Mine and your take on Chelsea's current situation?

chelsea is not self sufficient enough to be a major force in football, sure they have a great squad but where are the young guns ?

Serious?!

That's funny coming from a utd fan, seeming you don't have a single promising youngster (other than maybe Macheda, Diouf and Cleverley) atm who will break in to the utd starting 11 in the next 3 years IMO! All the rest such as Wellbeck will end up like Richardson and Campbell and be wasted talent ending up at people like Sunderland! As for Smalling he'll be your Wes Brown for the next ten years! And Obertan will end up back in France playing for a mid-table team such as Toulouse or Lens!

We have McEachran, Kakuta, Sturridge, Bruma, Borini (if he stays), van Aanholt etc.

Serious?!

That's funny coming from a utd fan, seeming you don't have a single promising youngster (other than maybe Macheda, Diouf and Cleverley) atm who will break in to the utd starting 11 in the next 3 years IMO! All the rest such as Wellbeck will end up like Richardson and Campbell and be wasted talent ending up at people like Sunderland! As for Smalling he'll be your Wes Brown for the next ten years! And Obertan will end up back in France playing for a mid-table team such as Toulouse or Lens!

We have McEachran, Kakuta, Sturridge, Bruma, Borini (if he stays), van Aanholt etc.
I'm pretty sure you cant see into teh future, so you dont know how players from either side will turn out. But as it currently stands, United's youth and young player prospects are significantly better than yours. Part of your problem is the lack of youth coming through

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Given Chelsea's need to develop youth, I'm suprised that Arnesen is leaving at the end of the season.

Serious?!

Please do show me this evidence you have miraculously recovered from the future where the United youth fail to fulfil their promise whereas the Chelsea youth is a startling success. Ignorance is cool, yo.

Chelsea's investment in a youth system has been quite heavy. But it isn't producing results in the time frame promised. It never could have done and Ancelotti is paying the price for several years of not blooding youth players gradually. This is kind of understandable given the demands for results and could also be an indication of a lack of quality within a given age range.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

We won the youth cup last year?
And the time frame promised was this season that why we got rid of Ballack, Deco etc. To make space for youth in the squad.

The problem is not lack of academy players, it's the 22-26 age range we're struggling with, that's why we tried getting Ramires, even though he's a good player he was a risk because it was always going to be a struggle for him to get used to the tempo.

Although it may not seem it, I do agree with most of what you're saying.

Lol what is the 'situation' apart from a bad run of form?

Everyone has one of those. Hardly a situation.

No, I don't that's why I said in my opinion!

But atm I believe the Chelsea youth is better, maybe Utd's was better in the past, but with the money we have invested in it ours is looking very strong. But who knows maybe Chelsea's promising stars will flop and Man Utd's will be a dazzling success?!

Lol what is the 'situation' apart from a bad run of form?

Everyone has one of those. Hardly a situation.
the situation is that its their worst run of form in 15 years, and they dont really look like coming out of it.

And the time frame promised was this season that why we got rid of Ballack, Deco etc. To make space for youth in the squad.

The problem is not lack of academy players, it's the 22-26 age range we're struggling with, that's why we tried getting Ramires, even though he's a good player he was a risk because it was always going to be a struggle for him to get used to the tempo.

We won the youth cup 2 or 3 seasons ago, look at our youngsters..

Pacheco is the only promising one there. Spearing, Darby, Dalla Valle, Amoo, none of them have stepped up, means **** all. Also, disagree about Chelsea's youth being better than United's.

Serious?!

It's ridiculous how you're dismissing players like Smalling, Welbeck and Obertan then exalting Bruma, Sturridge and Kakuta in the same post, it really is. Sturridge is a year older than Welbeck and can only dream of the sort of form the latter's been in recently. And nice of you to ignore Fabio and Rafael, both only twenty and obviously the future of United.

the situation is that its their worst run of form in 15 years, and they dont really look like coming out of it.

Ok fair enough but still, its a little slump in their form. Everyone has a bad run, albeit its their worst one in 15 years,

I think people blow it out of proportion though, because its Chelsea and they aren't battering teams 73-0 anymore.

Theyre just suffering cos of injuries and the like, just like any other team might have the misfortune of doing so.

I'm pretty sure you cant see into teh future, so you dont know how players from either side will turn out. But as it currently stands, United's youth and young player prospects are significantly better than yours. Part of your problem is the lack of youth coming through

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Given Chelsea's need to develop youth, I'm suprised that Arnesen is leaving at the end of the season.

No way are utd's youth significantly better than ours!

Aye mate, I thought that was what I said. You haven't produced players for the first team of an age where they should be squad regulars - and that was never going to happen for this season - but the squad has been denuded of depth and quality with a timeframe in mind when that timeframe was imposed because of financial constraints and not really by any realistic assessment of who was going to be stepping up to the plate. And as you say, you can buy the players in of that age range but it's always a gamble whether they'll adapt quickly enough at a (relatively) young age or will come close to fulfilling their potential.

You're still living well beyond your means at the moment, so the pinch is going to get even tighter come the summer and Abramovich will not be able to pump in the money even if he wanted to.

On the plus side, you have one of the best managers in the game in charge and it seems like Abramovich has already read the riot act to the dressing room about causing him any ****.

Will be interesting to see where you go from here because you'll need a full overhaul of the squad very soon which can be very firmly be pinned on Mourinho's transfer policy. You've got a lot of silverware to show for it though :)

Winning the Youth Cup means very little really. We won it '06 and '07, those players? All gone or reserves.

It's ridiculous how you're dismissing players like Smalling, Welbeck and Obertan then exalting Bruma, Sturridge and Kakuta in the same post, it really is. Sturridge is a year older than Welbeck and can only dream of the sort of form the latter's been in recently. And nice of you to ignore Fabio and Rafael, both only twenty and obviously the future of United.

Hahahahahahahha Fabio and Rafael, that's funny!

Ok fair enough but still, its a little slump in their form. Everyone has a bad run, albeit its their worst one in 15 years,

I think people blow it out of proportion though, because its Chelsea and they aren't battering teams 73-0 anymore.

Theyre just suffering cos of injuries and the like, just like any other team might have the misfortune of doing so.
yeah thats the thing, its like a perfect storm, they have lots of other issues that are making the whole thing worse.

chrisbird i dont wanna get into a ******* contest over the youth but i really suggest you go and do some research on how many of our young players are playing, and how many of yours are. Like i said United's young and young player prospects are significantly better

Last edited:
Serious?!

Behave yourself Son.

Fabio, Rafael, Macheda, Welbeck, Obertan, Smalling, Gibson, Cleverly have already done more for our team then your boys have, and there all similar ages.

yeah thats the thing, its like a perfect storm, they have lots of other issues that are making the whole thing worse.

chrisbird i dont wanna get intoa ******* contest over the youth but i really suggest you go and do some research on how many of our young player are playing, and how many of yours are. Like i sad United young and young player prospects are significantly better

Neither do I...but I still disagree.
Oh, and I don't need to do any research thank you, my footballing knowledge is good enough as it is. And when I say playing I mean every game and a key player not backup. And the reason I didn't include Rafael and Fabio is because they play quite regular atm.

Last edited: