Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats pretty hard when a moderater is a man utd fan who clearly hates liverpool and their fans

anything i say that u dont like is an infraction?

Insulting other members is against the rules, any other moderator regardless of there supported team would of given you an infraction for that comment.

thats pretty hard when a moderater is a man utd fan who clearly hates liverpool and their fans

Sigh, follow the rules. its really not hard.

and for the liverpool thing, ask any person on here, or read anything ive written about liverpool. I have never been anything but respectful in what i write, even when criticising them

Not sure if this has been posted in amongst the argument, but:

Referee Mark Clattenburg's explanation of why he awarded Wigan a free-kick following Wayne Rooney's clash with James McCarthy will determine whether the Manchester United striker ends up facing a three-match ban.

The only obvious way round this for Clattenburg when he sends in his official match report would be to state he saw the clash, but not the elbow.

Even then, the FA would be within their rights to ask exactly why he gave the free-kick considering, without the elbow incident, McCarthy had moved towards Rooney rather than the other way round.

If Clattenburg says he saw the entire clash fully, Rooney will escape sanction, although a three-match ban could see him miss this week's Premier League games with Chelsea and Liverpool, plus the FA Cup sixth round tie against either Arsenal or Leyton Orient.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23927032-fa-await-verdict-from-clattenburg.do

Sigh, follow the rules. its really not hard.

and for the liverpool thing, ask any person on here, or read anything ive written about liverpool. I have never been anything but respectful in what i write, even when criticising them

i know that, ive seen you comment youve been nothing but fair.

but this is something else.

i dont know why u can see then people jumping for a header is so much more differant to an off the ball delibrate elbow to the head?

also many others have jumped in with elbows, funny how you pick gerrard as an example..

think Joel brought it up earlier, this is where i criticise Clattenburg. if he doesnt see it, he doenst need to give the free kick and therefore not hamstring himself. Now the whole thing is messy

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

i know that, ive seen you comment youve been nothing but fair.

but this is something else.

i dont know why u can see then people jumping for a header is so much more differant to an off the ball delibrate elbow to the head?

also many others have jumped in with elbows, funny how you pick gerrard as an example..
because its a video example on the thread which contains an elbow that should have been punished

He would miss Liverpool and Chelsea. Typical ay. No doubt he will score the winner in one of those games and Chelsea smugly with Alex Ferguson because they got away with it haha.

Well the comment that you're being warned about was posted in answer to me, an Aston Villa fan who has no allegiance to Manchester United and am merely taking an objective view on both incidents.

if you are going to post bullshit rumours please back them up

that was never proves and was not guilty in court....

also the guy who he claimed to have hit was a man utd fan...

coincedence?

It's becoming easy to get away with stuff in court though, look at Jeff Hardy who was caught with thousands of dollars worth of drugs in his house and is still getting continuances on his court case thanks to the skill of his lawyer.

Gerrard's off field antics and the results of them however, have no relevance in this thread.

Well the comment that you're being warned about was posted in answer to me, an Aston Villa fan who has no allegiance to Manchester United and am merely taking an objective view on both incidents.

It's becoming easy to get away with stuff in court though, look at Jeff Hardy who was caught with thousands of dollars worth of drugs in his house and is still getting continuances on his court case thanks to the skill of his lawyer.

Gerrard's off field antics and the results of them however, have no relevance in this thread.

yes but there was NO proof atall, so its all bullshit as i said

yes it should like any other elbow but rooney's is much worse...
its not. as i have said before they are both 3 match bans.

feel we are going round in circles so will close this until clattenburgs report

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

FA will not take further action against Rooney

Always going to be the outcome. Hopefully this will result in the law being changed. And my view on the incident is that elbowing like that is totally unacceptable. Disgraceful behaviour.

Always going to be the outcome. Hopefully this will result in the law being changed. And my view on the incident is that elbowing like that is totally unacceptable. Disgraceful behaviour.
agreed, this argument isnt even new though, hes not the first and wont be the last. tragic running of the game

Wait for all the United haters to come in and attack Rooney, the United fans to defend him and then as usual a totally decent thread turned into a ****** argument between supporters whose opinions never change. Unfortunately all threads are like that now.

Obviously happy about Rooney, two big games coming up.

Both Rooney and Clattenburg should be punished for this but this was always going to be the outcome. I dont usualy like to blame refs (unless is some bald Norwiegan c**t) but im starting to dislike Clattenburg more and more. I like Graham Poll and i listed to alot of his points about refs, he absolutely hates Clattenburg. He said he treats the job as if its him in the limelight and he spends more time on his hair than anything else.

IF McCarthy hadn't stood his ground then he would have been sent off or at least cautioned.

Wait for all the United haters to come in and attack Rooney, the United fans to defend him and then as usual a totally decent thread turned into a ****** argument between supporters whose opinions never change. Unfortunately all threads are like that now.

If people have any sence they will have a go at the way the PL go about these decisions. But then again im biased so what do i know lol.

That already happened last night (on the previous page), I haven't read any of the posts before that but I guess they are the same.

IF McCarthy hadn't stood his ground then he would have been sent off or at least cautioned.
to be honest i dont think that even would have made the difference, i dont think the ref saw it, he just guessed by the reaction from the fans, because if he does see it, rooney is off.

How can Clattenburg say he treated the incident correctly, when he would have had time to look at the incident correctly? I don't hate Man Utd, and I do not hate Rooney, he is an outstanding player, but Wayne-you were a lucky, lucky boy. But the decision has been made, and we all have to move on. Be interesting to see what happens when a similar incident happens in another match. Once again, it's going to be the consistency argument.

Also, credit goes to McCarthy for not making a huge meal of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.