Mine and your take on Chelsea's current situation?

ffs obviusly u didnt got my point..anyways u are succesful in last 10 years but before that....big blank...that's my point...but then liverpool won fa cup twice,league cup,champions league,europa league in last 10 years so you do you now see my point?

History and success are 2 different things. I would stretch back to 13 years not 10.

ffs obviusly u didnt got my point..anyways u are succesful in last 10 years but before that....big blank...that's my point...but then liverpool won fa cup twice,league cup,champions league,europa league in last 10 years so you do you now see my point?

Every team has history except maybe MK Dons as most clubs have been in existence since before we were all born.

Don't confuse the definition of success with history!!

The last decade has been the most succesful for Chelsea but we still have history even if the previous 96 years yielded less trophies than the last 10!
Chelsea fought for their future and their ground on the 80s and 90s because we are proud of our club and history as Liverpool so rightly should be.

Yes, there are newbie fans and tourists but that happens at all the big clubs now including Anfield

It was always Roman's intention for Chelsea to become self sufficient and we are very nearly there, thats the reason spending has been curbed lately, Roman is only slightly less rich than he was when he took control of Chelsea even having spent the crazy money he has in past seasons. This is the main thing that needs to be achieved in order to secure a successful future - off the pitch anyway. On pitch success in the future depends on youth development of course, as it stands we only have a few that look potentially good enough to challenge for first team in the future. As for this season, maybe it will be a good thing if we dont win anything (for just one season though!) bring everybody at the club down to earth a little, let Roman see that more investment IS needed. The squad is ageing and we do need to bring in some big names. At least we are not the only big club under achieving this season! Thats why the Prem is the best in the world, anyone could potentially beat anyone. Great thread, enjoyed reading everyone's opinions.

So, from what I've read everybody seems to think that how many trophies a team has won in total makes them the biggest?! So wouldn't that make Linfield the biggest club in the world?

Last edited:
1. Chelsea are not a big club.

2. It is not the end of an 'era', it is the end of a limited phase.

3. Proves your nothing without spending **** loads of money every season.
Hah this made me laugh. It's harsh, but kinda true. What if Abramovich isn't willing to put the same amounts of money in anymore? Chelsea's youth is not good enough to carry them, Chelsea's current stars are getting old.

I think what Roman wants us is to become self-sufficient, all we did wrong this season was to no bring in adequate replacements for our leaing stars such as Deco and Ballack and Roman has promised us funds to bring in these players this transfer window, I strongly highlight the need for a midfielder, Centre-Back and Young Striker and I am optimistic we can turn our season around

And for those fools who forget, we finished 4th the season before Roman bought us and all he did was to give us an extra kick

Well it's a slump isn't it. Understand it's dreadful for Chelsea fans to watch, but quite fortunate to finally beat on of the big four twice this season (6). For me it's the sacking of Ray Wilkins. Few days after that, you got trashed by Sunderland on your own wrecking field and since then you can't win

Getting beat by Sunderland aftr being on a massive run is going to destroy anyones self belief, couple to this the fact your best players havent performed as they have in previous seasons and you hav this situation. Chelsea will turn it around im sure of it, if it can be done in time to stop United is another matter. Just need some money spending on freshening up the sqaud and brining in some young players.

Lol typical ignorant Chelsea fan. Let's have a guess, never been to an away game? Started supporting around 2002 sort of time?

Yes you have a better last 10 years than us, that is the bloomin point. 10 years, wow, other than those 10 years we have been a bigger and better club than you since we were founded. So my dearest fellow, put your toys back in the pram, and take a hike.

you just sound like one of those bored jealous fans, so what if we have no history, no one looks ta he past, its all about the present and future so i dont give a effig **** tht u won 7 titles in thelast 100 years when my grandpa had to watch on black and white footage

It dosnt matter about history or QPR this is about the recent form of Chelsea no? I dont see why every discussion on here turns into an argument about money or history. Yes some clubs have better history and less money and some clubs have more money and less history, we all know who they are we dont need reminding on every thread!!

Last edited:
It dosnt matter about history or QPR this is about the recent form of Chelsea no? I dont see why every discussion on here turns into an argument about money or history. Yes some clubs have better history and less money and some clubs have more money and less history, we all know who they are we dont need reminding on every thread!!

Could not have put it better myself

Well, Problem is not just departure of wilkins or board members. It is much more than that. Maybe age is finally catching up or Chelsea paying for the lack of investment in youth players. The team that was beating **** out of all teams 6 months back are playing for 4th place. Are the players way too Complacent?

Team playing with 3 Midfielder has way too weak in depth in midfield. Essien is not really back to his best. I was expecting much more than that.

Anyways found this pic.

scaledphptn0server612filenameww90.jpg

only just seen this thread, not suprised to see it go off topic within the first page, and turn into slag off chelsea.

That said ,Roman simply needs to stop listening to yes men and meddling, and let Carlo get on with it, and open the chequebook

chelsea is not self sufficient enough to be a major force in football, sure they have a great squad but where are the young guns ?

Well, Problem is not just departure of wilkins or board members. It is much more than that. Maybe age is finally catching up or Chelsea paying for the lack of investment in youth players.

Kind of agree with this. Mourinho signed a lot of players at their peak. They are now past that peak, and while excellent players still, the squad has been denuded relatively to where Chelsea were. It had to be so unless the money was going to continue to be pumped in which it evidently isn't going to be.

Ancelotti has had key injuries in a squad which is certainly weaker than it was last year and so less able to sustain momentum when they happened.

Chelsea's investment in a youth system has been quite heavy. But it isn't producing results in the time frame promised. It never could have done and Ancelotti is paying the price for several years of not blooding youth players gradually. This is kind of understandable given the demands for results and could also be an indication of a lack of quality within a given age range.

Ancelotti is a fantastic manager. His record speaks for itself. But he can't build bricks without straw, and it remains to be seen just how he can cope with a Chelsea which is downsizing from its peak.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Oh - and this is a genius take on the subject: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/sun-tzu-football-consultant/