Michael Essien 'horror' tackle on Pennant

Do you think it was worthy of:

• Total voters
Clear red, whoever said good tackle must be just taking the **** surly?

Who on earth are the people who reckon it was a clean tackle?

The OP guy likely and another mong.

It becomes a two footed challenge because he has to move his standing foot off the ground to prevent himself from being injured... the tackle clearly looks bad, but he does it to prevent injury.

It was a terrible challenge, red with out a doubt.

no he wasnt thats the crazy thing, he genuinely believes this is not a red
I can nearly understand people thinking it wasnt a red but voting Good Tackle has to be taking the ****.

This isn't even a question to be fair.

1. Its two footed - red card
2. He went in off the ground made contact with pennants leg - red card
3. Not even one foot but 2 feet over the ball - red card

3 reasons why it should have been a red card and the reff says go on son but don't do it again.

Essien is always making these kind of challenges where at least one foot is over the ball. At this stage he is deserving of a 3 month ban

He is a fantastic player at times and has probably the biggest engine of any midfielder since Roy Keane.

It's such a dangerous tackle, if pennants leg is planted, it breaks

clear red card for me, seeing as the referee took no action at the time, is this challenge not liable to be reviewed. tackles like this need to be stamped out of the game more than the swearing, the wearing of snoods etc

Is it just me, or does he pretty much slip before going into the tackle and tries to pull out ?

The problem is what did the ref see from his point of view might not look bad

I said this yesterday when i was watching the game live on the internet with my brother and his mate i said thats a straight red in real time. And nothing has changed my mind at all, it was a definate red card but and i say but. The op said is this worse than what Rooney did and no its not. Now both incidents have happend Pennant is ok but Rooney has offended many worldwide.

red card, no doubt.
it's not as if he slipped and went in two-footed with studs and over the ball.
it's a red card and a right smack across the mouth if he fusses - he knows what he did.

I said this yesterday when i was watching the game live on the internet with my brother and his mate i said thats a straight red in real time. And nothing has changed my mind at all, it was a definate red card but and i say but. The op said is this worse than what Rooney did and no its not. Now both incidents have happend Pennant is ok but Rooney has offended many worldwide.

This always bugs me. Who gets offended by some swear words? They are just words that we have made out to be bad. Sure if they were directed at you by someone in your face then by all means, get offended, but if its someone on the TV who doesn't get a single minute of privacy to vent his anger, shouting some swears words in the heat of the moment shouldn't offend anyone apart from daily mail readers. I'm tempted to bring Gordan Ramsey into the argument but that would be to much off topic.

This always bugs me. Who gets offended by some swear words? They are just words that we have made out to be bad. Sure if they were directed at you by someone in your face then by all means, get offended, but if its someone on the TV who doesn't get a single minute of privacy to vent his anger, shouting some swears words in the heat of the moment shouldn't offend anyone apart from daily mail readers. I'm tempted to bring Gordan Ramsey into the argument but that would be to much off topic.

Because it was almost as if Rooney was directing it to the people at home to all of his doubters. Rooney is a role model Gordan Ramsey isent simple as that.

i'd rather have a broken leg following a discusting tackle than to be offended by someone who swears down a tv camera.

sigh