Might and Magic™ by Raikan007 Fm13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 319
  • Views Views 239K
Status
Not open for further replies.
also set crossing to far post which seems to work the best as well! the better your wingers crossing stat the better! the wingers when not in possession float in unmarked at the back post

Was thinking of playing with 1 advanced playmaker though.

Just wondering what are the differences if I used ur Amazing tactic on FM12 to FM13?

anymore updates?

The original tactic saved my season and somehow got me promoted via playoffs. Here's the results so far in the next season:

View attachment 281705View attachment 281706

As you can see, not good in the league but some impressive wins over superior competition in the Capitol One Cup. I'm going to switch over to the version 2 tactics and see if that will help the league play, however I think that I just didn't do enough to improve the squad in the off season so avoiding relegation would have me extremely happy.

Edit: Scratch the question below, extracted again and this time it showed up for some reason.

One question, I see in your screen that you dropped the two cm to dm but when I uploaded the tactics they all still have 2 cm's. Is dropping them down to dm just what you do for away games or was there supposed to be a tactic uploaded that had done that already? Thanks again for the work, I'll update again after some time with v2.

Last edited:
Hi Raikan. Any chance of not zipping the two versions together - my Mac (and it's .rar extractor) is being a complete ****! Cheers, Phil

Hi Raikan. Any chance of not zipping the two versions together - my Mac (and it's .rar extractor) is being a complete ****! Cheers, Phil

send me your email address in PM and I will send you the newer version :)

The original tactic saved my season and somehow got me promoted via playoffs. Here's the results so far in the next season:

View attachment 281705View attachment 281706

As you can see, not good in the league but some impressive wins over superior competition in the Capitol One Cup. I'm going to switch over to the version 2 tactics and see if that will help the league play, however I think that I just didn't do enough to improve the squad in the off season so avoiding relegation would have me extremely happy.

Edit: Scratch the question below, extracted again and this time it showed up for some reason.

One question, I see in your screen that you dropped the two cm to dm but when I uploaded the tactics they all still have 2 cm's. Is dropping them down to dm just what you do for away games or was there supposed to be a tactic uploaded that had done that already? Thanks again for the work, I'll update again after some time with v2.

glad to hear mate :)

there are two tactics in the zipped file.. let me know if you are still struggling

I've been using a variation of this tactic with Everton - in pre-season it worked really well.

I went with:

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distan Baines
Fellaini Gibson
Mirellas Naismith Pienaar
Jelavic

Fellaini is a BBM and Gibson as a DLP. Both AMR and AML are IF and swap position with the AMC as trequarista.

defenders and gm are default settings.

Used the pass to feet and retain possession shouts along with play ball out from defence and work ball into box.

It worked really well over pre-season and the first few games of the season, I'd adjust my tactics for opposition as well, playing on the counter away from home (played 'control' and 'balanced' at home) with rigid formation.

Then the last few games it's just died; conceding many goals from set pieces and poor defending, despite my training and match prep being focused on this.

It's frustrating.

I've been using a variation of this tactic with Everton - in pre-season it worked really well.

I went with:

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distan Baines
Fellaini Gibson
Mirellas Naismith Pienaar
Jelavic

Fellaini is a BBM and Gibson as a DLP. Both AMR and AML are IF and swap position with the AMC as trequarista.

defenders and gm are default settings.

Used the pass to feet and retain possession shouts along with play ball out from defence and work ball into box.

It worked really well over pre-season and the first few games of the season, I'd adjust my tactics for opposition as well, playing on the counter away from home (played 'control' and 'balanced' at home) with rigid formation.

Then the last few games it's just died; conceding many goals from set pieces and poor defending, despite my training and match prep being focused on this.

It's frustrating.

its Fm13 mate.. I know it is hahha, but hoping the updates will fix the bugs and flaws then using tactics might yield a bit better results, however, FM13 is harder and requires more tactical adjustments each game..

but winning 5:0 against Chelsea then losing 5:2 to Wigan with the same tactic with certain changes is pretty frustrating!

I am busy downloading the full version now :)

There is inconsistency with the game, especially because in pre-season and the early games I was excellent (granted, I did not 'tweak' much in pre-season) and then it's like the wheels have come off.

For example, I changed to a defensive tactic to play Man Utd away, I lost 2-1 - late goal in fergie time - but played really well and then lost 4-0 at home to Norwich with similar tactics.

There's a lot of bugs the ME will hopefully be patched soon sit tight.

Oh I'll keep playing, I've been playing FM and it's various guises for almost 20 years, take more than a few bugs to put me off............or maybe I'll just switch back to FM12 for the time being ;)

Hi!
i've just started with Milan and i'mplaying
Abbiati
Abate mexes acerbi de sciglio
nocerino montolivo
douglas costa el sharaawy
pato wellington nem

i set pato as a poacher and increased the "pass through balls"(or whatever is the translation in english) to often to the 2 wingers and the playmaker. can it give some good result? do you have any other suggestion?
so far played 1 league match 1-1 away agains chievo...not impressive stats but i'll keep trying!

i am inter. struggled quite a bit with the first version. mainly didnt have a good enough 2nd striker to partner up with Milito

gonna give this one another go. got Florente coming in from Athletico on a free. hopefully gonna be pounding in the goals next season!!!

cheers boss!

glad to hear mate :)

there are two tactics in the zipped file.. let me know if you are still struggling

Was there three tactics when you first uploaded it? Right now, I have four different versions of your tactic, the v1 with BWM and DLP in midfield, another with 2 cm's set to support with attacking philosophy, the third with 2 cm's set to support with counter philosophy named counter/away complete, and finally the tactic with two dm's.

Just a little update with how it's getting on, it seems like we're playing a lot more competitively but still dropping games and seeming destined for relegation. Tbf, the team is just now getting familiar with the tactics (13 games later). I've got a theory that the defense acting like complete idiots has more to do with tactic familiarity than ME problems than I originally thought. It seems the more familiar they get (at least with the 2 dm tactic) the more they're actually coming up to intercept balls instead of standing and watching them roll by. I'll see if they play smarter when the bar is completely full and come back and update you on the progress.

Raikan, got a question for you.

I see that you play both your midfielders with defensive settings. How is that working out with providing support in attack? I play the same formation, but with two DM's, one defense and one support. This gives me some more alternatives in attack, but also leaves me more vulnerable for counter.

Do you feel that your four attacking players are sufficient ?

Raikan, got a question for you.

I see that you play both your midfielders with defensive settings. How is that working out with providing support in attack? I play the same formation, but with two DM's, one defense and one support. This gives me some more alternatives in attack, but also leaves me more vulnerable for counter.

Do you feel that your four attacking players are sufficient ?

yes I do mate :) the defensive mids provide cover for the defenders as the ME's through balls are deadly when your defenders stop and watch it go past them..

they have been set to pass directly so the ball gets up to the attacking players quicker

Was there three tactics when you first uploaded it? Right now, I have four different versions of your tactic, the v1 with BWM and DLP in midfield, another with 2 cm's set to support with attacking philosophy, the third with 2 cm's set to support with counter philosophy named counter/away complete, and finally the tactic with two dm's.

Just a little update with how it's getting on, it seems like we're playing a lot more competitively but still dropping games and seeming destined for relegation. Tbf, the team is just now getting familiar with the tactics (13 games later). I've got a theory that the defense acting like complete idiots has more to do with tactic familiarity than ME problems than I originally thought. It seems the more familiar they get (at least with the 2 dm tactic) the more they're actually coming up to intercept balls instead of standing and watching them roll by. I'll see if they play smarter when the bar is completely full and come back and update you on the progress.

hey bud, no only one! the DLP and BWM one, the one with the two CM's on support is the FM12 version and the other one is the counter one (think its saved with QPR in its description, they are both from Fm12)

yeah mate I sort of noticed that too.. but its still the ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back