Might and Magic™ by Raikan007 Fm13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 319
  • Views Views 239K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing something similar to this with Arsenal, except I have dropped one of the strikers into a CAM advanced playmaker (att) role because I prefer having 3 midfielders. Have a lot of injuries up front at the moment so I'm having to play Theo Walcott up front as a poacher.

Anyway, it works like a dream at home. Regularly having 70%+ possession and scoring 3+ goals in most games. It's been an absolute disaster away from home though, getting absolutely murdered in every away game even against the teams at the bottom of the league.

Tactic looks okay with Standard Liege in belgium even if it is not perfect (yet, its the best tactic i've tried so far). BTW, did they update the game?

I started using a poacher instead of AF because i have Falcao and rooney is out for 4 months. So i have to use welbeck. I sold RvP after 2 disappointing seasons.

Falcao does alot better as poacher then AF. DLF and P works best for me

Your tactic works Good at Home,i have around 8/10 wins...it really troubles me to find a similar tactic for away... Playing with Villareal at adelante... i have to win more away games cause it is a Must for villareal to promote... I am really fond of a working away tactic... Keep up the good work.

cheers mate.. have you tried the DM version with setting to counter?

Tactic looks okay with Standard Liege in belgium even if it is not perfect (yet, its the best tactic i've tried so far). BTW, did they update the game?

good mate, keep me updated!

I think so... It downloaded something this morning..

yea, sorry about that raikan.. was posting on 3 threads at the same time, wrote in the wrong one.. after a great start of the pre-season i ended up loosing 6-0 away to Liverpool and decided not too continue.. deleted the save, AND the game.. the game has become too complicated for me.. despite playing this game since early CM, and playing football myself on a fairly high level im not even close to mastering this game.. there are too many factors to fail and too few to be succesful and im tired of waisting hours and hours and not getting the results i want.. maybe ill be back on a later time..

Thx for allways beeing helpful to me raik.. cheers..

update

played 3 games so far this morning, started off with a toughie vs City :)

7 CCC's against Reading was not bad, finding it tough for two strikers upfront together lately.. I dropped the STL into AMC and have made several dozen changes to the M&M, so its now a 433 AMC (like my old Ama-Zing tactic) so I am going to test it out for a few months and will see if I will upload it along with this pack :)

otherwise I will just upload it as the Ama-Zing 433 AMC Fm13..

anymore results so far? the newest patches seemed to have fixed a few things so its looking up :) well done SI

Unfortunately, it doesnt seem like its a new patch. What does your game status say, and your ME-version? But reports are that there will be a proper ME-patch this week.

Now that I finally seem to have figures this ME out XD

Unfortunately, it doesnt seem like its a new patch. What does your game status say, and your ME-version? But reports are that there will be a proper ME-patch this week.

Now that I finally seem to have figures this ME out XD

13.1.2 is the patch but it may have downloaded some fixes

13.1.2 is the patch but it may have downloaded some fixes

This was posted by PaulC, the SI moderator at their forums earlier today.

"I'm kind of steering clear of this thread at the moment as it too easily becomes a distraction and much of the feedback is not what I want these forums to be about, but by way of an update, we are aiming to release a new ME within a week or so subject to testing. I'll update the work in progress changelist in due course."

Looking forward to it though! Even though I'm enjoying my save now and getting good results, it still doesn't feel like a proper save yet!

Here's my Feedback on the tactic. If it can help, I wud be glad :D.

Well, I'm doing not bad with Standard Liege in belgian first division. Played 1 season and managed to get 2nd, which is not that bad.

I went into the champions league (2nd season) qualifier and managed to win against Rapid Vienne and then won 6-2 (cumulate) against OM.

I noticed that Im doing better when i'm using your 1st post shout instructions.

It also seems that my opponents are scoring less when im using instructions against CM's, Wingers, Strikers, and AMC's.
I use the following instructions :
-force wrong foot always
-Pressing always.

Sorry for my english, im from the french speaking part of belgium...

Hope it was helpfull

EDIT : Im trying this as corner tactic, will tell if it is working at the end of the season.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/108071-corner-tactic.html

How would you alter M&M to win away vs city? Its mission impossible for me with the regular M&M tactic

Hey Raikan,

Usually i am not keen on using tactics from someone else since it feels a little bit like 'the easy way out' for me. But since i just wasn't able to get anything done with Manchester United I restarted my save and i am using your tactic. I have to say it is very decent.

I'm playing with:
De Gea ,
Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra,
Nani Fellaini Moutinio Bale
RVP Rooney

I'm playing the version with two CM's and when i'm having a 2 goal lead i switch to the 2 DMC's midfield.

I am giving away very few chances and even less goals (2 goals on 8 games) and score on average 2 to 3 goals per game.. :)
I do notice that my possesion of the ball is arround 50%. Ofc when i win, i dont mind.. I just wonder if this is calculated in your tactic or if there is still something that i can adjust to get more possesion?
I'm playing with the matchprep-shouts-opposition instructions like you said it...

It is defo much more effective then any tactic i assembled this year...

Also I noticed that the ME is acting way more like it should since my new safe... Much less defensive errors that make me go and smoke an entire pack at once:).
I wonder if this is because of the tactic or has the ME been updated allr?:)

Last edited:
I don't think there has been any update to the ME yet. I think that the key to reducing the amount of stupid mistakes the game makes is a decent BWM. In the last game you were able to use a couple DLP or one DLP and one AP as long as one was defensive and not do too badly with a good team. But in this game it seems without a BWM sitting in front of defense and protecting a full four man d-line bad stuff happens. I may be wrong, but this is what I have observed through trial and error so far. I've picked up Vidal for ManU in my last couple saves to act as this, mainly because he also has good long shots. Your BWM get lots of shots from long range in this game, might as well take advantage of it. The long shots is Vidal's only real upgrade over bender though. If you need someone cheap there is an American on Roma that would do a pretty good job for less than 10m too. The formation for M&M is actually what I used for the most part in FM12 with ManU for the first 2-3 seasons of a save since they have so many good strikers and wingers. Personally I would love to use that overall formation again in FM13 with the addition of RVP, but I wasn't able to get it to work defensively for me. As soon as I dropped one of the strikers into an AMC and set my Fullbacks to Defensive I stopped being so sive-like and produced some respectable games. Over a full season I still had some stupid games where I got throttled 4-0 as well. I got dropped from the FA Cup by Nottingham Forest 4-0. Obviously they still need to fix things with the engine.

Hey Raikan,

Usually i am not keen on using tactics from someone else since it feels a little bit like 'the easy way out' for me. But since i just wasn't able to get anything done with Manchester United I restarted my save and i am using your tactic. I have to say it is very decent.

I'm playing with:
De Gea ,
Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra,
Nani Fellaini Moutinio Bale
RVP Rooney

I'm playing the version with two CM's and when i'm having a 2 goal lead i switch to the 2 DMC's midfield.

I am giving away very few chances and even less goals (2 goals on 8 games) and score on average 2 to 3 goals per game.. :)
I do notice that my possesion of the ball is arround 50%. Ofc when i win, i dont mind.. I just wonder if this is calculated in your tactic or if there is still something that i can adjust to get more possesion?
I'm playing with the matchprep-shouts-opposition instructions like you said it...

It is defo much more effective then any tactic i assembled this year...

Also I noticed that the ME is acting way more like it should since my new safe... Much less defensive errors that make me go and smoke an entire pack at once:).
I wonder if this is because of the tactic or has the ME been updated allr?:)

thats really good to hear mate :)

the next few tactics I make is the Awesome AMC then the 433 DM one then I make another 442 similar to this but its attacking possession and its called Ama-Zing :)

that keeps possession around 60% plus :) you can use it for Fm13 as it was Fm12 tactic and some say it works just as well :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ew-attacking-possession-tactic-raikan007.html

Hey Raikan :)

This tactic works AMAZINGLY at home, but not so good away, so I usually set it to "counter" and "rigid" on away games. They've been working pretty well but I was just wondering if you have any suggestions for away games. Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back