player, it is a disgusting action and if he'd connected properly like i'm sure he hoped to do he could have given him a serious injury or KO'd the guy, he wasn't even looking after all. To see people saying it's a minor incident and that it wasn't intending to hurt him (or close enough to those words) actually blows my mind.

I see it as a red card and a 3 game ban, that can't happen though so i'd hope for some internal discipline. A fine and maybe being dropped for next match should get it through to him not to repeat what is just a moment of madness.

The first 3/4 pages of this thread are literally ridiculous.
I completely agree that the FA can't do anything unless Clattenburg says he didn't actually see the incident and gave the free kick based on the reaction of players around him.
That rule is ridiculous, it needs changing but at the end of the season when there is a good 2 months to make sure it is right.
I watched UFC 127 last night and saw elbows being thrown to injure and knock out opponents, he throws an elbow for what seems to be no reason other than to harm the player, it is a disgusting action and if he'd connected properly like i'm sure he hoped to do he could have given him a serious injury or KO'd the guy, he wasn't even looking after all. To see people saying it's a minor incident and that it wasn't intending to hurt him (or close enough to those words) actually blows my mind.

I see it as a red card and a 3 game ban, that can't happen though so i'd hope for some internal discipline. A fine and maybe being dropped for next match should get it through to him not to repeat what is just a moment of madness.
this is the issue at hand, the ruling here, not whether he meant it or not. Suprised so many people are missing the point

give up mike, rooney was alot worse due to it being an off the ball incedent, and rooney actually ment it, why would gerrard purposely elbow welbeck?

gerrards not done a thing wrong, never had public problems and is a role model, and not known as a dirty player unlike rooney...

rooney isnt, so its not like rooney cares what people think. rooneys a dirty **** and has done it before.

if gerrard is a 3 game ban then rooney deserves a 30 game ban...

edit: btw i put that kinda wrong, basicly what i mean is rooney has a temper, and at the moment has problems, gerrard doesnt. rooney is known to lose it on the pitch and if hes got a grudge on mccarthy (mccarthy maybe done something he doesnt like) hes most likely to hit him, cause thats the **** that rooney is.

look at barton, he hit pederson because he didnt like what he did. just like rooney

Last edited:
not lucky, it wasnt a particular forceful elbow on the ear. in terms of danger/injury the other example shows welbeck caught full in the face, a lot worse. still no excuse

Hence why I said it was lucky. If McCarthy turned his head just a tad to the side it could have caught him smack bang on the jaw.

I don't know how you can measure the force of the impact from looking at a few clips of the incident. When Stephen Hunt clashed with Cech it looked like there was nothing in it, yet he ended up with a fractured skull.

Anyway, I'd like to see/hear Rooney apologise to him.

Hence why I said it was lucky. If McCarthy turned his head just a tad to the side it could have caught him smack bang on the jaw.

I don't know how you can measure the force of the impact from looking at a few clips of the incident. When Stephen Hunt clashed with Cech it looked like there was nothing in it, yet he ended up with a fractured skull.

Anyway, I'd like to see/hear Rooney apologise to him.
his head was in a different direction. it takes a lot of force to break bones in the skull, unless you a striking someone directly in the back on the skull. But i see your inital point.

Rooney went and said something after the incident, assuming it was an apology, but cant be sure, but commentators said they shook (it was off camera)

Prove 100%.
It looks fairly clear that he meant it but so does gerrard's. There is not much difference was all I was trying to say.

Gerrard was jumping for the ball, you use your body to do that and arent completely in control. Rooney ran past him an elbowed him, why else was he swinging his elbow? Trying to run faster.
If you dont understand that you have issues.

Anyway not arguing with you if your being that thick. Mike the thread is about the media slaughtering Rooney not whether it was a ban or not. So us discussing this is not off topic at all.

give up mike, rooney was alot worse due to it being an off the ball incedent, and rooney actually ment it, why would gerrard purposely elbow welbeck?

gerrards not done a thing wrong, never had public problems and is a role model, and not known as a dirty player unlike rooney...

rooney isnt, so its not like rooney cares what people think. rooneys a dirty **** and has done it before.

edit: btw i put that kinda wrong, basicly what i mean is rooney has a temper, and at the moment has problems, gerrard doesnt. rooney is known to lose it on the pitch and if hes got a grudge on mccarthy (mccarthy maybe done something he doesnt like) hes most likely to hit him, cause thats the **** that rooney is.

look at barton, he hit pederson because he didnt like what he did. just like rooney
1 gerrard is actually quite a dirty player

2 you have missed the point entirely, im going by the actual laws of the game, the ones that matter

That is ridiculous, i've seen as many dirty things from Gerrard as I have from Rooney.
There looks to be clear intent in Gerrard's as there does in Rooney's. He throws an elbow forcibly at Welbeck, maybe to stop him getting the ball ahead of him and he didn't think about what he was doing but he can't do that, same as Rooney cannot throw an elbow at McCarthy or MacArthur (****** Wigan and their confusing names).

They are both as bad as each other and Rooney's certainly isn't 10x worse than Gerrard's like you are claiming.

That is ridiculous, i've seen as many dirty things from Gerrard as I have from Rooney.
There looks to be clear intent in Gerrard's as there does in Rooney's. He throws an elbow forcibly at Welbeck, maybe to stop him getting the ball ahead of him and he didn't think about what he was doing but he can't do that, same as Rooney cannot throw an elbow at McCarthy or MacArthur (****** Wigan and their confusing names).

They are both as bad as each other and Rooney's certainly isn't 10x worse than Gerrard's like you are claiming.

you clearly are stupid/deluded

People get away with a lot of **** because of this rule. Rooney won't be the first and certainly won't be the last. As for people saying that the FA favour Manchester United, I remember Rio getting a lengthy ban for violent conduct against Craig Fagan last season. Obviously in the FA's favour then. It is certainly a rule that needs to be looked at though because we can all come to an agreement that he deserves a three match ban whether he meant it or not.

Gerrard was jumping for the ball, you use your body to do that and arent completely in control. Rooney ran past him an elbowed him, why else was he swinging his elbow? Trying to run faster.

Anyway not arguing with you if your being that thick. Mike the thread is about the media slaughtering Rooney not whether it was a ban or not. So us discussing this is not off topic at all.

It looked to me as if Rooney almost jumped into the elbow.
ANY deliberate unprovoked attack like this is for low life scum and thugs! Accidents happen on a pitch, and players over react in the heat of the moment (like when Diaby had a player by the neck a couple of weeks ago after a tackle) but this seemed unprovoked, and unwarranted.
Off the football field this incident would of been assault or attempted GBH!

agree 100%

Yes Gerrard, someone who beat up a man in "self defence" and has also dived/elbowed before has never done anything wrong oO)

next one gets you banned. if you cant debate without insults, leave

thats pretty hard when a moderater is a man utd fan who clearly hates liverpool and their fans

anything i say that u dont like is an infraction?

Sad that this has just turned into another Liverpool vs Manchester United debate which is no doubt just going to go round in circles.

Yes Gerrard, someone who beat up a man in "self defence" and has also dived/elbowed before has never done anything wrong oO)

if you are going to post bullshit rumours please back them up

that was never proves and was not guilty in court....

also the guy who he claimed to have hit was a man utd fan...

coincedence?

Status
Not open for further replies.