Might and Magic™ by Raikan007 Fm13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 319
  • Views Views 239K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers for the rapid response, will give it a go and report back after 10 games or so!

Sam.

Promising start for me. Working a treat with my crewe side won first 4 in the league, including comfortable wins at sheff utd and scunthorpe. Plenty of possession and plenty of chances created. If my strikers could finish then i would've knocked middlesborough out the cup as well. Only thing i've changed is man marking after a very mixed pre season.

good stuff as alz raik, u might have just saved me from getting relegated from the championship with wimbeldon BLESS U SIR!!!

Sounds like a lot of things need to be adjusted game to game, and is this totally based on Man Utd's style of play ?
You couldn't really use this with smaller teams because you need to buy certain types of players

View attachment 280871
View attachment 280872

Like I said earlier, started using this tactic after my own saw us sitting 18th after 17 games. Tactic seems to work even better with the full version updates, the Chesterfield result was the first one since full version was released. Looks like you've created another winner. One note, I did as you recommended in your OP and made some adjustments to suit the games. Away games against teams with good offense I drop STL to AMC set to AP support and change from attacking to counter, which seems to work well (I also switch to that when leading in second half, usually in 70th min when up by 1, sooner if up by 2 or more). I fully intended on switching back to the tactic I created after the update but 7 wins in a row, think I'll stick to yours! Great work again.

Edit: Of course after posting about it, I end the 7 match win streak by drawing at home to lowly Barnet.

Last edited:
From the moment I found your Swoop tactic last year I used it 'til the day I stopped playing FM12. I've given this a download and pre-season has been very successful and with that enjoyable. I signed Fellaini (hefty £21m + £175k p/w) as you reccomended and it's paying dividends - he's scored in three successive games. The only thing I've changed is the AML role; I've changed it to Advanced Playmaker, Attack for Santi Cazorla to hold up the play a bit and it's working very, very well - he's got 6 assists in 4 matches in pre-season. Hope all goes well throughout the season.

ey Raikan! starting a man united save and gonna use this tactic, offcourse! Start of with buying fellaini since we lack BWM and he is perfect! I`ll give update as i go.

One problem would be how to play Rvp, Rooney and Kagawa at the same time, any advise on this? Also i find that rafael is extremely weak in the FB position, change it too WB using same instructions? Also, have you found a way to set a strong defence? The oposition strikers just run through it like nothing...

cheers!

Last edited:
just got a 1-1 draw with fiorintina as wimbeldon (im in championship now) using this i would of won only i got 2 injuries to key players-_- i had to adjust it a little here and there to suit my players but overall its working great!!

How do you suggest I line up with Liverpool using this formation?

..................Suarez.....Borini................
Downing...Gerrard.....Lucas.....Assaidi
Enrique.....Agger.....Skrtel.....Johnson
...........................Reina.......................

Will this work? How do I fit Sahin and Allen in? I may also have Callejon arriving.

Hi would like to provide some feedback for your consideration using this tactic.

So far very please attacking wise other the fact Rooney doesn't seem to score or be effective enough in the DLF position. Not consistency in scoring and providing goals at all. 15 games in ... score 4 goals 3 assist with average match rating 7.00

However I seem to have a major problem in defense as it's very leaky. Almost conceaded 2 goals every match even after following instructions on page 1. I tried tweaking the defensive line etc on my own but to no avail.

Alot of goals conceaded from open play and another which I'm not sure whether it's a ME bug but what happens is the defender just watches the striker run through him with no attempt to tackle to score a goal. It's very annoying.

I understand that the tactic is still in beta but here are some of things that I noted.

When would the full version of this tactic be released? I hope things are going fine :D

Also out of topic but would you be doing a Amazing tactic you used on yours spurs save for FM12? Because I rate it very highly in FM12 and I feel that it's better then Might and Magic FM12. I also prefer the lower defensive line in that tactic.

On my game MUFC have defensive problems and the tactic isn't working.

Hi would like to provide some feedback for your consideration using this tactic.

So far very please attacking wise other the fact Rooney doesn't seem to score or be effective enough in the DLF position. Not consistency in scoring and providing goals at all. 15 games in ... score 4 goals 3 assist with average match rating 7.00

However I seem to have a major problem in defense as it's very leaky. Almost conceaded 2 goals every match even after following instructions on page 1. I tried tweaking the defensive line etc on my own but to no avail.

Alot of goals conceaded from open play and another which I'm not sure whether it's a ME bug but what happens is the defender just watches the striker run through him with no attempt to tackle to score a goal. It's very annoying.

I understand that the tactic is still in beta but here are some of things that I noted.

When would the full version of this tactic be released? I hope things are going fine :D

Also out of topic but would you be doing a Amazing tactic you used on yours spurs save for FM12? Because I rate it very highly in FM12 and I feel that it's better then Might and Magic FM12. I also prefer the lower defensive line in that tactic.

I've got the same problem with the leaky defence, My defenders just stand still and watch the attackers. I think it's ME bug though. As my team are 100% familiar with the tactic.

I've all so seen my defenders switching off when it starts rolling to the keeper only for the attacker to carry on a beat the keeper to the ball and score.

I just beat Ipswich 4-2 with this tactic using League 2 side Plymouth, awesome!

I've got the same problem with the leaky defence, My defenders just stand still and watch the attackers. I think it's ME bug though. As my team are 100% familiar with the tactic.

I've all so seen my defenders switching off when it starts rolling to the keeper only for the attacker to carry on a beat the keeper to the ball and score.

Exact same problem I had with this tactic which resulted in me getting sacked, defenders did nothing except watch the attackers walk into box and have a one on one with the keeper.

This started off very well as I said, but now I'm losing by three or four every game?!

Sounds like a lot of things need to be adjusted game to game, and is this totally based on Man Utd's style of play ?
You couldn't really use this with smaller teams because you need to buy certain types of players

not really mate, see for yourself.. read the comments about using it for smaller teams..

the settings are set for a certain style of play, of course the better the player is the better he might perform in that role.. its used for all teams, not just the big guys!

View attachment 280871
View attachment 280872

Like I said earlier, started using this tactic after my own saw us sitting 18th after 17 games. Tactic seems to work even better with the full version updates, the Chesterfield result was the first one since full version was released. Looks like you've created another winner. One note, I did as you recommended in your OP and made some adjustments to suit the games. Away games against teams with good offense I drop STL to AMC set to AP support and change from attacking to counter, which seems to work well (I also switch to that when leading in second half, usually in 70th min when up by 1, sooner if up by 2 or more). I fully intended on switching back to the tactic I created after the update but 7 wins in a row, think I'll stick to yours! Great work again.

Edit: Of course after posting about it, I end the 7 match win streak by drawing at home to lowly Barnet.

fantastic stuff mate :) well done! good changes as well!

I was hoping that would be the case with the full release.. the BETA and DEMO were really bad and the full release still seems to be a bit buggy but better :)

really glad to see its working better.. hoping it will get better with each patch :) keep me posted!

From the moment I found your Swoop tactic last year I used it 'til the day I stopped playing FM12. I've given this a download and pre-season has been very successful and with that enjoyable. I signed Fellaini (hefty £21m + £175k p/w) as you reccomended and it's paying dividends - he's scored in three successive games. The only thing I've changed is the AML role; I've changed it to Advanced Playmaker, Attack for Santi Cazorla to hold up the play a bit and it's working very, very well - he's got 6 assists in 4 matches in pre-season. Hope all goes well throughout the season.

Hey Mike,

thanks mate, really glad its doing well so far! that is a big purchase but well worth it mate! if you can get Fellaini involved in attacking the far post or something in corners he may be even better.. is the set pieces setting on this set to Best Header? if not, make it like that :)

keep me posted..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back