Might and Magic™ by Raikan007 Fm13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 319
  • Views Views 239K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carried on using the variation of this tactic with mixed to good results.

My team have a lot of possession and are creating approx 3 CCC each match, but we do concede sloppy goals. I dropped Jelavic in favour of playing Wellington Nem as striker and I've been playing Anderson behind him as an AM and he's been excellent.

Seem to be doing ok with Villa with the 2 central midfielders tactic.

I will say that although there are issues with the ME, I am finiding the game a lot more 'realistic'.

Changes have to be made before every game, changing player roles, positions, bringing certain players in to do a certain job.

I'm enjoying it now, sometimes it's frustrating, but then that's real life!

I've found that, that, and the Zeman work fine for me as Villa, I would upload pictures, but I don't know how to! :(

Raikan, I've not downloaded your tactic, but I'm using something very similar from advice you posted - would it be ok to post that?

I got to laugh...

This game, well atleast the AI is totaly of the grid!
You're formation is brilliant im top with 0 losses as newcastle, and only rerolled save once when i got ben arfa, tiote and krul injured vs Bristol City when i had 0 substitutes left and lost 3-1...

As an example.

We break an attack vs Reading. ful lspeed forward. Cabaye got 5 people to pass the ball to vs the lone defender reading has. Ben arfa is free on the rigt with a clear way to goal were he can shoot or pass to Cisse wich has open goal. Cabaye then runs a bit twards Ben arfa, stops and stand there for 12 seconds while reading get back into formation. then he passes the ball back to Anita wich is behind him and everything ends with a throw in to reading.

another example:

Marveaux get the ball on the left with a clear way twards goal and the optional pass to a free Demba Ba infront of goal. When he recives the ball he turns towards the left side and run full speed to the line and then stops. stand there for 4sec until he gets tackled and it ends up with a goal to Man U after nani goes from own half and scores.

Few other strange things:

Obertan scored on a cross were the ball came in BEHIND the first post by a mile and for some reason ended up with a goal....

Harper is useless... Vs Wigan Al Habsi cleared a long ball with another long ball. it bounced twice were the second time Harper just froze, let it go over him and the wigan striker ran behind him and headed the ball into the empty goal.

Tim Krul made an impossible save vs Norwich.
First he dived all the way over to the left post and saved the ball wich flew to bradley johnson 2 yards infront of goal wich hammered it twards the otehr post were Krul teleported and fisted the ball into a corner.

Zaha ran straight forward from midtfield and ran past all players and goalie and into the goal and it ended up beeing flagged for faul.

Suarez scored on me from own half wit ha shoot that came down straight ontop of Krul that managed to fall and let the ball hit his head and into the goal when it was like a long ball pass back to him.

So yeah useless and rubbish game, but still hooked.

Im wondering how i can get my strikers to score and if anyone can reccomend a good DM/CM wich suits in this formation as i might sell CAbaye if the offer is good enough.

Might also add that Sunderland snatched Dockal away from me for 2million, and hes now top scorer in PL playing right on their midtfield having 17 goals in 21 matches. (yes he takes their penalties)

I've found a formula that works great for me using only the v2 tactics with the DM's. I'll try to summarize my approach the best I can. The main thing that's helped is making adjustments on the fly during the game using shouts and opponent instructions.

-I've set everyone's long shots to rarely, for one my players aren't great shooting from range and secondly it seems like there's still plenty of long shots taken (maybe a ME thing, but who knows)
-I use the counter version away always and at home when odds are against me
-Always start with your recommended shouts for v2 but depending on how the game is going I've found some shouts that seem to really help:

Evaluating match stats 20-30 min in- If not having enough shots but decent possession I'll add Get Ball Forward and Play Through Defense (this one seems to really kill it with your tactic). If not enough shots and less than 40% possession I still use those two shouts but replace Pass into Space with Pass to Feet.

-I start every match with no OI, then at half time I ask either my *** man or defending coach for advice. For some reason asking them at the start doesn't seem effective but giving them the first half to see how things are going really seems to help limit opposing players.
-Finally, the fullbacks seem to be crucial to this tactic (at least for me). I've noticed that anytime I'm down at half or I really haven't been getting forward enough there's almost always at least one fullback with a 5.9 rating or less. In this case, depending on his body language I'll usually substitute him. If both fullbacks are 5.9 or under I substitute the one that is doing worse or has the worst body language indicator.

Hope these pointers help some people that might be struggling. Of course, what you do and don't do should depend mostly on your squad. Here's my results after making these changes and while sitting in 23rd midway through the season:

View attachment 282076View attachment 282077

The reason I posted the results now and not when the season is completed is because I'm planning on giving some youngsters a run in to prepare them for next season. I'll finish 18th at worst so results aren't really that important to me now.

Hi Raikan,

Was just wondering what you use for away games? Do you just switch to counter and that's it?

I also was looking to know, is the two strikers suppose to be CF and AF?

Gonna give this a go with Everton to see how it goes..

Cheers for any help!

Last edited:
It's now January and I'm sitting 3rd in the table with Everton using a variation of these tactics.

Generally at home, I go Fluid and Control, with the shouts pass to feet, retain possession, play ball out from defense and work ball in to the box. I easily have the greater possession throughout the game and create at least two ccc.

When I'm away from home, I changed to rigid and counter attack, with the same formation.

However, I had Man Utd next and my back up tactic used a DM and looked like this:

GK
DR DC DC DL
DM
MC MC
AMR AML
ST

Again I used counter and rigid. Both MCs are set as BBM and DM is Anchor Man. Changed ST from Advanced Forward to Poacher. Ended up winning 2-1. United did have more possession and chances, but no ccc and we were very dangerous on the break.

Raikan, I've not downloaded your tactic, but I'm using something very similar from advice you posted - would it be ok to post that?

hey bud :) that would sort of defeat the process of the thread as I have set most player instructions manually :)

you are more than welcome to post it in the tactical discussion thread

Hi Raikan,

Was just wondering what you use for away games? Do you just switch to counter and that's it?

I also was looking to know, is the two strikers suppose to be CF and AF?

Gonna give this a go with Everton to see how it goes..

Cheers for any help!

hey bud,

that is the newer DM version yeah.. I am still making changes to them both and once the ME flaws have been taken away I will update it again... expect the FULL release only halfway through next month..

good luck :)

update

been using this with my United save and have been making little tweaks each game to counter any threats and take advantages of opportunities..

two very bad ME flaws in my defence cost me the loss against West Brom (who are actually at the top of the table followed by Norwich lol) anyway.. Arsenal game was close but lost it fair and square!

Created 6 ccc's vs Norwich which was pretty pleasing and keeping another clean sheet which is gold to me, so been happy with it so far! just the ME bugs are a tad frustrating at most times..

The formation fluidity is taking a very long time to become fluid.. its barely even 1/3 of the way.. so hoping the more I play the better the team will play! I have made the striking partnership to the Rooney/Hernandez style from the Fm12 version (Dlf/Poacher) as RVP is injured for 4 weeks..

been doing very nicely..

going to give a few more months in game and once I have made all the correct little tweaks here and there will upload the newer version of both!

cheers

tryed this tactic with united, 100% fluid tactic, i had no injuries so i played my best team, im top of the league, their 19th = result :

QPR-MAN UNITED 4-0 !!!!! wahhahahahaaaa! have anyone in the history of football seen a bigger shocker! And i had 62% posession! wahahaaaaa! F++++++++K this game!!!!!!!!!! peace out!

Your tactic works Good at Home,i have around 8/10 wins...it really troubles me to find a similar tactic for away... Playing with Villareal at adelante... i have to win more away games cause it is a Must for villareal to promote... I am really fond of a working away tactic... Keep up the good work.

*** my ranting post was from a game using the Koflok tactic, not raikans.. just for referance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back